Chapter 1

Love and Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"You can't be serious, manager-nim"

Yongsun and Moonbyul looked at each other at the same time and rolled their eyes, still in sync despite their mutual hate for each other.

Off stage, it is no secret to their staffs and members just how much these two despise each other. It's mostly Yongsun finding something about Moonbyul that she doesn't like even though Moonbyul is just minding her own business. The way she does things is just so annoying to Yongsun. Moonbyul, at first, find Yongsun annoying too but still tried to get along well with her, especially when it came to her knowledge that she will be the leader of the group. But no matter what she do, she just somehow keep on getting to Yongsun's nerves so she just stopped trying altogether. Now it's like they never miss a chance to come at each other's throat when the opportunity presents itself. One would think they would get along well because their personalities are just so alike but the opposite happened instead. They just constantly overlap one another and neither of them are backing down resulting to their messy conflicts most of the time. Their complicated relationship led them to discover their talent for acting, for they can never act hostile with each other on stage in front of the fans. Despite not liking each other, both are still very professional and willing to put aside all their differences in order to give only the best performance for their fans.

It is getting more and more difficult for Yongsun these days however, for Moonbyul already made the stage her own throne; taking advantage of the audience to get into her nerves even more. Moonbyul discoverd that she is invincible as long as she remains in the public eye, where Yongsun couldn't lash out on her. Tormenting Yongsun has since become the most entertaining thing for Moonbyul, which all led them to their manager's office one morning.

"I'm very much serious in here, Yongsun. The fans are freaking out. People are talking about Mamamoo. You two are attracting a lot of exposure for the group. Do you know just how much these shots boosted our sales compared to your previous comebacks?" their manager held up their Dispatch pictures showing their stolen shots together when Moonbyul was disguised as a guy for the MV they were shooting. Yongsun shook her head, why did she ever agree to prank the Dispatch? Yongsun just have this penchant for doing crazy things and it just seemed so funny at that time that she even bugged Moonbyul to just went along with the prank. It was one of the rare times that they agreed to do something fun together. She knew it would come to haunt her one day, she just didnt expect that one day will come sooner than she expected.

"Your chemistry together, it brings exposure to the group. Dont get me wrong, Yongsun. I have no doubt in my heart that all of your talent deserves recognition, but we are just in a small company, we have to use every opportunity coming our way. Do you two understand what I'm saying?" with their manager firmly gripping both their shoulders, Yongsun just heaved a sigh and nod her head. She do understand what their manager is trying to say and being the leader of the group, Yongsun more than anyone, wanted their group to succeed. If pretending to be very close with Moonbyul is what they had to do to get people to notice them, then so be it. Moonbyul, on the other hand, is clearly fighting the urge to grin like a chesire cat. She sure is enjoying this turn of events. Who knew playfully teasing Yongsun would yield fruitful results?

"We understand, manager-nim." with a glare shooting towards Moonbyul, Yongsun took the initiative to answer for the both of them.

"Excellent. Now, you two..." their manager shuffled the scattered Dispatch pictures and put it aside to clear the table. "...are gonna live together."

Confusion was painted all over their faces for a second. They're already living together, along with their other co-trainee and now their co-member Hyejin, and Wheein would practically count too because of her frequent visits even though she's living in her aunt's house in Seoul. They're not quiet following with what their manager said. Seeing this look in both their faces, their manager explained further.

"I mean, like just the two of you. Together. Alone."

"What? / Excuse me?" Yongsun and Moonbyul exclaimed at the same time.

"Don't be too horrified, girls." their manager rubbed her eyes out of exasperation. She knew convincing them would be problematic. It was one thing for them to live altogether in their rooftop rooms as a group, but actually living together with just the tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter