Final

The Final Step

Final


Byun Baekhyun was everything you ever want and everything you have, you two have been dating since high school where you were an average student and what most people call the quiet girl. You never stick your nose into other people’s business so they don’t stick their into yours. But Baekhyun was different, he is always so attentive to what you’re doing daily. At first, it’s only just to annoy you but day after day pass he realized it’s weird how he knows everything down to the tiniest things about you. The way you smile awkwardly each time people called you by your real name instead of your nickname, the way your left eye twitch every single time that you try to lie and whenever you brushed your hair away from your face if something is troubling you.

 

Today was the day of your supposed to be annual anniversary,  after tons of hardship you went through after Baekhyun moved to Los Angeles leaving you in Korea for work. The long distance and miscommunication almost broke you two up not to mention the pain of missing each other everyday was unbearable. And maybe along the way he realized the spark of your relationship was missing and barely there anymore. The break up was mutual but it would be a lie if you said that there’s not even one day that you didn’t think of him.

 

As you were walking to the amusement park where Baekhyun and you would always go whenever you have a break from your job. You sit at your favorite spot where you two would sit each time you both were there. Reminiscing the happy times when it seems like you both would be together by each other side every day. A part of you think that maybe it’s just weren’t meant to be but deep down you longed for him to call you and said that he had missed you. The thing is without him being with you , there's just this unpleasant feeling of strangeness that makes you feel that nothing is the same without him anymore.

 

2 years ago…

 

“If we’re going to get married, how many kids do you wanna have?”  ask you while laying down on the bed while cuddling with Baekhyun looking through your skylight where the stars are shining brightly.

 

“I don’t wanna have kids, babe.” said Baekhyun hesitantly.
“Why is that?” said you while quickly sitting. Shocked with your boyfriend statement. He’s so good with kids in a way that you think he would want to be a father.  

 

“Just because.” said Baekhyun.

 

“So you don’t want to have a child with me?” said you with your voice wavering. 

 

Noticing this Baekhyun grabbed your hand as fast as he can as he was trying to comfort you. Feeling a little guilty that he don’t wanna explain the reason for his blank answer.

 

“It’s not like that, baby. I just don’t wanna see you being in pain, okay?” said Baekhyun quickly.

 

“Really? But I don’t really mind being in pain if I could see a mini you running around in this house.” said you while smiling sheepishly. Looking at you Baekhyun suddenly embraced you into a tight hug.

 

"I'm okay with anything you wanna do, baby."

 

Never once you thought your relationship would be over , even during your last time meeting with him after the break up you never regret being in love with him .The emptiness after the break up almost made you lose your mind. Your house just feel so empty without the sound of his laughter or the way he would randomly pop by your house and hug you till you can’t breathe.
  

Exhaling your breath , you decide that it’s time to finally let those memories go. Sometimes, you even wonder if how he’s doing without you.

 

‘Heh , he’s probably living his best life right now while doing things he loves. Stop worrying, Sena. He already erased you from his life.’ mumbled you to yourself.

 

*drip,drip,drip*  

 

The tears from your eyes fall to the ground…

 

“God,  who am I kidding with. I never even once stopped loving him.” said you chuckling while crying to the sky. Wiping your eyes and finally walking away…

 

“Maybe I should call him, and try for the last time maybe it would work.” said you while taking your phone hurriedly from your pocket. As you were dialing his number and waiting for him to pick up, a car that has totally lost control made it’s way to you who unknowingly turn your back towards it.

 

 


*BOOM* *SCREEECHH*

 

 

The car hits your hard body painfully leaving you lying on the ground, coughing blood out of your mouth as you were trying to reach your phone that lied a few centimeter away so close but so far away at the same time. But the warm feeling of death is quickly embracing you as the pain finally crept up your body. As you closed your eyes ready to welcome death and accept it as a part of your unfortunate fate, a muffled voice coming from your phone calling your name worriedly and anxiously.

 

With your last energy you have, you pushed yourself to reach your phone smiling when you see it’s actually Baekhyun that was calling your name.

 

“Sena , where are you? Are you okay?”  said Baekhyun with his voice clearly trembling as he was speaking.

 

“Hey Baekkie, I just want to tell you how much I love you, okay? Sorry, it took me too long to call you.” said you while hysterically coughing the blood out of your airways.

 

“You’re clearly not okay, baby. Stay with me, baby. I can’t lose you again. Please, I’m begging you please.” said Baekhyun sensing there’s something wrong with you with a painfully hoarse voice crying out as he wasn’t able hear to your voice anymore.