one

Free Love

Strange; there's an unsettling feeling of loss and a shiver down her spine through the unusual cold.

Seulgi felt strange as the cold of winter touched her shoulder where the covers slipped down, and the absence of warmth next to her side she's grown accustomed to share her nights with has awoken her. Despite the heater on, winter nights bring a sense of coldness with it like no other.

She glance up, the blaring red numbers of the digital clock on the bedside table shows it's only a quarter past two in the morning, too early to be leaving the comforts of their bed. She stretched an arm to feel the vacated space on the bed only to feel a dull warmth on the covers, a telltale the occupant had slipped out of bed not long ago. There's a low humming sound coming through the slight crack open of the door.

Ah.

Seulgi, despite her intolerance for cold and interrupted sleep, had lifted the covers off to get up and locate her bedmate, determined to drag them back to bed and go back to sleep. She slipped on her fluffy bear slippers that instantly tickled her soles before warming up her feet, and she dragged her sleepy limbs to the door, opening it a tad bit wider as she slipped out of their bedroom.

Adjusting her bleary eyes to the dimly lit living room where only a lamp was illuminating the space, Seulgi finds a figure hunched on her favorite two-seater loveseat facing the floor to ceiling glass wall. She can hear the music clearly now coming from the radio, tuned in a channel playing western love songs.

Sensing her presence, the lone figure looked up to meet her gaze. Seulgi instantly melted at the pure adoration reflected in those warm brown eyes, and the golden glow from the lamp revealed the beauty beyond compared. Her breath hitched.

Joohyun smiled at her through the rim of Seulgi's mug she claimed for herself since day one of moving in, her hands small in the unusually big mug. The curtains were drawn to the sides revealing the glass wall to a sight of snow falling and the street below covered in white. Joohyun is a picture of warmth in a cold winter night.

She padded closer until she stood looming over Joohyun who looked cozy in her pink pajamas and under a yellow blanket. Her smile was even wider than a moment ago, a knowing look pointed at her, like she knew Seulgi would be up this very moment.

"Hi." She whispered through the steam from the mug.

"Hi yourself." Seulgi whispered back.

"Care to join me?" She asks lifting the blanket in an inviting motion. Seulgi didn't waste a second and slipped in, cozying up the moment she settled. Her arms instantly wrapped around Joohyun who moved in closer to her embrace, humming in delight at the familiar warmth of Seulgi.

"Is that hot chocolate?" Seulgi asks just above a whisper, smelling the aroma of cocoa swirling through the steam coming from the mug.

Joohyun nods, "With marshmallows" she adds, lifting the mug closer to Seulgi, another invitation she dare not pass up. Seulgi takes a sip of the warm beverage, letting the sweet liquid tongue before swallowing and have it warm her.

Two in the morning never felt this good to be lounging on a cold winter. Moments like this are the ones Seulgi cherishes, gladness filled her heart at the thought of having someone to share this moment, to have Joohyun in this moment. It's the simple things in life, Seulgi realizes, that makes life beautiful.

They talked about their day in low whispers like sharing a secret, they don't have to be whispering, but the mood calls for undisturbed calmness, and they bask in it. Joohyun recounts her day at the office, it's a mundane one as she puts it, there were deals she reviewed and sign off, nonstop ringing of phone, calls were made, and with the coffee maker breaking down as the most exciting thing that happened to her day. Seulgi thinks otherwise, she probably didn't notice herself, but Joohyun talks about her day animatedly. Seulgi loves seeing Joohyun in her element. Heading an advertising agency is no easy feat but it's clear Joohyun loves her work.

Seulgi absently play with Joohyun's hair as she tells her tales from her day at the gallery, people watching is part of her day-to-day, she loved watching kids with curious eyes for paintings, the old man who comes in at ten in the morning to look at a certain abstract art for fifteen minutes before going about his day, and the many others from all walks of life coming to discover what an art gallery has in-stored for them.

The low hum of Joohyun breathe, the rising and falling of her chest, her head resting beneath her chin and the hint of lavender scent uniquely of Joohyun lulls Seulgi. This is the kind of familiarity Seulgi will never have enough.

They snuggle in content silence watching the snow fall, sharing a warm cup of chocolate, and a Honne song playing in the background- this one Seulgi recognizes as one of Joohyun's favorites.

Joohyun started humming low to the song with her eyes closed, and Seulgi takes it as an opportunity to study her in close proximity, something she did a thousand times before but can never get enough. She's memorized these features, tattooed on her mind. There's her long lashes, the perfect slope of her nose, cheeks always soft to the touch, and inviting lips that glistened through the warm light. Joohyun still had her breathless by just being this close. Seulgi squeezes her tight, basking in this surreal reality of having Joohyun in her arms.

Joohyun fluttered her eyes open, looking up to directly meet Seulgi's boring gaze as she moves closer, singing lowly to the song she's grown to love listening to, their lips just a breathe away.

"I can't get you all that stuff,

but I can give you all my love.

Free love.

Free love.

Are the simple things enough?

I got to give you all my love.

Free love.

Free love.

Oh, free love."

As the song ends, Joohyun closes the gap between their lips, placing a tender kiss on Seulgi's warm ones, leaving her with tingling sensations.

"Happy birthday, love."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note :

A really short prompt that I'd regret not to write. I hope you enjoyed this one. Happy Seulgi Day!

also, maybe you'd like to share the links or donate. Personal campaign for a family member.

 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BeKindPH/status/1470974264341790722?t=HqSD4UQv5D0U0DavgQ6ysA&s=19

GoGetFunding: https://goget.fund/3pGl68F