Bedtime Routine

(oneshot) Bedtime Routine

"Guys, it's time for bed~" sighing, Yuri pats her wet hands on her apron before untying it from the back and hanging it. "Come on, come on," she exits the kitchen and enters the living room filled with laughter; the scene makes her smile instantly.

"Ahhh!" a tiny, three year old shrieks along with laughter while running towards Yuri and hugs her legs. "Umma! Umma! The monster's gonna get me!" Her tiny fingers squeezing Yuri's leg, face pressing against her skin.

"Aigoo!" Yuri's hand hovers over the toddler's head, chuckling softly as she looks up to see her husband wearing the monster blankie bought for their five-year old son-- whose apparently a baby monster along side his father. 

"Rawr!" the little boy growls with a very convincing scary expression.

Her husband rawrs louder, making the small girl clinging onto her leg squirm.

She sighs again, a soft smile appearing on her face as she bends and picks up her baby girl, pressing a kiss on her cheek. "Don't be scared, Jiyool-ah," she coos as her three year old hugs her neck and rests her head on her shoulder.

Yuri huffs, eyes scrunching together as she throws daggers with her eyes at the enemies. "Umma will protect you!" She joins in the adventure. "I'll puff and I'll huff you monsters away!" She claims, pointing at the father and son monsters.

Then a baby in his walker chair giggles and claps in amusement at the live show before him; he has front row seats, right beside the couch.

The father gasps and lifts up the smaller monster, "No! Umma wolf's breath smells!" He cries, wrinkling his nose as he shields his son.

"Yah," Yuri laughs softly, getting out of character for a second then she takes a deep breath and blows them way.

"Ahhhhh!" The monsters cry together, the bigger one moving back as if he's really being puffed away until he plops back onto the couch. The moment they hit the soft cushions they pretend dead and defeated.

Fists of giggles comes out of the tiny baby, slapping his chair in utter glee.

Yuri glances at him and chuckles, "See, Jiyool?" she lifts the toddler higher a bit. "They're a piece of cake!"

The little girl turns around to see her dad and older brother laid on the couch with their tongues out to the side of their mouths to emphasize that they're 'dead'. She gasps with big eyes at her mommy, amazed, "Wah!" She giggles and hugs Yuri's neck again, kissing her cheek. "Umma's my hero~"

Just then, the monsters start flinching, groaning lowly as they regain their energy. A few seconds later, they're up again, looking sleepy and sluggish. It turns out they're zombies now.

They approach the mother and daughter with arms spread forward, making zombie sounds that make Jiyool scared again.

"Yunho," Yuri an eyebrow, her penitence slowly thinning, she swings her hips to the side she's carrying her daughter and gives her husband the look; just in time they're right in front of them. The monster zombies capture their victims, but instead of eating them like zombies do, they do a group hug.

Yunho's smile pressing against the other side of Yuri's neck as he wraps his arms around his wife and daughter while the eldest son hugs his parents' legs, smiling at his baby brother whose clapping and laughing at them.

Yuri can't help but smile, feeling all her stress just subside into happiness and warmth. She laughs when she sees their baby's grin, drooling.

"It's bed time now," she says again, gently nudging Yunho when she feels him nibbling on her neck. "Appa," she says in a warning tone, biting her lower lip when her husband touches that spot on her neck. "Jinho-yah, don't you feel sleepy, honey?"

Their eldest looks up at her, chin resting on her hip and shakes his head with a pout, "I'm not sleepy yet, umma."

Their second child yawns, her small hand covers her small mouth politely. "Appa and Jinnie oppa are scary," she says sleepily, rubbing her eye.

"Your little sister's sleepy though," Yuri frowns softly.

Yunho lifts his head up, ruffling Jinho's hair. He pouts at their second child, "Aw, we're sorry we scared you Jiyool-yah," he attempts to give his little girl a peck but gasps when she turns away from him. 

Yuri lifts her eyebrows, wondering how Yunho will react.

Yunho's pout deepens, his eyebrows creasing together, "Jiyool won't give appa a kiss? Why why why why!" He whines like a little kid.

Yuri laughs in amusement, "Ji-yah, it's a kiss treaty. If you kiss appa he won't scare you anymore," she nods at their daughter.

"No more?" Jiyool looks at Yuri with hesitation.

Yuri nods, "Mhm," she smiles, "Right, appa?" she turns to Yunho.

Yunho nods obediently, puckering his lips.

Jiyool blinks then leans closer and gives her daddy a peck, making Yunho smile again.

"I want a kiss too!" Jinho tugs on Yuri's shorts then the baby in the walker cries for attention.

"Jinho wants a kiss too?" Yunho asks, mirroring his tone as he takes Jiyool in his arms and lifts his son with his other arm, planting a chaste kiss on the corner of his lips while Yuri goes to their youngest. He grins at his kids before making way to the bathroom, "All aboard on the appa express!" He imitates a train and goes choo-choo, "Next stop, the bathroom! Let's go brush our teeth!"

Yuri coos at their youngest, getting him to stop crying once she's changed his diaper. "Yujoon-ah, you stinky little poopie maker you!" She lifts up a fresh baby and blows into his stomach, making the baby giggle. "Much better, huh?" She smiles at her baby, brushing his growing hair softly.

Yujoon just stares at his umma with a drooling grin.

"Aigoo," Yuri chuckles, wiping the edges of his mouth, "Let's go get you dressed for bed, hmm?" She pecks his cheek before getting him dressed in a comfy bodysuit. After she's gotten him dressed, she places him in his crib and tucks him in, and watches him drift to sleep.

She passes the bathroom and sees her husband brushing his teeth along with Jinho and Jiyool, singing along to the tooth-brush song. Yuri smiles to herself as she gets back to the living room and put the toys and throw pillows back on the couch.

A few minutes pass and the trio are finished with brushing their teeth.

Yuri pauses putting back toys in their treasure chest when she sees Yunho come out of the bathroom, carrying a kid on both sides. "Wonder Woman and Superman to the rescue!" Yunho announces in a deep voice as if he's a narrator, flying them to their shared bedroom. 

She sighs, shaking her head with a soft smile on her face and continues cleaning up.

Once she finishes, she goes to the kids' room and walks in on them, in the middle of a story.

They're both in their pajamas, on their beds and are focused on their appa telling the tale of Shrek as if it's not the 50th time he's reading it to them with Yunho's poor imitation of Shrek.

Yunho smiles up at Yuri when he notices her leaning against the door frame, watching.

Jiyool looks up and lightens up when she sees her mommy, making grabby hand motions and her mommy comes forth.

Yuri takes a seat beside her, leaning against her pillows and gasps when Yunho takes on the role of the dragon.

Their daughter gasps, "Shrek, hurry up and save princess Fiona!"

Yunho chuckles, turning the page to continue the story.

"Of course Shrek's gonna save princess Fiona, Yool, Shrek's got Donkey!" Jinho grins, "And he's a jackass!"

Yuri and Yunho gasp in unison.

"A jack--" Yuri presses a finger against Jiyool's lips, "No honey, that's a bad word."

Their daughter widens her eyes and purses her lips.

"Where did you learn that word from, Jung Jinho?" Yuri asks their eldest son sternly.

Jinho pouts softly, playing with his hands and looks at his appa then down at his lap, "Appa...said it," he says softly.

Yunho clears his throat, "Well-- when you're looking at the context, it isn't a bad--"

"No, Yunho-yah. It's a bad word," Yuri insists and turns to their son, "Jinho-yah, don't ever say that word again, okay?"

The five year old nods softly.

"And you too," Yuri eyes Yunho, who nods and pouts, leaning over to his son and kisses his head.

"Yes, umma," they say in harmony.

"Quickly finish the story," Yuri glances at the wall clock, "We have to wake up early tomorrow for uncle Junsu and auntie Taeyeon's baby shower."

Jinho tilts his head, "Won't they get hurt?" He frowns.

Yunho laughs softly, "No no, babies aren't going to come from the sky, Jinnie. It's a party for uncle and auntie's baby."

"Ohh..." Jinho nods.

"Where do babies come from then?" Jiyool quips, looking up at her parents.

"And it's time for bed~" Yunho shuts the book, earning whines from Jiyool and Jinho.

"Aish, you guys already know the ending." He says, ruffling Jinho's head and tucks him in, kisses his forehead while Yuri does the same to Jiyool; then they go to the other child's bed and kiss their forehead and bids goodnight too.

"Appa, can I bring bambi tomorrow?" Jiyool asks, hugging her favorite plushie in her arm.

Yunho smiles, nodding, "Sure, baby," he kisses her forehead.

"So auntie Taeng didn't swallow a balloon?" Jinho blinks, staring up at his mother as she brushes his bangs away from his face.

Yuri chuckles softly, "No, she's carrying a baby in her tummy. Like umma did with Jiyool and Yujoon."

"Oh," Jinho wrinkles his nose, "But that's what uncle Min said," his eyebrows crunch together.

"Aigoo, sometimes uncle Min likes tricking you, baby," Yuri kisses Jinho's cheek. "Now close your eyes and sleep so you won't be grumpy tomorrow," she pokes Jinho's tickle spot.

Jinho giggles softly, "Okay, okay!" He shuts his eyes then opens an eyelid, snickering. "Umma!" He whispers loudly, "Can we play with the baby?"

"Not yet, you have to wait a few more months, sweetie. Now, shhh," she pecks his forehead, "Your sister's already sleeping," she whispers, glancing at Jiyool whose sleeping peacefully; Yunho making sure she's tucked in properly.

"Okay, umma," he whispers in return. "Night night," he sits up and gives Yuri a kiss on the cheek.

She smiles, "Sweet dreams, Jinnie," Yuri kisses the tip of Jinho's nose then gets up, following Yunho who's walking towards the door.

Yunho yawns softly as he switches off the light, the night light automatically turns on.

Yuri grabs the doorknob and closes the door silently, her free arm wrapping around Yunho's waist. She leans against his back and sighs, "Ah, finally."

Yunho chuckles, holding both of Yuri's arms now wrapped around him and leads her to their bedroom. "Now time to tuck in the biggest baby," he squeezes Yuri's hands.

"Yah," Yuri mumbles, her eyelids slowly getting heavier. "You're the bigger baby," She pokes Yunho's stomach. Once they arrive in their bedroom, Yunho slightly turns and close the door behind them. He unwraps his wife's arms around him and wrap around them his neck while his arms snake around her waist.

She leans against him, inhaling his familiar scent mixed with baby lotion. A smile creeps on her face when Yunho initiates a slow dance and his hand going lower. "Mmm..." 

In a quick motion, Yunho spins her around and hugs her before they both fall onto their bed.

Yuri covers her laugh, not wanting to wake their kids, her other hand taps Yunho's cheek. "What are you doing?" She whispers, soon feeling Yunho's lips against hers.

Their kiss quickly grows passionate, languid and slow the next because it's somehow, making Yuri sleepy.

She sighs into it, her fingers massaging Yunho's scalp as they continue to kiss in the dark.

Yunho's hands caress the familiar curves of his wife's before pushing her higher onto the bed then breaks away from her lips and begins a trail of kisses down her neck.

"Mmm~ Yunho-yah," Yuri sighs, closing her eyes and bites her lower lip as she feels Yunho's lips on her skin. "Feels....really...." She sighs, "Good..." she drifts off, fingers stop to a fault, and begins snoring softly.

Yunho blinks and looks up at her, witnessing her tongue slowly sticking out as she sleeps. He sighs, smiling and shakes his head, "Aish..." he watches her sleep. He chuckles and kisses her chin before he gets off of her to get her under their fluffy covers for a proper night's sleep. 

She sighs, turning on her side and murmur something about Jinho eating his vegetables.

Yunho chuckles as he gets in beside her, spooning his wife and wraps an arm round her.

Yuri unconsciously presses her back against his warmth and smiles, while her husband sighs and closes his eyes, figuring he'd just get his fix in the morning because Yuri likes it better in the morning anyway; he drifts into slumber with a smile as well.

-----
AN:
:D YunRi family cute, no? They're one of the couples I had in mind for the preggers fic I'm thinking about~ 8D and this was a test run ^^ How do you like it?