All I Think About Is You

All I Think About Is You

The clock just struck 12 on a Wednesday afternoon. For me, that not only means lunchtime but it also means that I get to spend some time with my fellow co-worker and friend, Minseok. I am the main secretary that works for the boss and CEO who runs this company and also handles other kinds of calls, too. Who happens to also be the father of Minseok, too. Since I have started working at this job, for the most part, I sometimes tend to get bored to death easily. Having to take phone calls and get berated by rich  and rude clients from time to time.

 

Not going to lie, it can really take a toll on someone’s physical and mental health. But thanks to Minseok, I have been able to get through the day without too much of an issue. Minseok has also been very kind and sweet to her since she started working for his father. The two of us have grown close to one another but for myself, the way I feel about Minseok is truly much more than just friendship. The thing is..I am madly in love with Mr. Kim. And I can not help the way I feel about him either. 

 

I am head over heels for this man. Everything about him is what I love about Minseok, inside and out. Plus, it is not like there is a rule about co-workers dating each other in the workplace. Yet..I also think that Minseok may not feel that same about me. She has been keeping her feelings hidden for quite some time. Even if Minseok does not feel the same way about me, I am also quite happy just being friends with him. At the moment, I was in the break room, sitting down to have lunch. 

 

Minseok was also there, fixing his lunch at a counter before he sat down at the table with me. Both of us were very happy to see each other. Especially after what happened earlier with one of the clients I was in an argument with while they were waiting for an appointment with Minseok’s father. After all of that, I truly needed the break right now. Luckily, Minseok was able to help diffuse the situation before it could have become worse. When Minseok sat at the table right next to me, he turned his head to look at me.

 

“How are you holding up?” He suddenly asked me, wondering who I was feeling. I let out a sigh.

 

“I am doing..okay. I feel that woman just wanted to start with me for no reason and I really was not about to let her verbally run over me like that. I was not trying to get loud but she was testing my patience. And I was only doing my job. I feel like an , though, this is the first time that this has happened since I started working here..” I replied and explained to him. Minseok understood. 

 

“I do not think that you were being awful to you. Actually, I feel like she was the one who was being that way to you.” Minseok told me. He knew that I am not a loud person unless provoked to the point where something has to be done. And it would have turned into one of those times if he did not step in and help stop it. Which, I was really thankful for. 

 

Minseok is such a sweetheart and I would never ever take him for granted. Honestly, I would do anything for him. 

 

“Thanks for having my back, by the way. I am also sorry for getting you involved in the situation, too. I hope your Dad won’t fire me.” I also said to him, Minseok gave me a smile.

 

“You are very welcome. As far as my father goes, I would not worry about that. After I explained it to him when the woman left, he understood what happened and does not think it is your fault. We all have our moments. You were overwhelmed and she was belittling you for petty reasons. I would not take what she said to you to heart. You are one of the smartest and kindest people that I have ever known, Camella!” Minseok told and complimented me.

 

“Really?” I asked. Minseok nodded. I smiled back at him.

 

“Thank you.” I said.

 

“You are welcome. And if you need help with anything, you know you can always come to me.” Minseok offered. I gave a nod this time.

 

“I appreciate that a lot. And you. So much.” I said back. Minseok lightly blush on his cheeks.

 

“I..I appreciate you so much, too. You have been so sweet and kind to me. And you are the only one that will talk to me here as well.” Minseok told me. I blushed as well. I also felt bad for him.

 

“Nobody else here talks to you?” I asked him. Minseok looked down at the table.

 

“Everybody seems to be afraid of me. Or just do not like me for whatever reason but never took the time to actually get to know me as a person. Sometimes, I wonder why I belong here in the first place. I know I am a bit of a dork but I am not sure if that is the exact reason why others want to avoid me. Nor will I ever figure it out.” Minseok answered. Another reason why I do not like working here. It is like being in high school again. But unlike my actual high school years, I have had Minseok and that has made it so much better than all my school years combined. 

 

It was a wonderful feeling but deep down…I hope that I can make Minseok happy, too. And no matter why people ignore him, they should treat him better as a human being.

 

“Minseok, I am so sorry that people treat you like that but if it makes you feel better, I am always here for you and you can talk to me about anything that is on your mind.” I told him, hoping that will help him feel better. Though, I meant what I just said. I will always be here for him. Like he has been for me. He looked up at me and smiled again. 

 

“You are truly such an amazing woman.” Minseok complimented me again. 

 

“And so are you, Minseok.” I said back to him. Minseok looked down again with a gummy smile on his face while giving a sweet and happy chuckle. I could not help but chuckle to myself, too. 

 

He is just so adorable that I can not put it into words.” I thought. I did not care if he was the son of a billionaire and/or a billionaire himself, I just love this dorky sweetheart for who he is as a person. Plus, I never met anyone like Minseok before. He is very different and unique from everyone that I have ever met in my life. I not only love him but I ADORE this man, too. All of a sudden, my feelings felt like they were about to overflow. I needed to do something quickly.

 

“Hey, Minseok?” I suddenly asked.

 

“Yes?” He asked back. I gulped before speaking to him again.

 

“Are..are you with anyone?” I asked a different question, feeling a little shy and flustered.

 

“Are you asking if I am romantically involved with anyone?” Minseok wanted to make sure. I nodded. Minseok then shook his head.

 

“I am not in a relationship of any kind.” Minseok replied. Not going to lie, I felt very glad to hear that.

 

“Maybe just maybe .. I have a chance but if he really does not feel the same way about it, I hope that we can still be friends.” I thought to myself again. I took another couple of seconds before speaking to him once again.

 

“Are you looking for a relationship?” I asked yet another and different question again.

 

“Kind of. I am not going to lie, there is this woman I like but I do not think she will feel the same way about me.” Minseok answered. This made me wonder who it could be but yet, I did not want to know.

 

“Are you single?” Minseok asked me another question, too. 

 

“I am very single. I have not been out on a date since high school.” I replied. 

 

“Is there a reason?” Minseok asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Just really have not felt like going out with anyone but that could change.” I explained to him. Before Minseok could say another word, I quickly moved my head towards him and gave him a kiss on the lips. Taking Minseok by surprise. Yet, he did not push me away. I didn't even take time to think before doing this nor checked to see if there was anyone else around.

 

When I finally pulled away, Minseok just sat there in the chair, eyes widened and feeling completely shocked by what just happened. Realizing what I have just done, I felt so embarrassed and regretful. 

 

“Ca-Camella?” Minseok suddenly spoke. Without saying another word, I just quickly got up from the chair and dashed out of the break room, leaving both Minseok and what I had left of my lunch behind. But yet, I was not going to be needing the rest of it since my appetite is no longer there.

 

WHY AM I SO FREAKING STUPID?! I didn't even ask him first before I did thatI just screwed up my chances of being with him!” I thought while panicking. For the rest of the afternoon, I felt like I could not look at Minseok or think about him without thinking about the kiss. It was making me such a huge mess.

 

##### 

 

Later that day as I packed at my desk to leave for the day, I noticed someone standing to the side of me. I turned to see that it was Minseok. He had a neutral look on his face.

 

“Can I speak with you in private? If you have time.” Minseok asked me. Even with still feeling a bit awkward about what happened, I was not going to say no to speaking with him. It may be my only chance to explain why I did what I did.

 

"O-Of course. I have time.” I replied. I then followed Minseok to the conference rooms and went inside one of them. When Minseok shut the door behind him, he looked at me while I was looking at the ground. With a few hours passed by after lunch, I still could not look him in the eye. Or at any part of him at all.

 

“I am so sorry for what happened at lunch today. I was not thinking and I have not done that.” I told him. Minseok still kept his eyes on me.

 

“Was it because you wanted to do it or because of adrenaline?” Minseok asked, feeling curious. I was not sure how to truly answer that as I looked up at him.

 

“A..a bit of both, to be honest.” I replied. Now I felt like I could not keep it to myself anymore. I have to tell him how I truly feel about him.

 

“Minseok, I did not exactly kiss you just because I felt adrenaline or just because I wanted to. It was because I have had romantic feelings for you for quite some time. I have been letting it fester for so long that it just sort of happened . I am so sorry if I made you uncomfortable and embarrassed and I regret it so much because I also do respect you, too! But if you do not feel the same way, I will truly understand and I will not pursue anything. I also value our friendship, too. I..I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore.” I explained further to him. 

 

My head gently lifted up as I felt two fingers underneath my chin. My eyes met with Minseok’s. The look on his face was still neutral. I could not help but blush.

 

Is he mad at meIs he upsetI can not tell but I am worried.” I thought. Yet, I was not sure.

 

“Are you mad at me, Minseok?” I asked him, not being able to hold our curiosity back. Before I could say a word to him, Minseok pressed his lips against mine! This time, I was the one who was quite shocked by a simple kiss. I truly did not expect him to kiss me like I did with him. When he pulled away, our eyes met again. This time, Minseok had a smile on his face. I could only blush even more than I already was. 

 

“Does that answer your question?” Minseok simply asked. I nodded.

 

“Y-yes.” I replied. I felt all sorts of things and way right at this moment. Still shocked but now, I felt happy, too. Minseok suddenly caressed one of my cheeks with his hand.

 

“I have been feeling the same way about you for some time, too. I know this may sound weird but all I think about is you. I love talking to and being with you, Camilla. I am not mad that you kissed me. Quite the opposite actually. I am very happy. I am just surprised that you feel the feelings for one another are mutual. Nor I thought that you would feel that way about me.” Minseok explained. 

 

I was finally able to smile back at him. The nervousness and embarrassment that I have been feeling since all day have finally melted away. 

 

“Not going to lie..I also thought that you would not feel the same about me, too. But I am glad to know that is not the case.” I told him.

 

“Me too.” Minseok said. He suddenly had a thought.

 

“I know this may sound like it is too soon but would you like to go out on a date with me Friday or Saturday night?” Minseok suddenly suggested his idea to me. Personally, I did not think it was too soon, In fact, I think it was the right time. 

 

“I would love to. How about Saturday? We will be able to spend more time together that way and not have to rush our date.” I replied and suggested. Minseok liked the sound of that and gave me a gummy smile. And I am never going to get tired of seeing it. 

 

“Saturday sounds perfect for me.” Minseok answered my suggestion. I smiled back at him again.

 

“Same here.” I said back. We already had each other’s information so all we needed to do was come up with a plan for the date. No matter what we come up with for it, I know that I was truly going to enjoy it with him. After a few more minutes, both of us left the conference room and Minseok walked me back to my desk. We both ended up leaving the building together. After we said our goodbyes, Minseok and I headed our separate ways to our homes. 

 

Today went from absolutely horrible and mentally exhausting to one of the best days of my life. And I can not wait for my date with Minseok. ..If only Saturday could come sooner.  

 

The End