Chapter 7

It Gets Cold at the Top

Zinnia looked up at the man as she tried to catch her breath. “What’s the matter?”

Jaehyun chuckled and scratched his neck. “Honestly, if we keep kissing like this I’m just gonna go all way without hesitating.”

Zinnia looked at him with wide eyes. “Well, damn, you didn’t have to say all of that, you nasty.” 

Jaehyun laughed and leaned down to kiss her forehead. “I’ve been waiting for the day I’d get to kiss you with those pretty lips of yours.

Zinnia looked down and felt her face getting warm. “I don’t know what came over me…”

“Well, we had so much tension. On my end at least.” Jaehyun said.

“Yeah, definitely just on your end.” She said sarcastically. 

Jaehyun laughed. “Anyways! Good night Zinnia. I’ll see you in school Monday, yeah?”

Zinnia nodded her head as she cross her arms. “Of course. Good night Jaehyun.” 

Jaehyun made his way to his car and drove away.

After he drove away, Zinnia walked inside her apartment and saw Kelly sitting on the couch.

“Why aren’t you sleeping Kelly, what’s up?”

Kelly laughed dryly as she put her head down. “Do you like him or not?”

Zinnia looked down and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know…”

Kelly looked up and sighed.

“My advice to you, just be honest. No one likes a liar.” She said as she stood up. “Good night Zinnia.”

Kelly went back into her room, leaving the girl alone in the living room. Zinnia wiped her tears that were suddenly falling from her eyes.

~

Monday, 11 a.m 

Zinnia was in the library, studying for one of her upcoming exams. She face was stuck in her textbook as she was hyper focused on her work.

Suddenly, she felt someone’s hands on her shoulders. She turned her head and saw it Jaehyun with the biggest grin on face.

“If there’s anywhere I could find you, it would be the library.” 

Zinnia smiled as she hugged the boy to greet him. “The grind never stops, Jaehyun.”

“Does that also applies in the bedroom?” Jaehyun said with a wink.

“Please shut up..” Zinnia said as she rolled her eyes.

Jaehyun gave her a satisfied smirk as he sat down next to her. “Sooo.. the fashion show. Are you going to the dress rehearsal tonight?” He asked.

“I completely forgot about that. I don’t think so-“

“JAEHYUNIE!” A voice called out from afar.

When Jaehyun turned his head, he sighed and looked down. “Oh no..” A young brunette Korean boy along with Mark walked towards the couple.

“If you’re wondering, that’s my cousin…Haechan.” Jaehyun said as the two boys came closer.

“There’s no way you bagged this cutie.” Haechan said as he put his hand out for her to shake. Zinnia looked at his hand with a stank face then back to his face.

“This cute thing has name, Haechan. And you look 16 years old anyways.” She said and rolled her eyes.

“I’m 18 babes. And, I like my ladies feisty. Grrr.” Haechan said with a growl at the end.

Zinnia eye twitched. “Please. Get him away from me before I get expelled for hitting him.”

Jaehyun chuckled and rubbed Zinnia’s arm. “I apologize, he’s just extra.”

“And I thought Mark was annoying.” She said and she smiled at Mark.

Mark raised his hands up in confusion. “Why am I being dragged into this?” He said.

Zinnia chuckled. “I’m joking!”

“Why are yall here anyways ?” Jaehyun asked.

“To see your new girl that you were rambling about.” Mark said with a smirk. 

“You were talking about me? Awe, how cute!” Zinnia said as she pinched Jaehyun’s cheek. Jaehyun ears turned so red as he smiled back at her. “Yeah, of course.”

“Ohhhh, Jaehyun is down so bad.” Mark said as he laughed at Jaehyun. Zinnia laughed along with him. “I don’t blame him, I’m just… irresistible!” She joked as she flipped her long curly hair.

“You are very irresistible.” Haechan said, staring blankly at her as he was trying to take her hand. Zinnia moved her hand back and glared at Haechan. “Touch me and I’ll break your head.”

“Please hurt me my queen-“ Haechan said before Mark shook his head and dragged him away. 

“That’s enough, you need to take a cold shower.” Mark said as they walked away. Zinnia turned her head to Jaehyun in confusion. “He’s a weirdo. I guess it runs in the family..”

Jaehyun looked at her in shock and laughed. “I’m not that weird, trust me.”

“I’ll try, haha.” Zinnia giggled.

“Well, I’ll see you at the dress rehearsal. Bye, Zinnia.” He said before kissing her cheek and walking away.

“I don’t wanna go to this stupid fashion show with that stupid girl..” Zinnia mumbled to herself.

She sighed as she opened her textbook. She was not looking forward to tonight.