Yoochun

The Call


'If someone you know is waiting on your mind

 

 

 

 

And needs a friend on the other end of the line

Don´t hesitate what you say may seem so small

But who knows

They might be glad you called'

 


Today was gonna be the day...

... he was finally walking down this long dark road. Being by himself he thought just how fitting it seemed that after his life had been exactly as lightless as this road his life would end when he reached his destiny on this road.

He never had been the sunny type to begin with, but neither was he so depressed and lonely when they had still been performing as five and under the same name. Of cuorse he always had the tendency to seclude himself and now that they were living on their own he finally managed to do so.

He was alone. By himself. Nobody by his side.

He sighed as the feelings started to well up again, the feelings that brought him on this path - hurt, loneliness, betrayal and guilt. He did not want to feel all that because it made him remember how it had been these days. Even when he had been in the deepest corners of his own mind there always was light at the end of the tunnel. And now this light was gone and he did not hae the strenght to find it again.

He liked this street - loved it even. Because every step he took on this street brought him closer to the end and therefor to the middle of the bridge. He could already hear the water that was flowing down there in the riverbed - majestic, calm and constant. Yet it was so powerful that he hardly stood a chance once he made the last step.

He took a deep breath before climbing onto the bridge railing. Trembling at the sheer height he was confronted with by looking down. His mind sped along. Thoughts of his family - both bloodrelated and not-bloodrelated - crossed his mind. Scenes of their reactions after getting informed what he'd done playing before his eyes. And yet he smiled. Smiled at seeing all of them before his inner eye. And as they were lying in each others embrace he started lifting his foot to make the last step.

His foot was still attached to the railing as a sudden loud noise made him almost jump. It took him several seconds to realise that it was his cell-phone ringing that made the noise. Hesitantly he reached into his pocket to retrieve the phone and answer the persistent caller.

"Chunnie-baby! Where are you? I miss you so much. How could you stand me up althought we were supposed to meet at our usual bar today? Now I have to endure this silliness that is HoSuMin all by myself! I need you to rescue me, okay. You're the only one who really understands me!"

"..."

"Yah! Park Yoochun! You better answer me this instant."

"Yes hyung" whispered Yoochun.

"Hyung? Oh my gosh how long has it been since you last called me hyung. Are you being emo again? Don't worry I - eh we won't you get up by your birthday crisis. So you better move your bony over here. ASAP! Yunho, Changmin and Junsu are getting tired of waiting."

"But..."

"No buts! And I don't care if I interrupted something important to you. Just COME HERE!"

And the phone went silent again. Yoochun blinked several times and stared unbelievingly at his phone. Slowly he realised that it indeed was his birthday today and that he was supposed to meet with Jaejoong and Junsu some time ago. But what did Jae say. Yunho and Changmin were also there?

A small smile made its way on his face and as he climbed down onto secure ground he whispered some words into the night.

I'm glad you called.”

 

 

 

 

'So make the call'