Before You Leave |Jenlisa

Before You Leave | Jenlisa

"I need to go now, Lisa", Jennie said sitting beside her girlfriend whose cheeks are stained with tears.

 

"Don't.. please. I know I made a mistake that night and I regret it. Just please.. don't leave me.", The younger girl begged with tears still falling from her eyes, her breaths heavy due to crying.

 

"It's bad for you if I stay. It's bad for the both of us. You know that. We both have to move on now.", Jennie said while wiping the tears rolling down Lisa's cheeks.

 

"I can't, Jennie. How can I live without you?", Lisa asked.

 

Jennie gave a small smile and hugged the girl. "You just think that you can't, but you can. I know you can."

 

Lisa didn't talk for a while. She tried to calm down and stop crying before sharing her thoughts.

 

"Do you really have to go now?", Lisa asked.

 

Jennie broke free from the hug and looked at the girl. "Why? Do you have something in mind?"

 

Lisa looked at the other girl in the eyes. "I don't want that night to be the last time with me that you'll remember. Can I have one last day with you?"

 

Jennie looked far away as if looking for someone, looking for an answer. 

 

She smiled and looked back at Lisa. "Okay. One last day. I would love that.", That answer made Lisa smile widely. "For now, you should go rest so you'll have full energy for our last day tomorrow."

 

"Come sleep with me?", Lisa asked while tucking herself in bed.

 

Jennie followed her suit. "You go first. I'll watch over you.", Jennie said giving Lisa a small smile.

 

Lisa smiled back. With Jennie caressing her hair, the younger girl fell asleep.

 

 

The next day, the two girls went to one of their favorite places, the amusement park.

 

"We're two people and we got inside with only one ticket!", Lisa said laughing.

 

"Yeah well the receptionist guy thinks I'm cute.", Jennie said with a smug smile making Lisa laugh again.

 

"Yes you are!", Lisa said, smiling at the girl.

 

"Hey! Cotton candy! You love that!", Jennie said pointing at the colorful candy stall.

 

Lisa smiled widely and run towards the guy selling it with Jennie following her. "Would you like one?", Lisa asked. 

 

The cotton candy guy looked at Lisa. "You're going to buy?"

 

"I would love to if they have black cotton candy.", Jennie answered Lisa's inquiry making the girl smile a little.

 

"Just one. The pink one please.", Lisa said to the cotton candy guy. The guy nodded and gave Lisa one.

 

"Thank you!", Lisa said and skipped away like a little kid.

 

"Weird lady.", The cotton candy guy whispered.

 

"You wanna ride something?", Lisa asked.

 

"Our favorite.", Jennie answered smiling.

 

Lisa smiled back. "The Ferris wheel. The only ride you can go on.", Lisa said teasingly.

 

Jennie slapped the girl's arm. "Because other rides are scary!"

 

"You're just a scaredy cat!", Lisa teased.

 

"Yeah whatever.", Jennie said and rolled her eyes at the girl which made the girl laugh.

 

"You're cute." Lisa said and skipped away again like a child.

 

Jennie ran after her. "You know people are looking at you like you're crazy.", Jennie informed.

 

The statement didn't fazed Lisa and just smiled at the girl. "They're right.. I'm crazy in love with you."

 

"Lisa.", Jennie said with a tone of warning and sadness.

 

Lisa stopped and looked at the girl. "Yeah I know. We have to be apart. But can we forget it for a while? Let's just enjoy this day like we used to.", Lisa pleaded. Jennie took a big sigh and nodded.

 

"Sure. Let's go?", Jennie asked, and before Lisa could answer, she dragged the girl to the Ferris wheel.

 

They're no lines so they easily got on the ride. 

 

"You know why I love this ride?, Jennie asked while looking at the view below them.

 

"Yeah because this is the place where I proposed to you.", Lisa answered jokingly.

 

Jennie laughed. "Yeah that's one reason."

 

"So what's the other?"

 

"It's just one of those rides that you could intimately enjoy with the person you're with. It's slow and peaceful that gives you a magnificent view you can share with someone special to you.", Jennie said, looking outside and then to Lisa.

 

Lisa paused for a while and just admired the person in front of her. "I will miss riding this with you."

 

"I will too.", Jennie said and held Lisa's hand.

 

After that, they rode almost all the rides in that amusement park (glad that Jennie didn't got motion sickness after all that), played different games and won lots of prizes.

 

 

The night came, it was the event everyone was waiting for.

 

They waited in front of the carousel, a place that has a great view of the firework display.

 

"It's beginning, Lisa!!", Jennie said smiling widely.

 

Lisa wanted to smile, she does, but instead, tears started falling from her eyes. "This will be the last time I'm going to see this with you."

 

Jennie looked at the girl, her smile turned into a frown. "When you see a firework, just know that I'm watching it with you, okay?", Jennie said, and tears started falling from her eyes also. Lisa nodded and tried to smile for the girl.

 

"I'm really sorry for that night.", Lisa said.

 

"You did nothing wrong. It's not your fault. You didn't know there was a car driven by a drunk guy coming to us at the intersection.", Jennie explained, wiping the tears that started falling from Lisa's eyes again.

 

It's been a month since Lisa woke up from a coma, only to find out that Jennie died from the car crash. 

 

Lisa is the only one who can see Jennie. Her parents thought that it's her way of coping, her way of grieving. So, they just let her. Jennie was supposed to cross over the other side the day Lisa woke up but Lisa begged her not, so she stayed. But Jennie knows that staying longer will be harder for Lisa to move on and accept that she's gone, so she decided to leave now.

 

"I wish I'm the one who died.", Lisa said crying heavily.

 

"I don't want that. This happened for a reason. We may not know now, but someday we will.", Jennie said and hugged Lisa.

 

The firework started, the two girls watched it together with tears in their eyes, knowing that when this show ends, they must go their separate ways.

 

"I love you. I will always do. Live your life, Lisa. I will always be watching over you. Open your heart for another person, let them make you happy... that will make me happy too.", Jennie said. The firework display ended, and a bright light appeared in front of Jennie. "I see the light, Lisa. You have to let me go now."

 

Lisa wiped her tears, took a deep breath, and gave Jennie a big smile. "I love you, my Jennie. I hope you'll be in peace now. Thank you for all the years you've been with me. Thank you for all the memories. I will never forget you. You will always have a big part in my heart.", Jennie smiled hearing those words from Lisa. "I'm letting you go now.", Lisa said with a smile.

 

Jennie started walking towards the light. Before entering, she stopped and looked back at Lisa, blew her a kiss, which the other girl caught and kept in her heart.

 

They waved goodbye at each other, and in a snap Jennie was gone.

 

Lisa knows and feels that wherever Jennie is now, she knows she's happy.

 

"I love you, Jennie Kim. Until we meet again."

 

fin.