1/1

Taking chances.

What Wooyoung got from Tiffany first was her soothing and sweet voice when he picked up her call on Taecyeon’s mobile. Being his sneaky self, he planned to pull a prank on his friend. It seemed like his plan became an epic fail when he got starstruck hearing her voice. Just at a simple ‘hello’, Wooyoung discovered that the butterflies in his stomach could really, give him a nervous breakdown. Hanging up quickly, he ran off to this bedroom to calm himself.




That day made Wooyoung, a fan of Tiffany from Girls Generation. Being a member of the popular South Korean girl group and Taecyeon’s best friend, she was definitely popular among them. He just can't wait to debut and officially meet Tiffany. 



What Wooyoung got from Tiffany next was the definition of speechless. Having to endorse the same uniform brand, both of their groups had to work together to film a commercial together. (Wooyoung woke up super extra early just to look his best.) He thought the uniform was shabby but when he saw Tiffany in a pink set of this ‘shabby’ uniform, he took it back.



They greeted each other every time they met at music shows and festivals and the butterflies in Wooyoung’s stomach were still there. Thank god he learnt how to manage himself better now.



Then came the recording of Idol Army together. Girls Generation was the special guest for one of their episodes. When they received the news the day before, he swore he has never seen his friends so excited before. Yes, to the extend that one wonders the existence of Junho’s eyes. He pondered about it for a long time before sleeping. He heard a lot of stories about Tiffany from Taecyeon and Jay. He felt a pang of jealousy as he wondered if Jay was going to pick Tiffany. No can do, mister.



At this point of time, right now at this moment, it was the best day of his entire life.



Both of their groups definitely became close after that. They became comfortable with each other to the point that they went out, effectively hiding from the press. Having secret outings and codenames with each other, Wooyoung was content with their friendship. It was just right, right? He didn’t want to end up like Nichkhun. He didn’t want to have to sacrifice his feelings just because of his image as an idol member. And as Tiffany forced him on a pinky swear, Wooyoung didn’t tell his friend that Yoona had loved him back



By the end of the year, both of their groups were set up to perform a joint stage.



Wooyoung knew that even when Tiffany insisted that she was fine after reading the hate comments about their performance, she was vulnerable inside. She refused any help from anybody and for once, Wooyoung felt his heart break. He wanted to help, but he didn’t know how to. He wanted to stand up for her. He posted comments anonymously on gossip sites and fan cafes. She was still quiet and in fact, became more reserved. The fake smiles and laughter became forced. 



Jay left. And Wooyoung realised that he has his own problems now. He too, became depressed and lost. And both of them just got lost admist it all. 



They still meet to film commercials for Caribbean Bay and shows like Win Win. He became unknowingly close to Taeyeon as they met on a daily basis to film their show together. Taeyeon reads him like a book and knows his secret feelings. 



(He was secretly green with envy when he watched Family Outing 2 with s.) 



Both of their groups were definitely reaching the peak of their careers. They were too busy to handle minor problems such as their health. Wooyoung sent a ‘Get Well Soon!’ card to Tiffany when she injured her ankle. That was it.



Girls Generation was preparing for their Japan debut and SM Town while 2PM was preparing for their first concert. They were having different schedules and began meeting each other lesser. Maybe it’s true about what people always say – the heart grows fonder when the loved one is far. Wooyoung got tired of doubting his own feelings. 



He met her before he leaves to US. He poured out his heart to her. He didn’t want it to be a text, a call or an email. He wanted her to feel his sincerity. He didn’t want answers right away. He gave her time and space to think about it. He kissed her forehead and said that the day they meet again, then that’ll be the day she gave him the answer. 



He swore he saw fireworks when she kissed him on the day of 2PM’s first concert.