01.

Incertitude of memories.

“Open your eyes.” 

 

Somehow in an instant her eyes shot open like she was trapped in a nightmare. Her vision is still blurry— effect of the drowsiness taking over. To her perpetual view, a person is standing right beside the edge of the bed. 

 

Her mind seemed to have malfunction the moment she recognized who the visitor is. Strange, She isn’t supposed to remember anything.

 

“Stop looking at me like you’ve seen a ghost.” She rooted back to reality after hearing the visitor say. 

 

You can’t remember her name. 

 

You know her though. 

 

For the first time in a long time you heard her voice. Her facial features didn’t change one bit. 

 

“Apologies for staring for too long. What is your business?” She managed to at least talk in formality despite many things circling inside her head. 

 

“I was…. asked to take care of you.” There was a slight pause in her sentence. The owner of the room didn’t have the time to mind it. 

 

She gripped on the bed sheet, biting her lower lip, wanting to know if she— herself will allow or get the familiar face out of here. 

 

“Until when?” 

 

“Whenever you want me to leave.” She responded back in a unchanging voice. She knows her answer and is sure of what she has decided. 

 

“And if I tell you to leave now?” Although hypothetical, she couldn’t ignore how she almost stumbled in disbelief. 

 

“You wouldn’t do that.” Now her confidence is showing. This woman is indeed full of surprises. 

 

“If you say so.” 

 

“Before I forget…” She inhaled a bit before finishing, “Noze.” Introductions are always a must no matter how familiar. 

 

“Rozalin.” 

 

So that’s her name— she knows now.