FIN

The Girl In The Video

 

 

The memory of Dahyun and Chaeyoung laughing when she informed them of having a girlfriend always bugged Yoo Jeongyeon, it always replayed in her mind and made her curious on why they laughed even harder when she mentioned her lover's name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Slapping the cloth onto the table, Jeongyeon had stopped cleaning the table and turned around to glare at her friends, arms cross with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Why are you guys laughing? What's so funny about me having a girlfriend?" She questioned, to which Dahyun raised a hand, telling her to wait a bit while she and Chaeyoung gathered up the strength to stop laughing.

 

"Jeongyeon," the tofu began, said girl raised her eyebrow higher (if possible), "it's not that we don't believe you have a girlfriend. I'm pretty sure you have more game than me and Tzuyu." Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, her dimples showing with the toothy smile she had plastered on her face, "you 100% have more rizz than those two. W rizz for sure, but no more than me because I'm the rizzler."

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes at what Chaeyoung added. "Okay, but why are you guys laughing? I haven't said a joke, I'm just telling you guys that I have a girlfriend and that her name is Im Nayeon–" Her friends burst out laughing once again, causing Jeongyeon to deflate.

 

A flour covered Tzuyu soon appeared into the scene, stepping out from the kitchen to figure out why the hell two of her unnies were laughing at the eldest.

 

"What's so funny? Did Jeongyeon get her foot stuck in the mop bucket again or what?" The Taiwanese questioned, curious on why the two were laughing like they heard the funny joke.

 

Chaeyoung (this time) raised her hand to tell Tzuyu to wait. Gathering her breath, the Cub turned her head to look at Jeongyeon, "what was your girlfriend's name again, unnie?"

 

"Im Nayeon–"

 

Soon, a trio of maknaes laughing had filled the small bakery. Jeongyeon deflated more and resumed her task of cleaning, grumbling under her breath about how no one believes her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ah, yes, the day that Jeongyeon questioned if it was worth being friends  with the trio. 

 

Besides that, the Yoo now realizes why they laughed.

 

Because on her phone was a video– not just any video you'd find on YouTube, but a video that contained her girlfriend, Im Nayeon, and a guy by the name of 'Minhyuk'.

 

Tightening her grip on the phone, Jeongyeon watched as the two leaned in,  making kissy noises while doing so. Jeongyeon wasn't one to get jealous, but it sure did hurt to see your lover (almost) kissing someone else.

 

Before the video could finish, Jeongyeon pressed the home button and left YouTube, preventing herself from further witnessing the actions done in the video. The Yoo was frozen, so many thoughts running through her head after watching the video, thoughts such as:

 

'Why the hell didn't she tell me she's famous?'

 

'How did I not find out till now?'

 

'Does this change anything?'

 

'She wasn't kidding when she said she was gonna be a star...'

 

Sinking into the couch with a sigh as she closed her eyes, opening them again to stare at the ceiling, Jeongyeon figured that she'll have to confront Nayeon about this when she comes home.

 

Which would be in a week, because Jeongyeon had been told by Nayeon it was because she had to go to *insert random place* for a "business meeting".

 

But, with the new information, Jeongyeon now assumed that she's doing a photoshoot or things famous people do.

 

Pursing her lips as she still stared at the ceiling, she brought her phone back to her face, turned it on and opened contacts. Dialing Chaeyoung's number, Jeongyeon decided to pass time by learning how the public views her girlfriend.

 

"Hey Chae, can you do me a favor?"

 

"What is it now unnie? Last time I helped you with something, Wendy and Jihyo almost made me go deaf from their scolding." Chaeyoung replied, shuddering behind the phone as she recalled the event, "and you think they'd use that voice for singing."

 

"It's not a prank this time, I promise," The Yoo reassured, "I just need you to inform me about Im Nayeon."

 

"Ah, I would've thought you knew alot about your supposed girlfriend," Chaeyoung spoke, a sigh following afterwards,  "but your paying for snacks, I happen to know a fanclub revolved all around her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If Jeongyeon happened to know this amount of people devoted their lives to holding knowledge about her girlfriend, she would've hesitated on agreeing to be in a relationship with the celebrity they worshipped.

 

—OK, maybe that's one of the reasons why Nayeon didn't tell her about being a celebrity.

 

Standing inside an almost full room filled with people wearing merchandise that had her girlfriend's name and face printed onto it, with a song that repeated 'POP' playing in the background, Jeongyeon looked around the room and watched everyone's interactions.

 

She watched as a male with aqua colored hair pop his chest in sync with the song, while a taller one (that looked like a rabbit) facepalmed and shook is head.

 

She watched as a scarily good-looking woman stare at a woman with bear-like visuals move her hands, one opening while the other points, moving as if it were a dance.

 

Hell, she even spotted one of her co-workers, Momo, do the dance while Dahyun recorded it.

 

"Not what you expected, right?" Chaeyoung asked, resting an elbow on Jeongyeon's right shoulder (though, with her height, she had to stand on her tip toes to do so). The ostrich only nodded, too stunned to speak, which Chaeyoung took notice of.

 

"Welp, I might as well introduce you to the people who founded this club." Chaeyoung stated, "but beware, they might not be the way they appear." She added a warning to the end, which Jeongyeon nodded at, not taking the warning seriously.

 

With that, the Yoo followed where the Cub guided her, introducing the Yoo to a few people such as the bear-like girl who went by the name Seulgi and the aqua haired male named Yeonjun, also meeting their partners Irene and Soobin.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Felix! Hi Ryujin! Hi Yuna!" Chaeyoung greeted the three, giving the trio a hug before turning around to introduce Jeongyeon. "This is Yoo Jeongyeon, she wanted to visit this club and learn about the one you worship." The Cub spoke, earning a nod from the three. "And Jeongyeon, these are the founders of this club." 

 

Looking at the trio, Jeongyeon could conclude that the male seemed to be a sweetheart while the girl (slightly shorter than her) looked like a total badass, the last one was a taller girl that looked very excited.

 

The tall blond male with freckles stepped out first and outstretched his hand, flashing a bright smile as he greeted himself, "Welcome to the club, Yoo Jeongyeon. My name is Lee Felix." His deep voice surprised the Ostrich.

 

"Ah, so that's what Chae meant that you guys don't appear as you seem," Jeongyeon muttered, outstretching a hand to shake Felix's, "nice to meet you, Felix." She greeted, smiling back.

 

The second one to step out and introduce herself was the short female (not shorter than Chaeyoung though). "Yo, my name is Shin Ryujin, that girl there is my little sister, Shin Yuna." The laid back girl introduced, jamming her thumb to the direction of her younger sister, aka the last girl to introduce herself.

 

"Not cool Ryujin, I wanted to introduce myself!" Yuna pouted, regaining her composure, "but yes, my name is Shin Yuna and Ryujin here only helped form the club to impress a certain cat." Ryujin  lightly smacked the taller's shoulder, glaring at her for exposing one of reasons behind why the club was formed.

 

Offended at the smack her sister gave, Yuna continued to bother her sister, "you could ask Chae here for some tips on winning Yeji over! After all, this cub has the most rizz– aside from Seulgi and Moonbyul– here."

 

"Yuna, shut up." Ryujin said, teeth clenched as she tried to stare down her tall younger sister.

 

Chaeyoung perked up at her name being mentioned, so it was too late for Ryujin to end the conversation. 

 

"Ryu still hasn't asked out Yeji?" The cub questioned, tsking when Yuna shook her head no."At this point, Hyunjin and Ni-Ki can stop preparing their interrogation script because they have nothing to protect Yeji from." At that statement, Ryujin growled and argument full of teases ensued.

 

Felix and Jeongyeon only watched as the three banter, both quiet for a few minutes before Felix decided to break the silence and interact with the Yoo.

 

"Welp since they spilled one of the reasons why the club got formed, I might as well state why I joined," Felix began, before adding a quick, "and don't you dare laugh." Jeongyeon nodded and held out a pinky swear.

 

"I joined because I'm secretly one of Nayeon's background singers." Felix stated with a straight face, convincing Jeongyeon he was serious before he bursted out laughing.

 

"I'm just kidding," He patted her shoulder a bit to calm himself, "they just have a private video of me dancing and threatened to show Hyunjin." Blushing a bit at the mentioned name, Jeongyeon figured out that Hyunjin was the blond's crush.

 

"Ah, so Yuna is basically threatening to embarrass you and Ryujin in front of your crushes if you didn't join the club." Jeongyeon summed up, Felix nodded.

 

"But uh, besides that," Felix scratched his cheek, glancing at his watch to look at the time, "the gathering is about to start so I suggest you sit somewhere because this fanclub is really packed."

 

Doing as told, Jeongyeon wandered away from Felix and the bantering trio, finding a green bean bag to sit on as she waited for the gathering to begin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright everyone! Gather around, it's time to share your favorite clips!" Ryujin shouted, having everyone in the room gather around to the lounge area, some sitting on chairs or on eachothers laps, some sat on the floor.

 

"But before we begin," Felix appeared to the front, a clip board in his hand, "we must do roll call and introduce our special guest." He stated before calling out names.

 

"Yeonjun?"

 

"Here." The duck-face male replied, throwing up a peace sign.

 

"Jessi?"

 

A tan woman raised her hand, making her existence known, Felix nodded in acknowledgement.

 

"Soyeon?"

 

"Here–" a nasally voiced replied, but was soon cut off by a punch from the real Soyeon. "I'm right here, ignore Yuqi." Felix checked both of their names.

 

"Huening-Kai? Bahiyyih?"

 

"Here!" Both siblings raised their hands, the male imitating his sister's voice, which earned him a smack on the arm 

 

"Ji-yeon?"

 

Ryujin quickly stepped in to inform Felix about, "Ji-yeon and Jieun aren't here because Ji-yeon's getting married, in case you forgot." Felix let out an 'ah', pouting soon afterwards, "she didn't invite me?"

 

"Last time you attended Chen's wedding, you gave it your all on the dance floor and accidentally grabbed Hyunjin's ." Ryujin stated, causing the Lee to blush at the recall of events.

 

"Ah, don't bring that up." Felix resumed back to his task.

 

"Soobin?"

 

The giant bunny raised his hand, with it soon being pulled down by Yeonjun.

 

"Seulgi?" 

 

The bear raised her hand as she talked to Irene, who only stared at her lips throughout their whole convo.

 

Jeongyeon sighed, sesing as the roll call was surely gonna take a long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And is Monday here?"

 

"Right here sir." a brunette said, sitting criss-crossed and hugging her knees.

 

Seeing that almost everyone was here, Felix now decided to introduce Jeongyeon to them. "So did everyone bring their favorite clips of Nayeon?" The fan boys and girls nodded. Felix smiled.

 

"Okay, so our special guest for today is Yoo Jeongyeon. Please welcome her." Felix said as he pointed to the direction of where the Yoo sat, everyone smiled and waved at the guest, the ostrich waved back with an awkward smile, not liking the attention on her.

 

— another reason why Nayeon probably  kept her fame hidden.

 

"Okay okay, no who'd like to share their clips first?" Felix asked, watching as a few hands raised up.

 

"Alright, you go first Chuu."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After two hours of watching the clips the members had shared of her girlfriend, Jeongyeon had came to discover a few new things about her girlfriend:

 

1. She is indeed someone you should date

2. Nayeon does good impressions of her friends

3. She sings and has a song called "I'm gonna be a star"

4. That she's ⅓ of Third Generations IT girl.

5. She had a crazy stalker (probably still does, going back to the time Jeongyeon received a mysterious call from said dude)

 

And many more information that painted Nayeon to appear as a gay clown to the public.

 

Towards the end of the gathering, Jeongyeon had made about 12 new friends in one night.

 

As the two (Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung) stepped out the building where the fan club was held, the two had quietly walked to their car before discussing their thoughts on the meeting.

 

"So you're telling me, Im Nayeon is basically 'gay clown, party city'?"

 

Chaeyoung nodded.

 

A few beats of silence.

 

"When does the next meeting happen?c

 

"Jeongyeon, you befriended almost everyone there. Just text Felix or Ryujin and ask them about it." Chae replied, finally starting the car, regretting her decision of introducing Jeongyeon to the club.

 

And so, for the rest of the week, Jeongyeon spent her time hanging out with some of the club members. Getting to know them and their views on Nayeon better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby! I'm back!" Announced Nayeon as she swung open the door to the bedroom, hoping to surprise her girlfriend by coming back a day early– but she was the one to be surprised by not seeing Jeongyeon in the room.

 

Placing her luggage by the side of the door, Nayeon stepped into the rook with a confused look. "Babe?" She called again, thinking that the Yoo would pop out of no where and tackle her into a cuddle.

 

She was 100% sure that Jeongyeon would just stay at home while she was gone, knowing that the Yoo wasn't one to go hangout with her friends unless Nayeon had convinced her.

 

Eh, whatever Nayeon shrugged, this just an opportunity to prepare a real surprise. Smirking at that thought, Nayeon walked into the closet, picking an outfit that would surely surprise Jeongyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"GURR YOU'RE JUST MY TYPEEE, WE SHOULD MATCH IT UP, MATCH IT UP." Dahyun screamed, singing along to the English version of NCT's 'Make a Wish',, annoying Jeongyeon while the others were fine with it because they had their earbuds plugged in.

 

Swaying her body to the beat (with the space she had in the passengers seat, it made it look like she was having a seizure), Dahyun continued to sing along to the song before an idea came to mind.

 

"Oh! Jeongyeon, since you're still learning more about Im Nayeon, we could take this car ride as time to listen to her mini album!" Dahyun proposed, Jeongyeon nodded, agreeing to the proposal because on God Jihyo, she missed her girlfriend's singing.

 

Grabbing the aux and plugging it into her phone, Dahyun surfed through Spotify a bit before playing Nayeon's album, Love Countdown being the first song to boom through the cars speakers.

 

"Tell me do you wanna be my lover?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parking her car in the driveway, Jeongyeon unlocked the car doors and exited the car, her friends doing the same.

 

Soobin whistled, admiring Jeongyeon's home, "this is where you live? All by yourself? Must be lonely." He commented, which earned a raised brow from Yeonjun.

 

"Are you trying to leave me for her?"

 

"If the offer was up and if she wasn't gay." Soobin answered, Yeonjun only looked offended.

 

Jeongyeon chuckled at the tall couple's banter, "I don't live by myself actually, I do have a house mate but she's currently somewhere else for a business trip." The Yoo answered Soobin's question, feeling a little bitter from repeating the lie she was told.

 

"So, are you guys just gonna stand there or follow me inside?" Jeongyeon asked, making her way to unlock the front door, earning a nod as the trio followed her, soon entering the house when she unlocked it.

 

As they viewed the interior of the Yoo's house, Dahyun perked up as she remembered something. 

 

"Hey Jeong, I left something in your room the last time me and Chae came over here for a sleepover, mind if I go grab it?" Jeongyeon nodded, thinking that Dahyun had probably just left a small item somewhere in the guest room upstairs.

 

Dahyun dashed up the stairs, leaving Jeongyeon with the two males to go search for the missing item. 

 

Turning around to face the two males, Jeongyeon clapped her hands and smiled, "who wants to lose to me in Super Smash Bros?" Yeonjun, being the competitor he is, stomped on his feet, not one to take mockery, "I'll kick your with Kirby."

 

"I'll beg to differ, Kratos will sweep the floor with your Kirby."

 

With that, a cocky Jeongyeon and competitive Yeonjun headed into the living room, an unimpressed Soobin tagging along.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" you! I swear this is my time to win!" Yeonjun shouted, pressing every button on his controller as quick as he could, praying to beat an unfazed Jeongyeon.

 

So far, the two had went through three rounds in Super Smash bros. And in all three of them, Jeongyeon was the one to win.

 

The ostrich smirked, enjoying the duck's rage when she knocks him off the platform. "Soo! Distract her or something please!" Yeonjun whined, trying his best to move back onto the platform.

 

Soobin didn't respond, as he was busy sleeping on the couch, the male bunny was one to easily get bored at watching others play.

 

Though, he was woken up when after hearing a scream.

 

"WHAT THE —"

 

THUD

 

Jeongyeon and Yeonjun jumped in surprise, both dropping their controllers on accident. Both of their heads turned around in sync, looking to the stairs that lead to the second story. "Damn, forgot about her..." Jeongyeon mumbled, getting up from her seat to check what the noise was while Yeonjun went to go aid a fallen Soobin.

 

 

Making her way up the stairs, Jeongyeon saw that her bedroom door was open– the sight made her quickly rush into the room to see what the hell Dahyun was doing in there.

 

And, as soon as she made it to the entrance, she was greeted by a unconscious Dahyun and a Nayeon wrapped in blankets.

 

Well, .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Waving the two males goodbye, watching as they carried Dahyun to Sana's car. She closed the door as soon as they entered the car, sighing as she locked it.

 

Turning her head to look at the figure sitting on the couch, the ostrich figured that now was the time to confront Nayeon about the discovery she made.

 

Making her way to sit next to her lover on the couch, Jeongyeon sighed and looked down at the floor, figuring out how she was gonna go about this while Nayeon only stared at her.

 

"When were you gonna tell me about you being famous?" Jeongyeon started, staring at Nayeon as she awaited her response.

 

The bunny nibbled on her bottom lip, a nervous expression plastered onto her face, "I was gonna tell you when they give me the greenlight to come open about our relationship." Jeongyeon shook her head.

 

"Nay," Jeongyeon turned to her and cupped both of  Nayeon's hands into hers, "I thought we agreed on not keeping secrets from eachother? And you know they're never gonna give you the greenlight to come out about our relationship, relationships like ours aren't really approved here." Nayeon nodded sadly, moving her gaze down to look at her feet.

 

The two sat in silence for a couple of minutes, until seeing that Nayeon wasn't gonna respond, Jeongyeon sighed.

 

"I'm not angry or anything, just kind of disappointed you kept something like this from me." The Yoo reassured, "I understand why you hid something like this from me, you have your reasons, I know that."

 

Nayeon looked up at Jeongyeon, curious at what else the Yoo was gonna say.

 

Jeongyeon bit her lip, nervous at the next thing she's  gonna say, eyes casting to look anywhere other than Nayeon's

eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"That just means we'll have to have a secret wedding, or wait until your contract ends."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few more seconds of silence pass.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you telling me that you were about to propose to me?" Nayeon asks, shock evident in her voice, which soon spreaded onto her facial features when her girlfriend nodded.

 

Tackling her girlfriend into a hug, the two fell back onto the couch, Nayeon shoved her face into Jeongyeon's neck, tears of joy pooling at the corner of her eyes.

 

"Y-you're being serious, r-right?" Nayeon stuttered, happiness shooting through her veins at the thought of Jeongyeon actually proposing to her.

 

Jeongyeon patted her back, nodding her head, "Yeah I'm being serious, you did say a girl like you is good to date. Same thing must apply for marriage." Nayeon lifted her head to stare at Jeongyeon, face to face, a teasing smile on the Yoo's face.

 

"How did you know about that?"

 

"I may have attended a fanclub of yours to learn more about your celebrity background, and I must say, you sure don't use your brain before you say things." The Yoo smirked, earning a smack on the shoulder from a whining Nayeon.

 

 

 

 

the end. lol.

 

 

 

A/N: I don't think I revised or edited this, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. All I know is that I rushed on this towards the end.