Chapter Four

Now Or Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

 

 


It feels like the end of the world.

At least for Hwiyoung after that day.

Although he shouldn't have heard it, Taeyang was quite close to him, and he didn't mean to hear it as well himself. When it comes to Taeyang, he's starting to get curious and he's very aware of his personality.

That day was the wrong move. He shouldn't be listening to other people's conversation even if Taeyang was involved.

And see what happened to him.

"I already like someone."

Those statements are still playing in Hwiyoung's head, and he wishes he could stop them, but he couldn't do it.

Even if he tries to study and distracts himself by doing other things, that statement is still playing in his head and he has no memory of what he has learned as a result.

Who exactly is this "someone"?

Rowoon?

Possibly.

How he hopes it's not easy to guess who is that someone he's referring to.

"Yaaaah, I'm not even starting yet, and I can already see the finish line?" He mumbles bitterly as he stares aimlessly into the distance. "This is completely unfair!"

After that day, Hwiyoung is not doing well at all. He couldn't stop thinking about it even if he tried, and his Zuho hyung is trying to say the same thing to him, but in a more sugar coated sort of way so that he won't be hurt just by hearing him say it.

But it's too late now because Hwiyoung has already picked up on it. He heard it from Taeyang.

And he is truly thankful to his Zuho hyung for going out of his way to help him. Hwiyoung, on the other hand, has come to the realization that he has been bothering those around him for his own needs, and he has labeled himself as selfish because of it. Every single one of them is a student, and they are all preoccupied with their own lives and problems. Yet, here they are, helping him simply because he is a coward.

"Hwiyoung-ah!"

Hwiyoung was distracted from his deep thoughts by Zuho's voice, and he tilted his head to look at the older.

"Hyung."

The way Hwiyoung calls him made Zuho sigh because he knew what this kid was going through at the time. He doesn't appear to be in great shape either.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not. Maybe some time." Hwiyoung then handed the older a coffee that he bought for him earlier. "I guess I should stop asking for a favor now." And he smiled bitterly.

Zuho nodded. "But please don't forget that I'm still willing to help you."

Hwiyoung let out a soft chuckle. "I know and I'm very thankful for that."

"So, what's your plan now? Will you stop just because he said he likes someone else?"

Hwiyoung shook his head, pouting. "I really don't know. Is it a good idea?"

"Do whatever you want."

"I want to be close to him, but as you know, I lack the confidence to do so. I'm stupid, and I'm well aware of it. What should I do? I don't know, aside from giving up." Hwiyoung said, looking confused. This is his first time liking someone this much and usually, he is confident about it.

When he was in high school, Hwiyoung was popular and he also received plenty of confessions that's why he is confident. They liked him for being who he is and for being a happy virus for everyone.

Upon entering college, he began to change his views. He became more serious about everything he does because everything in college is harder than before. Still, his playfulness is still there though.

"Cheer up, it's not too late for you." Zuho tapped him on his shoulder. "He just said that he likes someone else but he didn't say that he's dating."

"Hm?"

"Maybe, introducing yourself to him will help."

"Seriously?"

Zuho aggressively nodded. "Oh! Seriously! Taeyang has no idea who's behind those drinks you're handing out. Of course, he'll be uncomfortable in some situations, but because he saw me or the other that you're asking for a favor of having the same drink as him that came from you, he accepted it. Don't give up just yet; there's still time." He said and encouraged Hwiyoung at the same time. Though Zuho had no idea about Taeyang's someone, he still believes that this junior of his still has a chance. The younger one was just listening to him attentively because he knew that Zuho was right most of the time.

"I don't think I have a chance."

"Don't say that. He's still single. The best thing is to take this risk than to regret and think about what could have been. Think about it." Then, Zuho the younger's hair.

Will that risk be enough?

Why is he making this a big deal though?

Well, it is a big deal for Hwiyoung. This is Taeyang that they were talking about and when it comes to Taeyang, everything must be serious.

And yet, what exactly is he up to? Taeyang wouldn't be able to tell if he's serious abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter