Our Dreams

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback 22 years ago
 

Choi Jisung and Choi Kang Hee are arguably the happiest couple on earth, apart from being blessed with abundant wealth, they are also blessed with a pair of a boy and a girl who have beautiful looks like their parents.

Choi Jisung with his ability to advance the company inherited by his parents could make his entertainment company is now one of the fastest growing companies that is able to create entertainment programs that are liked by the public.

With all the success that he has achieved from a young age, he has not forgotten his family, for him, his family is his number one priority. The hard work he does is solely for the happiness of his wife and his children, Choi Seungcheol and Choi Yujin.

Choi Jisung is very close to his children, especially with the youngest, Yujin. Yujin who just turned 1 year old was very attached to him. Every night Jisung would play the piano for his little daughter, Alegro Sonata, little Yujin would immediately fall asleep hearing the piano playing by her father.

However, due to his busy schedule and his wife who also helps him at the company, they cannot take care of their child alone. Then came Hana, a 30 year old woman who came from Jeonju, she and her husband Shen Yichen who came from Chengdu China applied to work at Choi Jisung's residence.

Choi's family, who at that time needed a babysitter and driver, finally accepted them with open arms.

During 3 months of work, Hana and Yichen were able to immediately mingle with their families, their work was good and Jisung already considered them like his own family, moreover Seungcheol and Yujin were also able to quickly get close to Hana and Yichen.

Until one day, on a Friday afternoon when Jisung and Kang Hee came home from work, they found Seungcheol alone sleeping on sofa in their iving room.

"Cheol-ah, wake up Son.." said Choi Kang Hee trying to wake up her eldest son. After a while Seungcheol woke up, he then rubbed his eyes.

“Cheol-ah where is your sister?” asked Choi Kang Hee.

"Uncle and aunt asked her to go with them, I wasn't invited, they even told me to sleep because otherwise they said Eomma and Appa would scold me .." replied the 3-year-old boy. Hearing Seungcheol's answer certainly made Jisung and Kang Hee panic. Jisung then tried to make calls to Yichen and Hana's numbers alternately but both phones were turned off.

“Yeobo, is there an answer?” Kang Hee asked in a panicked tone. Jisung shook his head, the sound of Kang Hee's crying then broke. “Yeobo, did they kidnap Yujin? Did they kidnap our daughter?” Hearing Kang Hee's question made Jisung's body suddenly weak, he had to hold his body on the chair so he wouldn't fall. 'Could they have the heart to kidnap Yujin? My daughter? My beloved daughter ..' his thoughts were erratic.

"Yeobo what should we do?"

"Police, we have to report to the police..." he said. He then took the phone again. He had not had time to make a call when there was a message on his cellphone.

“ Eurwangni Beach. Go now before it's too late .."

Jisung didn't recognize the number that just sent him a message. But he didn't think long, he then prepared to go following the directions of the person who had just given him the message.

"Yeobo, where are you going?" Jisung then showed the message to his wife.

"I'm coming..." said Kanghee.

"What about Seungcheol?"

"Let's take him, I don't want anything to happen to him."

Jisung nodded, he felt safer if his wife and child were nearby.

"Let's go quickly." he said.

 

***

The sky was already dark by the time they reached Eurwangni beach. Jisung didn't waste his time, he immediately looked for his daughter's whereabouts. How surprised he was when he saw Hana who was carrying her daughter was already far from the shore to the middle of the beach.

'HANAAAA!!!!” he shouted with all his might. But the call was ignored, Hana continued to walk to the center. He could hear Yujin's cry from a distance. Without thinking he ran, hoping to catch up with Hana and retrieve his daughter. But suddenly a big wave came towards the shoreline, the waves made him fall, blurring his vision. He then tried to stand up looking for Hana and Yujin, but he couldn't find them. Jisung then tried to swim to the middle, but to no avail he couldn't find them. Jisung continued to swim and swim, again to no avail. Hana and Yujin were already lost in the waves.

His cries were unstoppable at that time, his loud screams could be heard as far as the shoreline. He felt like a failure because he couldn't save his daughter. When he returned to the beach he could see his wife was sitting limply and Seungcheol who was still very small looked confused by the condition of his father and mother.

"Kang Hee, where's your phone?" Jisung said weakly, Kang Hee then gave him her cellphone, Jisung then called the authorities, hoping they could help find their daughter. Hoping that there is still hope for them to see their little daughter again.

Not long after the rescue team arrived, the search was immediately carried out, but due to a big storm, the search had to be temporarily suspended. The next morning the rescue team continued their search, the search continued for days until one day Hana's body was found in a decomposed condition by a fisherman. While Yujin's body was never found, because it was considered to have been missing in the ocean for too long, finally little Yujin was declared dead.

The couple who were previously considered the happiest on earth instantly lost their smile. Since then they have never been the same again.

Shen Yichen, who is thought to be the mastermind of this incident, has disappeared and is currently being sought by the police.

 

***

 

2 years later

A baby's cry fills the entire room in a tiny house in one of the small towns on the outskirts of Seoul. For the first time a smile appeared on the man's face.

"Honey, thank you .." he said to his wife who he just married a year ago.

"What will you name our daughter?" Asked his wife who was still lying weak.

"Shen Xiaoting.." He replied.

"Beautiful name.."

"Like you .." the woman who had just given birth smiled.

There was the sound of a cell phone ringing.

“Yichen, you better pick up the phone first.”

Yichen nodded.

"Hello.." Yichen immediately picked up the phone without looking at the number on his cellphone.

" Yichen.. it's been a long time I haven't heard your voice ..." hearing that voice Yichen's eyes opened wide.

" You must be surprised to hear my voice.. oh Well congratulations I heard your child was born.. Hmm it would be fun if she could accompany little Yujin to play in the ocean ..."

Hearing all this made his heart move so fast. Yichen hastily hung up the phone.

"No, I can't lose Xiaoting.." he said over and over again, he then walked back and forth in the living room of his house thinking of ways to keep Xiaoting out of harms.

 

He then took a deep breath. “This is the only way…”

 

 

As night fell, Yichen put his plans into action, slowly bringing his tiny baby out of the bed he and his wife had prepared for their child. He then put Xiaoting to sleep in the basket he had prepared. Yichen slowly left his house.

 

Now he was in a place he had sworn he would never come again. He placed a baby basket in front of an orphanage, he had written a message that he kept in the basket, he didn't forget to write down the baby's name, even though they couldn't be together but the most important thing was that his daughter used the name he gave her.

 

“My Xiaoting, Papa hopes that you can grow up to be a good girl, unlike me. And hopefully in there you can meet and be friends with her and I hope you can take care of each other until you grow up. I love you…” he said to his daughter one last time. He then pressed the bell provided by the orphanage. After that he immediately ran away from the place.

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter