Feels Like Home

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It's been a long time since Yujin  took a long trip like this, the last time was when she was in high school, when she and her classmates went on a study tour to Jeonju by bus, it's been a long time.

Yujin, who was sitting in the back seat, leaned her head against the car window. She was tired of seeing the scenery outside the window, no matter how beautiful the view was if what she saw was the same thing, it would still be boring, she thought.

Her gaze then shifted to the front seat, Xiaoting who volunteered to be a driver that day seemed to focus on driving, next to her was Mashiro, the owner of the car who seemed to have fallen asleep. Behind them were 2 friends Dayeon and Chaehyun who were fast asleep, Dayeon rested her head on Chaehyun's shoulder and Chaehyun rested her head on Dayeon's head.

Yujin smiled at the sight in front of her. Xiaoting and her friends were like family to her, those girls were never absent to include her in whatever activities they were doing, such as the trip to Busan they were currently doing. This started from the idea of Dayeon wanting to celebrate their graduation, they chose Busan because of Dayeon's promise that she would pay for their vacation in Busan if she was accepted at Yonsei University, of course the idea was welcomed by her friends who also missed playing on the beach .

"Eonnie, you're not sleeping?" Xiaoting asked in a low voice not wanting to wake up the rest of her friends.

"I am not sleepy." Yujin replied. “Xiaoting, are you tired? Do you want me to drive?” Now it was Yujin's turn to ask.

"It's Ok, Eonnie, soon we will arrive." Xiaoting replied.

"Okay." Yujin replied briefly.

Even though they both don't have a car, Yujin and Xiaoting have a strong desire to learn, through their friends they learn to drive, for them the more skills the better to survive in a big city like Seoul.

"Eonnie.." Xiaoting called again. Xiaoting looked at Yujin through the rearview mirror, their eyes met.

“Hmm?' Yujin said.

“Want me to play a song?” Xiaoting asked.

"No, it will wake them up." Yujin said.

"As long as it's not a loud song, it shouldn't be a problem." Xiaoting replied.

"Then it's up to you, you choose the song." Yujin replied.

Xiaoting then played the songs on her playlist.

Chantal Kreviazuk's song 'Feels Like Home'.

"Old songs." Yujin's comment.

"Your Favorite.." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin smiled, this song is her favorite song. She then turned her gaze back to the rearview mirror in the car, her eyes met again with Xiaoting's eyes who turned out to be looking at her, unaware they were giving each other a smile.

Something in your eyes

Makes me want to lose myself

Makes me want to lose myself

In your arms

There's something in your voice

Makes my heart beat fast

Hope this feeling lasts

The rest of my life

If you knew how lonely my life has been

And how long I've felt so low

If you knew how I wanted someone to come along

And change my life the way you've done

 

Feels like home to me

Feels like home to me

Feels like I'm all the way back where I came from

Feels like home to me

Feels like home to me

Feels like I'm all the way back where I belong

 

 

While listening to this favorite song of her, Yujin  looked at the scenery outside the window. The white clouds, the blue sky, the trees and flowers she saw, looked beautiful and not boring anymore.

 

***

“Ahhh.. the beach!!!!” Dayeon and Chaehyun shouted at the same time . They then ran towards the beach, followed by Mashiro, Xiaoting, and Yujin who were no less excited.

"Eonnie, Please take a picture of me and Chaehyun!" Dayeon shouted.

Yujin who was standing not too far from them then looked for a position to take a photo of the two of them, with a low angle technique she then took a picture of the two best friends. She took their pictures many times until she was satisfied with the results.

"Okay, I think that's enough." she said.

"Eonnie, I want to see the results" Chaehyun said as she approached her.

“Daebak! Your photos are really good, Eonnie." Chaehyun commented.

"I'll edit it first then I'll share it with you guys." Yujin said.

"Thank you, Unnie." Chaehyun also gave her grateful smile to Yujin.

"You're welcome." Yujin replied, she also gave her friend her beautiful smile.

"Eonnie, Take my picture too." Without Yujin knowing, her best friend is now standing beside her.

"Wow, our photo model also want to be photographed ? aren't you tired of being photographed almost every day?" Chaehyun commented.

"Nope, lately Eonnie rarely takes pictures of me." Xiaoting replied.

Chaehyun just shrugged her shoulders then went over to Dayeon and Mashiro who were playing with the water.

"They are like little children." Xiaoting commented seeing the behavior of her friends from a distance.

"It's okay, while we are here " Yujin replied. "So do you want me to take your photo?" she asked.

"Of course, Eonnie!" Xiaoting replied quickly.

"Hmm.." Yujin then turned around looking for the best spot. "Ah, there it is!" she said, pointing to one side of the beach.

Arriving at the place in question, like a professional model photo, Xiaoting then started posing. It didn't take long for Yujin to decide what photo technique she would take. The strong wind ruffled Xiaoting's long hair, giving an added effect, making Xiaoting's beauty seem to have multiplied. Yujin took pictures of her best friend many times, not because she didn't get a good photo, she just wanted to freeze more moments from her best friend.

After she felt enough, she then looked at the shots.

"I want to see." Xiaoting said approaching her. Yujin then handed the camera to Xiaotingg.

"Why do I always look prettier in your photos, huh?" Xiaoting's comment.

"Because you are beautiful." Yujin replied.

“But I'm here…” Xiaoting then pointed at the photo of herself on the LCD screen, “… it's like the unreal version of me.”

"You're the only one who doesn't aware..." Yujin replied again.

"Not aware of what, Eonnie?" Xiaoting asked again.

“That you're so beautiful, people will think that you're not real.” Yujin replied.

"Wow, since when did Eonnie compliment me like that, are you flirting with me?" Xiaoting said in a joking tone.

"What are you talking about?" Yujin replied. "Let's join the others..." Yujin said while walking. 'I have to learn not to say everything that's on my mind.' She thought.

"Wait for me.." Said Xiaoting who ran a little to catch up with Yujin who was already walking in front of her. When she already beside Yujin, Xiaoting then grabbed Yujin's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"When was the last time we went to beach, Eonnie?" Xiaoting asked.

"I do not remember." Yujin replied. "I'm sorry, I don't have much money to take you out on a trip, but since I've started working in a better place, from now on I'll be taking you out a lot.” Yujin said again.

"That's not what I meant, Eonnie. You've worked so hard for us, how could I demand something as trivial as this. And from now on you don't have to carry the burden yourself, I've started working and Eonnie, from now on you can rely on me too." Xiaoting said.

"I know, thank you." Yujin replied. "But you have to remember, you still have to prioritize your studies, I heard that majoring in architecture is not easy, you have to be able to divide your time with your modeling career." Say it again.

"Okay my chatty Eonnie..." Xiaoting replied while sticking out her tongue. “And what kind of modeling career? I'm just an amateur Photo model."

“We will never know what the future will be, you have potential.” Yujin said again.

"We'll see later Eonnie." Xiaoting replied. Yujin nodded.

"What I don't understand is why did you take an Accounting Major when your interests are far from that?" Xiaoting now asked Yujin back.

"Hahaha.. I've already said, I just want to increase my opportunity to be able to work when I graduate. Remember our principle, the more skills the better.” Yujin replied.

Xiaoting shook her head. "The reality of life.. Whatever we do in the end we just need money to survive."

"Let's just enjoy it." Yujin replied. "And Xiaoting I hope you succeed in becoming an architect like you dreamed of as a child." Yujin said again.

"Yes Eonnie, and my biggest dream is to build the best house for you." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin smiled hearing that, her Xiaoting since childhood always said that she would make a house for her.

"Thank you." Yujin said while giving her eyesmile.

"You're welcome, Eonnie." Xiaoting replied who also gave her sweetest smile.

While still holding hands, the two of them joined their three friends who were still playing in the water.

***

Yujin and Mashiro were watching their friends jetskiing.

"I wonder why they don't seem tired at all." Mashiro said.

“You forgot, how did they eat this afternoon? The portion of 10 people seems to be enough for just the three of them.” Yujin said, commenting.

"Ha ha ha. It doesn't feel like we've been here for 3 days, I don't want to go home." Mashiro said again.

"We have to go home , I don't want Dayeon's parents to go bankrupt." Yujin said.

"Don't worry Eonnie, even if we vacation in Paris for a month, Dayeon's family company will still stand tall." Mashiro replied.

"Still…." Yujin replied.

"Eonnie tomorrow I'll drive." Mashiro said.

“Well, I promised tomorrow it would be my turn to drive. Besides, you're planning to drink tonight, I don't want to put myself in danger because of you." Yujin said again. Xiaoting and her friends have reached the legal age to drink alcohol and they plan to celebrate it on their last night in Busan.

"Ok then." Mashiro nodded her head.

They turned their attention back to their friends.

"Yujin?" Call someone.

"Seungcheol oppa?" Yujin replied after seeing who called her. Yujin decided to add the nickname 'Oppa' to Seungcheol after finding out he was older than her.

Seungcheol then gave his trademark smile. “You are here too?” asked the handsome man.

"Yeah, I'm on vacation with my friends." Yujin replied.

"Umm, is Xiaoting with you too?" Seungcheol asked.

Yujin immediately pointed towards the beach. "Well, she's having fun playing."

"Wow she's so cool .." Seungc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter