deal

Maintaining Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Sora.

 

Sora peeked through a small gap between the door, seeing her brother lying in bed peacefully with a towel on his forehead. A sigh escaped her lips as she gently closed the door to the guest bedroom so not a sound would be heard. The worried look painted on her face softened slightly when she saw how peaceful her younger sibling looked as he slept and with that comfort relieving some of the burden on her shoulders, she walked to the kitchen where she found Baekhyun looking at her impatiently. Once again, she felt her shoulders weigh down as she tried to recall what got her into this mess.
 

The sounds of things falling and a door slamming shut woke Sora up. She sat up quickly in her bed, confused and tired as she read the time on the clock - it was 2AM. Her eyes darted around the living room in hopes of finding the source of the sound. And then her eyes focused on her brother's empty bed across the room. Almost immediately, she left her spot on the bed to look for her brother and ask what the loud sounds were. Both of them shared a one bedroom apartment, with the both of them sharing the one bedroom together. It wasn't a big or fancy place and she knew that her brother was reaching the age where he would get his own room and privacy, but this was all they could get for now, and she hoped to be able to provide that for him when the time came. 

Right when she left the room, she saw a bright light in the bathroom that made her groan. Then she heard the sounds of her brother gagging. He was on the floor throwing up. Instantly, she ran to his side and rubbed his back. They sat like that for several minutes before he stopped and she felt his forehead. It was burning hot. 

The next morning, she called off of work and called him out of school so they could go to the clinic. The doctor reassured her that it was a bug going around and with antibiotics and rest, he would be fine.

"Sora? Can we stop by the cafe you used to work at? I want to get the cookie that Mr. Han bakes." That was the million dollar question. She agreed, unable to decline the tempting offer of coffee and the look on her brother's face. Never would she have imagined that she would see the guy who's career she just ended. She wouldn't have imagined seeing him and her brother passing out on the streets or Baekhyun offering to let them stay at his house so Sowoo could rest. 

 

And here she was. Staring Byun Baekhyun straight in the eyes. Fate had a funny way of entagling people together. Karma had a funny way of catching up to people. Who would have ever guessed that her life would lead to this?

"Take a seat." He pointed at the chair right across from him. 

"What do you want?"

"Clear up your plagiarism accusation." There was a pregnant silence in between the two of them. Sora bore her eyes into the male in front of her, she could see the desperation to clear his name. It was as if he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter