The Soft-Launch

the spring musical

EARLY OCTOBER, EAST HIGH SCHOOL, ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO — THURSDAY

The next morning, Chanyeol is allowed one step outside of his car in the student parking lot before he feels someone grab at his hood and yank him backward with it. He yelps and twists around to figure out who the culprit is this time. How has this happened to him twice in two days?

“Have you heard of the term ‘soft-launching,’ Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks before Chanyeol’s eyes even land on him.

“Well, good morning to you, too,” Chanyeol says with a huff once he’s regained his balance, fixing his hood against his back. “What’s ‘soft-launching’?”

Baekhyun reads off his phone while following Chanyeol as they head out of the parking lot towards the school. “It’s sort of like saying you’re in a relationship without really saying you’re in a relationship.” he summarizes.

“I already don’t like this.” Chanyeol says, looking over at Baekhyun with a frown.

“Okay, say, for instance, you posted a picture of Kyungsoo’s shoulder while you guys are out at a restaurant or whatever.” Baekhyun explains. “The whole vibe shows that it’s clearly romantic, but you don’t tag Kyungsoo or put some sappy caption. Nothing . You just let it sit to get the people talking.”

After they cross past the unloading buses and near the school’s main entrance, Jongdae appears and joins the two of them, greeting Baekhyun with a push on the head and Chanyeol with a tap on his shoulder. “What’s up?” he asks.

Chanyeol jerks his head toward Baekhyun. “Baekhyun’s plotting to sell my new relationship to the tabloids.”

Jongdae lifts his eyebrows in response while Baekhyun holds a finger up to Chanyeol’s face. “Let’s not discuss it so openly. There are ears listening now,” he warns, casting paranoid eyes at the crowd of students around them.

Jongdae hums. “I think many of these people also had eyes while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were canoodling in public for the last two months, Baek.”

Chanyeol frowns at hearing ‘canoodling’ again. “I seriously think you’re exaggerating with that.” 

The three of them cross the threshold of the front doors into the main corridor. The volume of voices and noise swells the moment they enter and join the throng of busybodies moving towards their classes.

Well,” Baekhyun begins again, dragging out the L sound, “canoodling or not, I think we should try and control the narrative before the people get to talking.”

“Why are you talking about this like it’s some glamorous Hollywood drama and not just the very ordinary events of the student body at East High?” Jongdae says, genuinely curious.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes then taps the back of his hand against Chanyeol’s chest beside him. “This is the co-captain of the East High basketball team, Jongdae. Famous and critically-acclaimed for being incredibly athletic, handsome, charming, and compassionate. Trust me when I say it’s breaking news when a guy like this is taken off the market.”

Jongdae sighs and tilts his head up toward the heavens, shutting his eyes for a moment. “God, I hate high school politics.”

Although he hadn’t been that invested in the conversation so far, Chanyeol perks up a bit after hearing the compliments. As the three of them climb up the stairs towards their homeroom, Chanyeol considers what Baekhyun just said. Would it really be that big of a deal if he and Kyungsoo became officially official?

Despite Jongdae’s insistent argument that they were canoodling (God, Chanyeol really hope that doesn’t stick), up until yesterday, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s “relationship” was really just some weird friends-to-lovers purgatory where they were always together but not quite together

Before the school year started, most of their time was spent talking on the phone or texting. Chanyeol’s honestly lucky that the honeymoon haze of the summer hadn’t worn off. But now it feels trickier to navigate his time with Kyungsoo when school has started and the weight of classes has slowly set in. Two months and some change sounds like a long time but you can only get so much interaction when you see each other for just a few minutes every few days in the school week. Maybe that’s why Chanyeol tried to take advantage of every moment he had with Kyungsoo, like he was memorizing the quiet intimacy between them before it could fade into the chaotic background of senior year.

Chanyeol seriously doubts that anybody was paying attention to the two of them during the transition from summer break to the start of the semester anyway. They mostly just hang out in shared spaces like every other group of friends, except they kiss when nobody's looking.

The most daring thing the two of them had done publicly so far was holding hands yesterday in the hallway. Now Chanyeol knows it seems a bit chaste, but he can’t downplay how nervous he felt when he offered his hand to Kyungsoo. Even if it wouldn’t have been obvious to a thick crowd of students in their own bubbles, it felt ginormous to him. Realizing that that moment may have been the first time people actually laid eyes on them and noticed something sends a rush through Chanyeol’s body. He hadn’t even thought about what people might say about them if they knew.

When he had first gotten together with Seulgi last school year, there was a lot of his name being tossed around. Their relationship had sort of been a union between two alienating crowds at East High: the nerds and the jocks. He can still remember the teasing Seulgi would get about Chanyeol only using her for better grades and the rumor that she was only using him to get popular. The shock factor eventually wore off and so did the rumors, but having the school’s eyes on them did sort of spoil those early weeks of dating each other publicly.

It was dumb.

It was high school.

Chanyeol can’t even begin to imagine what bull they would say about Kyungsoo once the news that they were together made its way around. Things had been going along so naturally and quietly that Chanyeol sort of forgot his “position of power” as co-captain of the team. He didn’t exactly come out and he really doesn’t have a plan to, at least not now. It’s hard to gauge whether East High would care too much or too little about him having a boyfriend. Regardless, the thought of their relationship also being picked apart and scrutinized seems to already cast a shadow over the highlight of him and Kyungsoo finally affirming their relationship.

The conversation had died slowly of natural causes by the time the three of them made it to homeroom, but Chanyeol keeps Baekhyun back before he can go through the door of the classroom.

“Do you think it’s too late? To soft-launch, I mean?” Chanyeol asks with a lowered voice. 

Baekhyun raises a brow at him. “I thought you didn’t like the idea.”

Chanyeol bites his lip. “It’s just… well, you probably remember how everyone was when Seulgi and I got together.”

“It was a real Romeo and Juliet war of families,” Baekhyun agrees. 

“I’m not ashamed of what I have with Kyungsoo and I don’t want to hide it.” Chanyeol tells him firmly. He reaches up to scratch an itch on his face that isn’t there. “But… I don’t know. You and Jongdae kinda got in my head about us moving too fast. I’d hate to put Kyungsoo in the spotlight by making us ‘Instagram official’ or whatever if he ends up deciding he doesn’t want me anymore.”

Baekhyun’s eyes soften. He puts a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder and shakes him lightly. “Look, man. Kyungsoo likes you. Like, a lot. That’s the only explanation as to why he’s tolerated you for this long.”

Chanyeol rolls his eyes but Baekhyun continues. “But here’s the beauty of soft-launching, dude. I know it seems kind of stupid, but just think. You get to stay quiet about it until you’re ready to be loud, if ever. I’m sure Kyungsoo can see the charm of that, too.”

Chanyeol smiles slightly and nods, pushing Baekhyun lightly in the chest. “Thanks, dude.”

"We’ll talk more later,” Baekhyun says after giving a pat on his shoulder, making his way into the classroom. “Besides, when’s the last time you posted anyone other than yourself on your Instagram, anyway? The world will keep turning and believe you’re still just a single, self-absorbed prick.”

 

-------

 

At their lunch period, Chanyeol spots Kyungsoo eating at the far end of the cafeteria wearing a butter yellow tee shirt, his headphones pulled over his ears. He makes his way through the crowd, carefully balancing his lunch on his tray, and smoothly slides into the seat next to Kyungsoo when he makes it to his table.

Kyungsoo startles and pulls off his headphones before looking at him and giving a small smile. He bumps his shoulder against his. “Chanyeol.”

“Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol says. He shrugs off his bag and shoves it under the table, leaning his head towards the other boy. “Whatcha listening to?”

Kyungsoo hums, deciding to put the headphones over Chanyeol’s ears as an answer. “The La La Land soundtrack.”

Chanyeol taps Kyungsoo’s phone screen to check the title, bobbing his head as the upbeat rhythm of Someone In The Crowd plays in his ears. He pulls the left headphone off his ear and gives Kyungsoo a once-over. “I see you’re wearing yellow today.”

Kyungsoo casts his eyes downward at his shirt then meets Chanyeol’s gaze again with a light flush of pink on his cheeks and a curious smile. “Yeah, so?”

God, he’s cute. Chanyeol smirks and pulls the headphones off. He shrugs and picks up his apple to bite. “Nothing. Just… the happy music. A yellow shirt when I’ve imagined your entire closet to be blue. I dare say someone’s in a good mood today.”

Kyungsoo laughs softly and rubs the back of his neck, looking away at the rest of the cafeteria as his cheeks get pinker. “Well, it’s probably because I had a pretty good day yesterday.”

“Oh, really?” Chanyeol asks, feigning obliviousness. He turns towards Kyungsoo, resting his elbow atop the table and holding his chin in his palm while he eats his apple. 

“Yeah. I met this really great guy.” Kyungsoo says, still not meeting Chanyeol’s eye. “You might know him, actually.”

“Interesting… What's he like?” Chanyeol says, casting his hook to fish for compliments.

Kyungsoo shrugs, opening his water bottle and taking a drink. Chanyeol’s chew on his apple slows a bit when he fixates on the shape of his throat as he swallows. He comes back to his senses when Kyungsoo speaks again. 

“Dorky, but in a fun way. Handsome. Athletic. Browses pet adoption sites instead of studying for his classes. Has a bit of a staring habit,” Kyungsoo replies, finally casting a sideways glance at Chanyeol. “But he’s lucky I like the attention.”

Chanyeol smiles and shifts in his seat so that their legs touch. “Well, I met someone yesterday, too.”

“Ah, really?” Kyungsoo says, turning to face him. The buzz and the noise of the students around them starts to fade into the background. “Tell me about him.”

“He’s smart,” Chanyeol begins. “He’s kind. He’s also pretty athletic. He dresses like a cute farm boy. He’s got this really, really nice smile that sparkles all the way to his eyes when he thinks something’s funny.”

His voice becomes hushed when he realizes how close he and Kyungsoo have gotten. His eyes glance down at his boyfriend’s mouth before coming back up to meet his gaze. “And he has this cute little mole on his chin that’s probably my favorite spot to kiss.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t even think when he smooths his hand over Chanyeol’s knee but it’s all Chanyeol can focus on when he feels it. Kyungsoo’s looking at him, brown eyes warm and sincere. Chanyeol finally sees what Jongdae’s talking about--the heart eyes.

“Sounds like a great guy,” Kyungsoo says, the corner of his mouth quirking upwards. 

Chanyeol nearly forgets himself. He feels like he’s swimming in Kyungsoo right now and he’d love to drown. It’s a lot: the beat of the music from the headphones against his neck, the warmth of Kyungsoo’s palm against his knee, the look in Kyungsoo’s eyes, the clean scent of his detergent coming off his cute yellow shirt, the way his low voice sends a tickle down Chanyeol’s spine. Would it be so bad if he kissed him right here, right now?

“Hey, you two.” 

The suspense of the moment crashes down suddenly like a violent wave. Kyungsoo pulls his hand away without a second thought. Chanyeol immediately moves to his right to leave a generous amount of space between the two of them.

Baekhyun raises a brow at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo as he sinks into the seat across from them. “Did I interrupt something?”

“No,” the two of them chime together. 

Baekhyun stares and lets the awkwardness cloud the energy of the table for a second before shrugging. “Okay, well. I guess now’s as good a time as any to talk to both of you about the soft-launching thing.”

“The who?” Kyungsoo asks, looking over at Chanyeol to see if he’s confused, too.

Chanyeol presses his lips together. He hadn’t planned on talking to Kyungsoo about that until later. 

At Chanyeol’s silence, Baekhyun picks up the slack. “Since you two are officially a thing now, I’ve been thinking about what the announcement timeline should be like.”

“Announcement?” Kyungsoo asks, even more lost than before. 

“I think you guys can stretch it out over like a month or so to really get people talking. A few romantic pictures, a few hints.” Baekhyun continues. “Then maybe, if you’re up for it, you could do the big reveal around Chanyeol’s birthday.”

Hearing it laid out like some marketing campaign makes Chanyeol feel silly. It sounded a little more romantic when they were talking about it earlier.

Kyungsoo folds his arms atop the table and stares at Chanyeol until he finally meets his eye. “What’s he talking about?”

Chanyeol opens his mouth and takes a breath before shutting it again. When he finds the words, he says them slowly, “I was just thinking that we could maybe take it slow with making us public. For now.”

Kyungsoo raises a brow. Chanyeol senses that he wants him to keep talking.

“You know, I don’t know how the school might react when we say that we’re together.” Chanyeol says, meeting Kyungsoo’s eye but also not. “I don’t want to keep you a secret, but… it’s sort of a reputation thing.”

Well, that didn’t feel right. Baekhyun takes a sharp breath. “Oof. Chanyeol.”

Kyungsoo fully turns toward Chanyeol now with his brows knit together. He doesn’t seem upset, just concerned. “What do you mean ‘reputation’? You’re not saying that having a boyfriend would… ruin that, are you?”

Baekhyun takes another sharp breath and covers his face with his hands. “Oof. Kyungsoo .”

“Of course not!” Chanyeol blurts out immediately. He glances around the room and lowers his volume. “Kyungsoo, of course not. It’s--it’s not just about me . It’s your reputation, too.”

“What reputation?” Kyungsoo asks. “You mean the one where I’m already the only openly gay kid in an entire highschool?”

Chanyeol deflates. This feels like it’s going terribly.

Kyungsoo sighs and takes a moment to think. His eyebrows pinch together in thought but there’s no darkness in his expression otherwise. “Chanyeol. I don’t care what people think of me.”

“I don’t either,” Chanyeol mumbles. 

Kyungsoo’s eyes are warm but concerned. “So do we really have to make such a big deal out of this? Doesn’t this soft-launching or sneaking around or whatever sound kind of dumb?”

Baekhyun decides to chime in then. “Actually, you wouldn’t really be ‘sneaking,’ per se. It’s more like giving them a little taste before serving the--”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol says, quieting him. He looks at Kyungsoo sincerely. “Kyungsoo, this is a big deal. But not because the school might fuss when they find out I have a boyfriend. But because it’s y ou .”

Kyungsoo’s expression becomes a little lost. Chanyeol gathers his thoughts and goes on. “Something happened in my last relationship. Everyone treated us like characters, giving the two of us crap. It felt like we were always under a microscope just because we were together.

“And I don’t want that for us. I don’t want that for you.” Chanyeol presses his lips into a line. “ it, I don’t care about my reputation. I just don’t want anybody ruining what we have by always speculating and sticking their noses where they don’t belong. I know how it feels, and it .”

Kyungsoo is still looking at him with his soft eyes. Without hesitation, he slides his hand back into Chanyeol’s knee under the table and the warmth of his palm is inviting. There’s a quiet understanding.

“I don’t want to keep you a secret, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol says to him quietly.

“I know,” Kyungsoo replies, mouth curved in a sympathetic smile. “I don’t either.”

He rubs his thumb against his thigh and gives his leg a gentle squeeze. “Let’s just keep to ourselves, then. Just like we’ve been doing.”

Chanyeol breathes in deep at the contact, his head bobbing in agreement. His gaze lingers on Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo’s lingers on him. He leans in just a little closer, back to the position they were in before. He can smell his detergent again. 

“Can I kiss you later?” he asks Kyungsoo, fingers brushing against his on his knee.

“Oh, God. Alright.” Baekhyun says as he picks himself and his lunch tray up from the table. They honestly forgot he was still sitting there. “I’m going to go sit with the team.”

Chanyeol grins after him then back at Kyungsoo who’s looking at him with the heart eyes again. Kyungsoo smiles at him fondly and slips his fingers into his, giving him a light squeeze. Chanyeol dares to slide back towards him so their legs touch again, taking the headphones off his neck and putting them back on Kyungsoo. He purposefully lets his fingers linger on the side of his face, even if just for a moment.

 

-------

 

The kiss waits for later but later can’t come soon enough. 

Kyungsoo waits by the gym for Chanyeol at the end of the school day, mindlessly scrolling through his Twitter timeline and liking a number of tweets from an Hourly Puppies photo account that he follows. He’s listening to La La Land again, humming along to the City of Stars duet and slightly rocking back and forth on his sneakers.

A hand waves in front of his face to get his attention, blocking his view of his phone. Kyungsoo slides his headphones off and looks up expecting to see Chanyeol, freshly showered after his basketball practice, the smell of his cologne light on his skin. He’s surprised to see Sehun standing in front of him instead, his brother’s face twisted in confusion.

“What are you doing here? You’re my ride home.” Sehun says.

“Oh. Right. Sorry,” Kyungsoo says. He gestures behind him towards the gymnasium doors. “Chanyeol wanted to meet up for a second after school.”

Sehun groans. “I wanted to get Krispy Kreme.”

Kyungsoo refocuses on his phone screen. “We can still go. Chanyeol won’t be much longer.”

Sehun makes a noise, unbelieving. He takes his backpack off and slides his back down against the lockers to sit on the floor. He looks up at his brother after a few moments of silence. “Aren’t you going to ask me how my day went?”

“How was your day, Sehun?”

“Boring! Until I got to drama class with Ms. Darbus, of course.” Sehun’s tone of voice begins to brighten. Kyungsoo senses a long talk coming on and settles in for the ride. “Apparently she’s already planned out the spring musical. The entire class needed like five minutes to shut up about it.”

“Riveting,” Kyungsoo chimes in.

Sehun ignores him and continues, his excitement undeterred. “Auditions are months away but I can’t wait . I already told Darbus to put me on the sign-up list. I mean, obviously I’m going to audition. If I score a part in this show, it’ll make my entire junior year.”

Sehun looks at Kyungsoo again with a big grin, obviously waiting for him to say something. Kyungsoo bites. “What show is it?”

“Guess!”

Kyungsoo frowns. “Dude, I don’t know musicals like that.”

There’s a hefty minute of prolonged eye contact between the two of them when Sehun shuts up so that the instrumental of A Lovely Night coming from Kyungsoo’s headphones can clearly be heard in the silence. Kyungsoo coughs to dispel his embarrassment.

“Okay, uh… Once on this Island ?” Kyungsoo offers.

“Nope,” Sehun says. “Next.”

Into the Woods?”

“No, but I am definitely suggesting that for next year.” Sehun says. “I think I’d be a perfect Jack.”

Kyungsoo hums as he racks his brain for another guess. “Is it… Mamma Mi--

IT’S MAMMA MIA!” Sehun cries out before Kyungsoo can get out the final syllable, his arms raised above his head in a cheer. He drums and slaps on his brother’s leg in a celebration that he’s not a part of.

Kyungsoo shakes Sehun’s hand off his leg, hiding a smile as he looks down at his brother. “God, you’re already bouncing off the walls.”

“I honestly couldn’t have made a better choice for the musical myself.” Sehun says matter-of-factly. He looks up at Kyungsoo and suddenly his eyes brighten with realization. He slaps his leg again. “You should sign up, too!”

Now Kyungsoo is genuinely confused. “For… auditions? Why would I do that?”

“Oh, please. As if you’ve never been onstage before,” Sehun says, waving him off. 

“I was part of one show freshman year for extra credit and it wasn’t even a speaking role.” 

“It’s your senior year! They’re basically morally obligated to give you a part.” Sehun says. “Come on, it could be fun.”

Kyungsoo pauses. He rationalizes it in his head. The thought of having to perform in front of a bunch of people is not as appealing to him as it may be to Sehun, who was practically born under a spotlight doing choreography. Maybe he could forgo the auditions and get some community service hours by helping build the sets… 

“Okay, maybe.” Kyungsoo says. Sehun brightens. “Maybe. But don’t be upset if I end up bailing at the last minute.”

“Bailing on what?”

Chanyeol appears beside Kyungsoo with the rest of the basketball team filing out of the gymnasium behind him. He flashes a handsome smile at Kyungsoo and squeezes his hip with a subtle hand as a greeting before waving at Sehun on the floor.

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo answers, purposefully forgetting the topic of conversation now that Chanyeol’s here. He pauses his music and puts his phone away before turning himself toward his boyfriend. “How was basketball practice?”

“Sweaty,” Chanyeol replies simply. “Coach had us try out a few new plays. I’m honestly surprised I had enough strength left in me to shower.”

Kyungsoo nods, trying to breathe in the scent of Chanyeol’s cologne without making a show out of it. He glances around to check that the rest of the team has gone already. “Well, I’m glad you did. Kissing you isn’t as fun when you’re sweaty.”

Chanyeol raises a brow at him, his hand sliding from Kyungsoo’s hip to his back. “You didn’t seem to mind kissing sweaty ol’ me all that much after an hour long baseball game in ninety degree heat.”

“ Alllllllright , that’s my cue to leave.” Sehun shoots up from his spot on the floor and pulls his bag back on. “I’m going to wait by the car, Kyungsoo.” 

Kyungsoo follows his receding figure with his eyes as it disappears around the bend of the corridor before looking back at Chanyeol with a thoughtful expression. “That’s the second time today that you’ve scared someone off by talking about kissing.”

“Seems like a foolproof strategy to me,” Chanyeol says. He meets Kyungsoo’s eye with a smug grin. “Come here.” 

Kyungsoo’s breath stops in his throat when Chanyeol takes his other hip in his hand, pulling the two of them back against the gym doors so they’re hidden in the alcove of the entrance. 

Kyungsoo breathes in deeply at their closeness and feels his stomach flip at the thrill. No matter how many times they touch, it feels like it’ll always send his thoughts into a whirlwind. He smooths his hands down Chanyeol’s stomach and leans into him, wrapping his arms loosely around his waist.

Chanyeol dips his head just the slightest and Kyungsoo tilts his chin up to meet his mouth in a soft kiss. They both lean into each other naturally and Chanyeol can feel the other boy smile against his mouth. Kyungsoo’s heart does a stuttered dance when he feels Chanyeol’s fingers reach up and gently hold his chin, keeping him steady while Chanyeol kisses him deeper. 

When they finally pull away, Kyungsoo gets to watch Chanyeol’s eyes flutter open as if he were waking from a dream. Chanyeol gives him a shy smile, his thumb rubbing against his chin and swiping along the line of his lower lip. He leans in one more time to give his favorite mole a soft peck. 

“I like you,” Chanyeol tells him, eyes swimming with affection.

Kyungsoo melts. “I like you, too.”

Taking advantage of the emptiness of the corridor, Chanyeol wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s hips and clasps his hands together behind his back. “I’ve been thinking.”

“About?” Kyungsoo says, still eyeing Chanyeol’s mouth and wondering if he can sneak another kiss before he goes.

“I’m kind of sick of sneaking around this place just to kiss you.” Chanyeol says with a pout, leaning back against the doors and pulling Kyungsoo closer to him. “How about we go somewhere we don’t have to care about our classmates seeing us?”

“Like?” Kyungsoo says, his voice now colored with interest.

Chanyeol pumps his eyebrows at him and smiles, a lazy curl of his mouth. “Do you want to go on a date with me?”

Warmth lights up Kyungsoo’s face yet his body freezes up. It’s such a simple question but the words make him feel so… so giddy . His expression is stunned for a few moments and Chanyeol is properly amused.

“What did you have in mind?” Kyungsoo asks, a little shy.

“How about I take you to the movies next Friday? If you’re free?” Chanyeol tilts his head. Even though Kyungsoo is literally his boyfriend, he’s still nervous about his response.

Kyungsoo hums. He rubs circles into Chanyeol’s back. “Buy me dinner, too?”

“The best that the twelve dollars in my bank account can buy,” Chanyeol jokes. He’s satisfied with Kyungsoo’s bright laugh and his sweet and gently whispered “yes.”

Kyungsoo’s cheeks are still pink when he finally joins his brother at his car in the parking lot. Sehun eyes him curiously, pulling the door open after it’s unlocked and climbing in. “Do I dare ask what happened after I left you two alone?”

“Don’t be weird,” Kyungsoo mutters, his lips still curved in a secret smile. He starts the car and starts pulling out of the parking space.

Sehun rests an elbow by the car window and watches his brother as they pull onto the road. “You know, you never thanked me.”

Kyungsoo checks his rearview mirror before glancing over at Sehun. “For?”

Sehun lifts a finger and draws a circle in the air around Kyungsoo’s beaming expression. “Helping you get your foot in the door with Mr. Tall, Sporty, and Handsome.”

Kyungsoo barks out a laugh. He shakes his head. “I still can’t believe you did that, by the way.”

Sehun actually looks offended. “Hey, if I never spread that rumor, you probably never would’ve made a move.”

“I would’ve!” Kyungsoo replies defensively. Both of them are doubtful about that. “Okay, well. Thanks for helping me get my boyfriend. I guess .”

“You’re welcome.” Sehun smirks and looks out his window, smug. “Now go and get me my Krispy Kreme.”