Prolouge

Transmigrated Cannon Fodder Wants to Quietly Withdraw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

《Fighting My Destiny》 is a danmei novel that serves as a holy grail for the starved fujodanshi community of China. To be more specific, 《Fighting My Destiny》 is a Danmei cultivation novel with a ridiculous heaven-defying golden finger and a powerful white lotus halo and a harem full of peerlessly handsome male leads of different flavours. 

The main character of this novel, Lu Han, is a shou. He was abandoned, wrapped in a soft cloth and put in a hand woven basket,  by the unnamed flowing river not long after his birth. An elder from a religious sect found him and took him in. The cloth that was wrapped around the protagonist’s body has the characters ‘deer’ and ‘dawn’ intricately embroidered by the hem of it, hence his given name. 

In the later chapters, it was revealed that Lu Han is the Fourth Prince of the Royal Lu bloodline. 

Lu Han grew up innocent and sheltered under the Elder’s tutelage. Unfortunately, he was afflicted by a mysterious incurable disease when he was no more than a year old. The Head Healer of their sect estimated that he won’t live past the age of 20. Determined to change his fate, Lu Han ventured out of the sect's safety abode and went on a journey to find the cure. He walked the path of the proud heavenly dragon like most of the Wuxia and Xianxia protagonists. 

While traveling, he garnered a lot of attention and obliviously turned every man he met head over heels for his peerless beauty. He was a painfully naive MC that couldn't see through his potential love interest's romantic advances for him, perceiving them as a completely friendly and platonic gesture.

The novel had a lot of cliché tropes and Lu Han was heavily templated from shoujo genre’s holier-than-thou-Mary Sue protagonists, but it still managed to not only land in the webnovel site’s Danmei category's Top 10 but also the Xianxia category's. It even garnered a few audiences from around the globe.

Huang Zitao was floating in the middle of what seems like a void that spans infinitely. Strange, he’s extremely nyctophobic, he should be hyperventilating or having a serious case of a panic attack by now. He felt oddly calm, the sensation of levitating felt natural and familiar.

Is this supposed to be the afterlife? Am I in Diyu?

Huang Zitao knew he died. He can still fill the phantom pain of broken bones and punctured organs.

May that ty reckless truck driver reincarnate as hungry ghost! He cursed resentfully. It was unfair! He died at the tender age of 18! He has yet to graduate highschool! He can’t believe it! Of all vehicles! A truck! A famous Isekai transporter!

“Might as well get reincarnated as a cute harem lord,” he jokingly thought.

A ‘ding’ similar to his phone’s notification pop up ringtone sounded by his ear followed by the sudden appearance of a bluish green holographic screen as if it is coming from the endless darkness’ every direction. 

[Greetings, host! System 0068 of the Rebirth Agency at your service!]

What. Huang Zitao looked around—seeing nothing but endless darkness. The mechanical voice akin to Google Translate’s came off from the void’s every direction. 

[System 0068 hopes to provide our dearly beloved customer the best experience! According to your browsing history, you last read 《Fighting My Destiny》. System 0068 will now transfer your soul to a randomly selected 《Fighting My Destiny》’s character. We hope you enjoy it!]

Huang Zitao abruptly woke up. He felt nauseous, carsickness type of nauseous. His eyes blurry from the pain of his throbbing headache. He's laying on something soft, Huang Zitao suspects it's a bed.

He felt alive. Did he survive the vehicular accident? Is he in a hospital? Hope ignited in Huang Zitao’s heart.

When his eyes became focused and clear again he was met with a wooden ceiling. Huang Zitao is confused. Aren't hospital ceilings supposed to be sterile white?

Looking down, he wore a seemingly traditional white sleeping robe. Was it just him or his body became extremely smaller? As if his body shrunk down into the size of a child's! Looking to his right, there was a beautiful petite man clad in traditional pristine white robes with aquamarine highlights, staring intently at him with a concerned frown marred his flawless face.

Huang Zitao sat up and looked around, the room he's currently in is similar to the action-filled historical dramas he watched.

. Did I just transmigrate?

"Tao'er is finally awake. Is there any discomfort?", the man addressed him too familiarly.

Huang Zitao only shook his head, too overwhelmed to form a coherent word. 

Having watched too many donghuas and dramas, Huang Zitao has long resolved that if he ever transmigrated he won't say something stupid along the line of "Are you filming? The crews did a good job!" and giggle like an idiot to make a fool of himself.

At that very moment, something dinged and a holographic screen suddenly appeared before his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter