My Heart Skip a Beat

My Heart Skip a Beat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is just an ordinary college student who is contented and happy with his life, but that's what he thought not until he meet a guy who change his mind. 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is not looking for anyone right now, because his top priority is to focus and finish his studies. He made it clear that he isn't looking for any relationship when his friends try to set him up on a blind date. He's totally not interested about it. He is already happy seeing his friends happy,that is more than enough for him. That's what he thought. He thought he would not care, but sometimes when his all alone he can't stop himself from thinking of what ifs that lead to him getting insecure about himself and later on would fill his mind with a lot of unanswerable questions. Like what would it feel to be loved by someone? Someone that would court you, give you attention, take care of you, hold your hands or just hanging out talking about random stuffs or even just spend time together quietly enjoying the peaceful serenity. 


And when insecurity attacks he question about his own worth. "Am I ugly thats why no one ever like me? Maybe I am. Am i not good enough to be love? Maybe I am cause no one even dare to ask me out. Or maybe am not likeable unlike my friends. That made him released a deep sigh. "Luhan stop thinking about it. Focus on your goal." Luhan said and get back on what he was doing before. 


Since he was kid Luhan never imagine himself being in a relationship. All he wants is to play games with his friends. When he hit puberty he still want to play games, while his friends already started dating, he still remain uninterested about that relationship thing. He do have a crush, but it never cross that line. Luhan main priority is to reach all of his dreams. And if someday someone would comes into his life then he would accept it but, if none then he's good with it. If that happens maybe love is really not for him and he would accept it wholeheartedly. And he doesn't find anything bad about being single. 


And then suddenly, a day he never thought has come. He was already late on his first class, as he was running at the school corridor, all of a sudden his phone started ringing. He tries to get it from his bag while running, that he didn't see what's on his way. When he was about to answer the call *Bam* a loud bang was heard along the quite hall way. 


At first he doesn't what is happening to him that made his sight went black for a few seconds. It just registered to him that he was laying on the floor when someone asked him if he is okay. 


"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" The guy who own the locker said. 


"Do you think I am okay?!" is what Luhan wanted to say, but his too dizzy to speak up. When his eye sight are getting back to normal, all of a sudden a handsome face appeared in front of him. 


"Are you okay? Can you stand up?" asked the guy, but Luhan can't find his voice to speak up. He was so mesmerized by the face infront of him. This is the first time he ever saw a guy this handsome in his entire life. His heart beat so fast like he just run a marathon and he never felt like this before, that it feel so foreign to him. He wants to know why he feel like this, but how will he know the answer or who can answer him? When he comes to his senses Luhan got up with the help of the guy. 


"I'm really sorry. I didn't notice you. Are you okay?" asked the guy worriedly. 

"Yes, I am okay now. And you don't need to say sorry, it wasn't totally your fault, actually it was mine since I'm not looking where i was going. 

"Are you sure your okay now. If you want I can bring you to the infirmary to check if you're really okay."

"No. I'm good. I'm actually late for my first class so, I need to go now." Luhan was about to go to his class when the guy call him again. 

"By the way, my name is Sehun. Once again, I'm really sorry about what happened, but can I get your name?" 

"Luhan. I'll go now." Luhan said before he runs into his class. He never felt this embarrassed in his whole life, good thing that they are the only student in the hallway since all of the students are already in their designated classroom. He has no idea why his heart is acting so weird, but right now he has no time to think about it because he's so late. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Lunch time when his friends noticed a bump on his forehead. 

"Luhan, what happened to your forehead?" Baekhyun asked while checking him. 

"Have you gone to the infirmary to get it check?" Kyungsoo asked worriedly. 

"Don't worry guys am okay. I accidentally hit my head on the locker door this morning because I was running late to our first class, but am good now." 

"Hey!" Kai said. 

"Hi! Babe." Baekhyun said. 

"Guys I would like you to me--" Chanyeol got cut off when someone suddenly speak. 

"Oh, Luhan! How are you?" Sehun asked

"S-sehun! I'm fine don't worry. " 

"You two guys knows each other?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun said at the same time. All of their friends are looking at them. Curious how they met. 

"Remember how I told you guys that this morning I hit someone on the face with my locker door."

"So that guy is Luhan!" Kai said with a shocked face. 

"Yes it was him." Sehun said. 

"Hey Luhan are you okay?" Chanyeol asked. 

"I'm good Chanyeol, don't worry and thanks for asking." 

"No problem. Just next time be careful." Chanyeol said. 

"Yes. I will." 

"Since you already know Luhan, Sehun I would like you to meet my lovely boyfriend Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said. 

"Hi! I'm Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you." Kyungsoo shook Sehun's hands. 

"Hello. Nice meeting you too." 

"And this is my beautiful other half Baekhyun." Kai said proudly. 

"Hi! I'm Baekhyun." Baekhyun also gave Sehun handshake. 

"Hello Baekhyun." 

"Did you guys already eat?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Not yet." Baekhyun said. 

"Okay, let's go buy some food." Chanyeol said. 

"You guys can go first I'll just finish this." Luhan said as he was currently busy copying the lesson he missed this morning. 

"You sure?" Kyungsoo said

"Yes." Luhan said

"If you want I can stay here with him while you guys buy your food." Sehun offered. 

"Are you okay with that Sehun?"

"Yes."

"Guys, you can all go buy your foods, even you Sehun. I'm really okay and this would only take 5 more minutes." 

"Then I'll just wait with you. It's only five minutes. You guys can go now." Sehun said and gesture for them to go. Sehun sat next to Luhan. Suddenly Luhan heart is acting weird again. It was beating too fast and he got scared that perhaps Sehun might hear it since he is sitting too close to him. 

"Okay." Baekhyun said. 

"Sehun, I'm really okay, you can go with them." 

"It's just 5 minutes Luhan. I can wait. Just continue with what you're doing." Sehun said. 

Luhan goes back to what he was doing, since there is nothing he can do to for Sehun follow them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


When Luhan was about to enter high school, it's also the time his one and only best friend needs to migrate to another country. He is so use to having Zoey beside him cause they are friends since diaper days. And now he was left alone. He was scared of what will happen to his high school life journey without his best friend beside him. But that fear he felt was totally forgotten when he met Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, who becomes his new best friend the moment they met. They instantly click and become inseparable. And everyone knows in their school how close they are. While Zoey still remains as one of his best friend even though she is in a different place. 

 

And now Luhan met his best friend Zoey again, after a few years when they enter the same university. But they seldom see each other cause of their different departments. They only met when it happens they have the same break time or free time. So that's why Zoey seldom joins Luhan and his friends during lunch time. 


Zoey also told Luhan that her other best friend Sehun is also studying in the same university as them and he would introduce them one day. Luhan only knows Sehun by his name because whenever he would talk to Zoey it happens that Sehun is not around or busy. 


Luhan only found out that the person Zoey was referring to, was also the same Sehun he knew, he got in confirm when they meet in the cafeteria. Luhan never thought of it, because he thought that Sehun name was kinda a common name. 

 

Luhan was at the cafeteria eating his lunch alone. His friends Baekhyun and Kyungsoo was eating out of the school with their boyfriend's. They do invite him, but Luhan declined it, saying he still have something to do at the library after his lunch. 

"Hey Luhan!" Zoey said while walking where Luhan's table at. 

"Hi Zoey! Lunch break?" 

"Yes. I'm starving." Zoey said before she sat opposite to Luhan. 

"Go grab some food." 

"I already did just waiting for it. Oh, speaking of, here it comes." Zoey said. 

Luhan look at the direction her best friend is looking at. Then he saw a familiar face walking to their table. Zoey stood up when the said guy was already at their table. 

"Luhan I would like you to meet Sehun my other best friend." 

Luhan and Sehun face looks like they saw a ghost. 
"You mean this is guy you been talking about to me all these years?!?"Luhan asked. 

"Yes? Why is there something wrong? And what's with your reaction guys. Why do you look so shocked?" Zoey got confused. 

"We already know each other. We just reacted this way cause we never thought that the Luhan you know was same guy I meet here in school." Sehun said. 

"Yeah he is right. What a small world." Luhan laugh. 

"It really is a small world." Sehun said. They both laugh at the coincidence. 

"Well I'm happy to know that my two bestfriend already meet and know each other. So let's eat I'm really starving." Zoey said. 

Their lunch break is full of catching up and getting to know more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What was that?" Baekhyun asked who was walking towards him with Kyungsoo besides him.

"What was what?" Luhan said while fixing his books on his locker. 

"We are not blind Luhan. Don't pretend that we didn't see Sehun was talking to you a while ago." Baekhyun said with a smirk.

"Oh, that's was nothing." Luhan said and continue with what he's doing.

"Nothing?!? You can't fool us Luhan. Obviously that isn't nothing." Baekhyun sassed.

"He just asked me where is Zoey that's all."

"Hmm, I think you're hiding something to us. What do you think Kyungsoo?" 

"I'm not." Luhan said and close his locker. 

"Stop bothering him Baekhyun. Let's go now or else we would be late in our next class." Kyungsoo said and start walking with Luhan to go to their class. 

"You are no fun Kyungsoo." Baekhyun said and follow his two friends who's kinda far distances from him now. "Wait for me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally! Exams are over." Kyungsoo said and drop his bag on the table.

"I want some relaxation to relieve all this stress." Baekhyun said. 

"Same." Luhan sigh.

They were in the student lounge waiting for their friends who is still taking their exams. "Let's do something fun since we're done with finals" Baekhyun suggest. 

"I like that idea. But what?" Luhan asked. 

"What about we watch movies?" Kyungsoo said. 

"I'm so tired that I feel when we watch movie I would just fall asleep. We need something that is fun that has food, drinks and music." Baekhyun said 

"Oh, How about karaoke? I heard there is a new one just a few blocks from here." Luhan said. 

"That is a good idea Luhan. Okay, where going to karaoke. Let's just wait for the others, but while waiting, let's search that karaoke bar you are talking about." Baekhyun said. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey guys! How was your exams."Chanyeol asked. 

"Difficult, but were good." Kyungsoo said. 

"You guys look so haggard. Want to come with us to relax?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Where?" Kai asked and sat besides Baekhyun. 

"We're planning to go to a karaoke bar to chill so?" Baekhyun said. 

"Yeah am in." Kai said. 

"Me too." Chanyeol said. 

"Hi guys!" Zoey said who is walking to their table with Sehun in tow.

"Hey Zoey! Already done with your exam?" Luhan asked. 

"YES! Finally I'm done." Zoey said. 

"You want to go with us? Were going to a karaoke bar to chill." Baekhyun said. 

"YES! I would love to." Zoey said who can't hide her excitement. 

"How about you Sehun, are you coming?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Sure. Since I don't have anything to do." Sehun said. 

"So, let's go guys!" Baekhyun said. 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was having fun. First to sing is Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who sang wannabe with a combination of energetic dance. Everyone cheers them for their performances and even sang along with them. Once the are done, they pass the mic to Kai and Chanyeol who sang a rap song everyone gave them a round of applause after they are done. Kai and Chanyeol bow to everyone. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Chanyeol act as if they are in a stage thanking their fans. 

"We will be having an autograph signing later." Kai said. 

"As if someone would like to take your autographs." Kyungsoo said in a sassy way. Everyone laugh at what Kyungsoo said.

"You're so mean Kyungsoo." Kai said. 

"Come here, just sit here beside me babe." Baekhyun said with an open arm. 

"Sehun its your turn." Chanyeol gave the mic to Sehun. Sehun take it and stand up in the center. 

"GO SEHUN!" Zoey said. While the others clap their hands. Sehun started to sing smoothly. 

 

 

"we started as friends" 
"But something happened inside me" 
Now I'm reading into everything
But there's no sign you hear the lightning, baby

"You don't ever notice me
Turning on my charm
Or wonder why I'm always where you are" 

 

When Luhan heard the lyrics he felt like something is breaking inside of him. And it looks like Sehun is singing for his best friend who is sitting beside him. What a great day to relax. Luhan thought and just drink his beer. 

 

"I've made it obvious
Done everything but sing it
(I've crushed on you so long, but on and on you get me wrong)
I'm not so good with words
And since you never notice
The way that we belong
I'll say it in a love song" 

 

When Luhan and Sehun eyes accidentally meet, Luhan felt something weird inside him. He gets his bottle of beer and drink it. He suddenly feels hot and he doesn't know why, but there is something about how Sehun looks at him. He tries not to look at Sehun again while the man was singing. 

 

"I've heard you talk about
How you want someone just like me
But everytime I ask you out
(Time I ask you out)
We never move pass friendly, no no

And you don't ever notice how I stare when we're alone
Or wonder why I keep you on the phone"

 

Luhan is doing everything he can to avoid Sehun eyes, but every time he tries to look at Sehun, his eyes would automatically make eye contact with the man as if Sehun is looking at him all the time.

 

I've made it obvious
Done everything but sing it
(I've crushed on you so long but on and on you get me wrong)
I'm not so good with words
And since you never notice
The way that we belong
I'll say it in a love song
Yeah...

You are my very first thought in the morning
And my last at nightfall
You are the love that came without warning
I need you, I want you to know

 

Sehun is singing with all his heart. He wants to deliver the message to Luhan clearly. He want Luhan to feel his love. That every part of the lyrics is what he wants to say. 


I've made it obvious
So finally I'll sing it
(I've crushed on you so long)
I'm not so good with words
And since you never notice
The way that we belong
I'll say it in a love song

"I'll sing it until the day you're holding me
I've wanted you so long but on and on you get me wrong
I more then adore you but since you never seem to see
Since you never seem to see
I'll say it in this love song" 

 

When the song was about to end he made sure to look directly at Luhan eye while saying the last few lines of the song hoping that Luhan would get what he meant. 
Luhan nearly choke when he made an eye contact with Sehun again. He acts nonchalant, but deep inside it feels like he would explode. "But why does it feel like he is singing it to me" Luhan thought. "It's just your imagination Luhan. Why would he sang it to you. You're crazy." But Luhan can't stop his heart from fluttering. 

 

Everyone clap and whistle once Sehun was done. Zoey sang next and it was only Luhan, who didn't sing with a reason he is kinda drunk, but he has no choice when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo pulled him up to sing to with them. The night end with everyone so happy and kinda drunk. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Zoey knows Sehun for so many years now, she met Sehun during high school. She was a transfer student at that time and still adjusting to her new surroundings. Sehun was the only one who welcomes her and made her comfortable since Sehun just transferred to that school a month ago so Sehun understand what Zoey feels. From then on they become inseparable and soon become best friend. That's why she knows when Sehun have a crush. 

 

Zoey notices how Sehun have a crush on her best friend Luhan, she tries to make him admit it when they hang out Saturday afternoon at her place. 


"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked. 

"I saw the way you look at Luhan." Zoey said with a smirk. 

"I don't know what are you talking about?" Sehun pretend that he is busy. 

"Don't even try to deny it."

"I'm not denying anything cause it's not true." 

"Stop pretending Sehun. I saw the special treatment you gave him." 

"What special treatment are you talking about? I don't do that thing." 

"At first I thought that is just how you act towards your friends, but then I notice how you become a different person whenever Luhan was around. You tend to care more about him and even forget about the other people you are with cause you only focus on him. You always look at him with so much adoration and would just smile like a crazy person whenever he did something you find adorable. You even know his favourite food and drink by just observing him. 

"You knew?!?" Sehun was shocked he thought he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter