Sharing a room

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

"Seriously, Mihye?" L.Joe blinked. "We have cooks you know..." he muttered.

Mihye waved his concerns away like they were nothing as she hauled a whole luggage of delicacies she had prepared. "Awww I'm sure Omonim and Abeonim haven't tried such my dishes before, they're different from the normal ones!" she grinned proudly.

L.Joe sighed and took the bag from her like the gentleman he was. "I know. I've eaten your cooking before remember?" he reminded.

"It's good right?" Mihye grinned, wriggling her eyebrows.

L.Joe chuckled. "Yes yes yes it's much better than what the cooks prepare." he admitted. He frowned at the large bag. "But isn't this too tiring to make? How long did you spend making it anyway?"

"It's just a few hours and a few days of preparation in advance Byunghun oppa, nothing much." she rolled her eyes. L.Joe gulped, blinking at her lack of complaints. "I want Abeoji and Omonim to try my dishes too!"

L.Joe pulled the luggage of side dishes that Mihye made, dragging it with him to the side of the hall, depositing it and shaking his head. *What's she so excited about meeting my parents for?* he rolled his eyes, chuckling.

The two of them waited, sitting at the couch, for their first dinner together with L.Joe's parents. Mihye looked rather excited but nervous at the same time as she played around with her fingers and fumbled with the hem of her dress. L.Joe noticed and frowned. "You're nervous?"

Mihye blinked. "E-eh? N-no.." her voice shook.

L.Joe raised his brows. "What are you nervous for?" he asked, amused. "It's not like your the girlfriend that's going to meet her boyfriend's parents for the first time. You're already married to me, it's not like you need to gain their approval or anything like that."

Mihye pouted. "But.." she grumbled. "But maybe they're not like me even after we're married!" her eyes widened with fear. "What if-"

"Aish." L.Joe took her hand. He squeezed her hand gently. "Don't bother about those things now. Now what is important is that we show them that we're a happy couple so that they won't suspect anything. Arraso?"

Mihye nodded, her lips nervously. The doorbell rang at that instant and Mihye stiffened, her eyes widening. L.Joe squeezed her hand again. "Relax." he whispered. He opened the doors and revealed both Mr and Mrs Lee smiling widely at them. "Byunghun ah! Mihye ah!" Mrs Lee beamed and immediately hugged the both of them.

"Umma." L.Joe hugged back, he nodded at his father respectfully. "Appa." Mr Lee smiled at his son. "Nice to see you again, Byunghun."

"Come in." Mihye smiled naturally. She was a natural hostress and could handle any guest. "I hope you like tonight's dinner, Abeoji, Omonim."

The parents followed Mihye and L.Joe in. Mrs Lee noticed L.Joe holding onto Mihye's hand and she giggled, nudging her husband. "Yeobo yeobo!" she whispered excitedly.

L.Joe and Mihye heard his mother's excited reaction and they looked at each other, giggling. "Asa!" Mihye cheered.

The maids and cooks laid the whole dinner table with dishes and delicacies, and Kevin came to explain how to eat each dish. There after, they left and the four began their nerve wracking dinner experience.

Noting that his mother wanted to ask about the progress of their marriage very desperately, L.Joe hurriedly made it a point to put some meat on Mihye's plate. "Eat more, Mihye. You're so skinny!" he half-chided, though meaning what he said. She was indeed too skinny.

Mrs Lee's eyes lit up excitedly. Even Mr Lee looked pleased as they conitnued eating. "How's the company these days, Byunghun?" Mr Lee and L.Joe began indulging in a private conversation involving business that neither Mrs Lee nor Mihye could be involved in.

Hence the two women began talking. "How's Byunghun treating you, Mihye?" Mrs Lee asked.

Mihye smiled softly. "He's really nice to me." she confessed. *But I still can't help for that divorce.* But Mrs Lee didn't know what she was thinking and she smiled really warmly. "Oh really. That's great. This Byunghun," she shook her head. "I don't know where to start about him. He's never gotten a girlfriend all his life! I'm glad he even knows how to be nice to you."

Mihye giggled and shrugged. She still found it rather amusing that her husband hasn't had a girlfriend before.

She continued eating when she noticed Mrs Lee sneaking peeks at her. She cocked her head to the side. "Omonim? Is somehting wrong?"

Mrs Lee shook her head. "Nonono just continue eating!" she assured.

Mihye nodded and continued with her meal for a while, until she noticed Mrs Lee peeking at her again. "Omonim? Are you sure nothing's wrong? Do you have something that you want to ask?"

Mrs Lee bit her lip. "Since you're so straightforward, I shall be too, Mihye." she leaned forwards curiously. "How many times do you and Byunghun do it in a week?"

Mihye blinked. "Eh?"

Mrs Lee rolled her eyes and fanned herself. "Ayyyee. No need to be shy Mihye!" she giggled. "I'm asking how many times you and Byunghun you know..." she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Mihye shook her head. "I'm afraid I really don't know, Omonim." she scratched her head confusedly.

L.Joe looked up from his plate, finally tearing himself from the conversation with his father. "Is something wrong?" he asked Mihye, concerned. Mihye nodded timidly, looking a little guilty. "I'm afraid I don't know what Omonim is talking about." she whispered. "I need help."

He turned his attention to his mother."What were you and Mihye talking about, Umma?" Mrs Lee laughed. "Aigoo Byunghun ah, your wife is so innocent and shy!" she giggled. "I merely asked how many times you and her have in a week and she-"

"EHHH??" Mihye's eyes widened and she spat out the water she was drinking on the floor. She coughed hard and took several deep breaths, L.Joe patting her back. L.Joe shook his head at his mother. It was the second time this topic came up but why did she have to phrase it so crudely this time? Mihye already had a shock when she merely asked about babies the last time.

"Umma!" L.Joe frowned, giving Mihye his fruit juice to drink.

Mrs Lee pouted. "I just want to know when I can get to meet my grandchildren, Byunghun!" she grumbled. "You're making me wait so long!"

Mr Lee frowned at L.Joe. "Your mom may be a little crude, but she's true. I want a grandson too, son. When can you accomplish that?"

Mihye and L.Joe looked at each other awkwardly. "Errrr...we'll try, Appa." L.Joe muttered, his cheeks reddening. Mihye fanned herself again and focused hard on eating instead. "You better." Mr Lee shot L.Joe a disapproving look.

L.Joe gulped. "N-neh."

All of a sudden, Mrs Lee made a comment that made both Mihye and L.Joe startled all of a sudden.

"Byunghun ah. I want to see your room." Mrs Lee suddenly blurted. "I want to see the place where our grandchildren are being made! I haven't even seen the whole of your house the last time I came here! Kevin prevented me from going up, that naughty boy."

L.Joe's eyes widened. "Uhh there's nothing up there worth to see, Umma."  he convinced.

"Nonsense!" Mrs Lee got up from her seat and began climbing the stairs. "I just want to see your home, Byunghun what's the big deal."

Mihye gasped as Mr Lee also began following up the stairs. "Abeoji?"

"I'm interested in seeing the rest of the house too, Mihye. I wonder how L.Joe chose to furnish your rooms." he smiled.

"I'm serious umma there's nothing nice to see up there!" L.Joe was almost shrieking by then, using his body to block his mother's way. Mrs Lee just pushed past him and arrived at the second floor. "Don't be whiny Byunghun. Now where's your room?"

She entered the nearest room, which was L.Joe's and barged in without a thought. Mr Lee followed close behind and both of them looked at the room, blinking.

"Son, why...is it furnished blue and grey?" Mr Lee frowned. "Don't tell me you didn't include Mihye when you were furnishing the room?"

Mihye immediately stood forward. "I like blue and grey too Abeonim!" she hurriedly added.

But Mrs Lee wasn't buying that . She immediately darted to the toilet attached and frowned. "There's only one toothbrush." she growled. She stomped to the wardrobe and flung it open. She grabbed a fistful of shirts and threw it on the floor. "And only men's shirt."

Mr Lee's face turned black as he turned to face his son and daughter-in-law. "What is the meaning of this, Byunghun?" Mrs Lee returned from her trip from the next room and crossed her arms. "And the other room only has girl dresses."

She shot a look at Mihye and L.Joe. "You two are staying in different rooms all these while?" she demanded.

L.Joe and Mihye looked at each other, devastated. "Appa, Umma I can explain."

"No explaining, what we see is the truth. Thank goodness your mother wanted to come see your room or we wouldn't have known you were cheating us!" Mr Lee fumed. "I demand both of you to start sharing a room, from NOW!"

L.Joe and Mihye flinched. Mrs Lee wagged her finger at them. "I'm going to make sure you two make a baby for me tonight!"