Part 1 : Study Dates?

Want My Stepbrother? Try & Take Him From Me. [Four-Shot]

There I was, staring at my video game, completely absorbed into it. Gosh, these people aren't dying, no matter what I do. Let's face it, I at Call of Duty...

 

There was a giggle. That stupid flirty giggle again, always interrupting my peace. I paused my game to glance over at the glass dining table to see my handsome almost-stepbrother, Minho, and his apparently 'gorgeous' project partner Eunseo. They were a little too close, knees practically touching each other, brushing against each other now and then, faces a couple inches apart as they read from the same book.

 

Eunseo, you knew that you were gonna work on a project. So how come it didn't once click into your mind that YOU NEEDED YOUR TEXTBOOK?

 

I huffed in anger. Jealousy is a cruel little man that likes to mess with my mind, blinding me from my actions. She giggled again, both looking into each others eyes.

 

They were just studying together, working on a project. Don't you dare call it a study date or I will personally come out of this computer screen and hurt you.

 

It's just for school. Just for school. I repeated this to myself, taking in long, deep, calming breaths.

 

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Um, Stephanie didn't you just say Minho was your almost-stepbrother.

 

Why yes, yes I did. My mom and his dad fell crazy in love about a year ago, but had to postpone the wedding due to financial issues. However, they quickly wanted to create a family, so here I am, living under the same roof as my handsome soon-to-be stepbrother.

 

Some times we can't control who we fall in love with; it just happens. Maybe it's fate? Maybe it's coincidence? Or maybe there are just some crazy invisible gods who like to toy with the human's lifestyle, creating a complicated plot for the characters just for pure hilarious entertainment since up in the those clouds where they watch us, they have nothing fun to do. Which ever theory is correct, I know one thing will always stay constant. Without realizing it, I fell deeply head-over-heels in love with my stepbrother Minho.

 

“Minho, oppa~” I pouted, looking at him with puppy dog eyes. Yes, I am younger than him. Only by a year, but that still makes him an oppa. “Play with me,” I stuck out the game controller teasingly.

 

Minho just chuckled, still keeping all of his attention on goddess Eunseo, “Later, Steph. I'm busy,”

 

“But Oppa~” I begged with an ayego.

 

“Steph,” Minho warned.

 

“Pleaseee~”

 

“Sorry, Steph, school comes first,” Minho went back to 'reading' the book.

 

School comes first my . You mean Eunseo comes first right?

 

I watched as a smile crept on Eunseo's face, a sign of pure bliss. She probably understood that Minho turned me down just to be with her. It was quite obvious to me, that yes, that was clearly the reason.

 

Ticked beyond compare, I just unpaused my game and started shooting at anything somewhat living, pretending that they all had the face of Eunseo.

 

“Oppa~ You're really missing out,” I stated, trying to convince him to play. I knew that Minho couldn't turn down a challenge for his life. He adored the fact of successfully beating someone, no scratch that, dominating anyone at anything. “I bet you'd lose~” Minho ignored me by drinking his glass of water. Parched at the thought of playing these challenging video games, I sipped on my lemonade.

 

Eunseo laughed, “Aw, Minho she's adorable. Is she your girlfriend?”

 

Minho choked on his water. I spat out my lemonade. How would he respond?

 

Minho gagged and coughed, “No, no, definitely not. She's just my stepsister,”

 

'Definitely not'. 'Just my stepsister'. Those hurtful words echoed in my head.

 

“Wait, so you don't have a girlfriend?” Eunseo moved closer.

 

Minho just laughed, “Aniyo,”

 

“Really?” Eunseo acted shocked. Wow, she's a good actress. Good thing I can tell the difference between the truth and lying, “I just thought that someone as handsome as you would have a girl,” She slyly smiled.

 

“No, I'm really not that handsome,” Minho modestly replied, “But I'm hoping to have a girlfriend soon,” He smirked. Was he implying something? God Minho! What was that stupid smirk you have plastered on your face suppose to mean?!?

 

Later

 

“But I'm hoping to have a girlfriend soon,” I mocked as Minho shut the front door, watching Eunseo leave.

 

“YAH! Stop ease-dropping on personal conversations,” Minho scolded while plopping onto the opposite end of the couch.

 

I put my feet up, knees against my chest, and leaned against the cushioned armrest, “Ease-dropping?! I was practically a foot away. If you wanted privacy you should have studied in your room!”

 

Minho looked away with an icy, cold stare, “You know if I did that my dad would suspect something. Plus, I don't want him lecturing me about being safe and using condoms and all,”

 

“Whatever, you know you wanted to be in a room alone with her,” I huffed.

 

“What's with the bitter attitude?” Minho questioned.

 

“Oh, nothing, nothing at all. Because I'm JUST you're stepsister,” I hissed.

 

“Yeah AND?” He stressed, confused and obviously one of the densest guys I've ever met.

 

I can't tell him... I just can't... It's too early... It'll ruin everything..

 

“Because you lied to her Minho. We're NOT step siblings,” I falsely explained.

 

“Yet,” He confirmed.

 

“Okay, yeah, yet. But still I don't understand why you had to go and lie!” I bitterly stated. The anger behind my words originated from the fact that he still called me JUST his stepsister. Didn't he feel the same way? I mean he always seemed to flirt back.

 

“I lied because it's weird!” Minho yelled.

 

“Weird? What's weird?” I asked, slightly offended.

 

“Isn't it weird to you that we're two people who aren't even related, or step siblings, and yet we live under the same roof. People in our high school will suspect things,” Minho loudly remarked.

 

“That's what you're worried about? Your reputation?!” I furiously stood up, “You're being really selfish Minho!”

 

He stood up, offended by my accusation, “Selfish?! I'm being selfish? What would happen if this went around the school. You probably wouldn't be able to sustain the pain or hurt you'd receive from the cruel, harsh comments of every one,”

 

“Minho, you can't speak for me because I know my own weaknesses and strengths! I think I'd be fine if something like this went around! It's you who'd be the coward, cowering in the corner as people spit vicious words at you!”

 

“Why are you even yelling at me about all this?! I'm just trying to protect you from what people would say?! Wouldn't you hate it if people were spreading lies about you?! Lies unfolding all across the school like a wild fire!” Minho screamed at me, his scowling face only two inches away.

 

“What if it wasn't a lie?!” I loudly yelled, “What if I said I loved you,”

 

“Wait, what?” Minho took a step back.

 

Tears started forming, my vision blurred by my watery eyes. I covered my mouth. I couldn't believe what I just said.

 

I managed to choke out the words, which came out in a quiet whisper, “Minho, I love you,”

 

With that he quietly left, head hung low, avoiding my glance. He went into his room, shut it, and locked it. He left me there, alone. I collapsed to the ground, sobbing. What did I just do? Why did I confess? It wasn't the right time? Love is all about timing, if you say it too early, you'll just scare him away.

 


HAHA.

You like so far?

If so go up to that lovely arrow (upvote) and click it!

You know you want to :3