dot

rawness of an illicit affair

"wink if jenlisa is real."

 

as if things couldn't get any worse, roseanne, aside from saying it with the straightest face she's ever seen the latter do, said it on live television. what they're basically doing right now, all of it, is recorded and broadcasted to millions of people around the globe.

 

jennie wasn't just flustered, she was embarrassed. she knew how delusional their fans could be, but roseanne, her actual girlfriend, mocking the same fans that have been supporting them for years is such an impulsive thing to do, heck it could do irreparable damage to their career.

 

and they can get punished for it by the company, by YG.

 

oh the devil.

 

and so, she fakes a laugh.

 

she knows it's so fake the fans will catch on to her lie, but hey, it's not too late to save the whole thing from being a disaster that's about to blow up in their faces.

 

"what the hell were you thinking?" jennie mutters. the camera already panned away from them and is now focused on jisoo and lisa's direction. it's a relief, however temporary.

 

"that's the point. i wasn't thinking at all." roseanne, faking a smile after.

 

"then why the hell did you do that?"

 

"they were spamming the comment section!" roseanne replies, careful as to not open too wide to garner suspicion.

 

they're arguing in a not so appropriate time. this is a live broadcast and sooner or later, the fans will see that something is wrong. unless they're creating a scenario in their heads where she and lisa are making out somewhere backstage after their concerts way back in 2019 (something that she did with roseanne obviously), they wouldn't notice and pray to god they should be or else they're doomed to the company and the public.

 

"you're insane." jennie hits roseanne's arm with her elbow in the subtlest manner she could do.

 

"our fans are much crazier." followed with a snort, roseanne hits her back. "here comes the camera, fake a smile baby."

 

the camera pans to their direction and jennie swears she could no longer count the number of times she faked a smile in this comeback interview.

 

she glanced at roseanne to see the latter looking rather enthusiastically at the comment section, as if the latter wasn't just mocking their fans earlier. jennie has no choice but to play along and so she gives the fans what they want, a beaming gummy smile, showing the whiteness of her teeth; a pretend symbolism of rawness or something that's supposed to be real.

 

let them think it's lisa that she wants.

 

let them, and she and roseanne can play outside the rules without someone being suspicious of their bond. behind close doors, it's jennie and roseanne.

 

no one will ever know. they're great actors.

 

all idols are and should be.

 

--

 

this is just so random and based on actual events with a little twist i made up in my head. i hope no one gets offended *crosses fingers*. i was also thinking of writing a back story on this one so let me know your thoughts! :)