Moving On

Soon We'll Be Found

Third pov 


Chaeyoung finally wakes up and wonders why she's in the hospital. She saw Nayeon Unnie is sleeping beside her. 

"Unnie?" she wakes up her Unnie. 


"Chaeyoung, you are finally awake. Thank God!" she hugged Chaeyoung and started crying. 


"Unnie, why am I here? What happened? And where are mom, dad, and Jeong hoon? The nurse said, mom, dad, and Jeoghoon need me," she started to stand up, but her body was still weak because she had been sleeping for days. 

"Chaeyoung, calm down. I'll take you to your parents and brother, okay? But please listen to me" Nayeon deeply sighs and prepares herself to tell everything to Chaeyoung. It's so hard for Nayeon to say the truth, knowing that Chaeyoung might collapse again. It's never easy to tell your friends or loved ones that someone died because of an accident. 

"Okay, when you found out that your parents got into an accident, you collapsed because of that. And you were sleeping for ten days now" she once again hugs Chaeyoung. 


"Okay, but where are my parents and brother?" 


"Chaeyoung.. baby.. they-" 


"Unnie, what!" Chaeyoung angrily shouts to Nayeon 

"Please, Unnie. Tell me they are still alive that they are just outside buying some foods. Would you please tell me that? We still have a vacation in Jeju, remember? Please, I'm begging you, Unnie, please, I'm begging you," she begged Nayeon, and Nayeon just held and started to cry. Chaeyoung already knows the answer because Mina told her that she needed to be healthy while she was sleeping, and Mina told Chaeyoung that her parents would take care of the funeral. She always heard Minas voice talking to her and her friends. She just can't accept the fact that her family is now gone. 

"They are now in a safe place, Chaeyoung. They are now in heaven, watching you while you are sleeping. Maybe they are the reason why you wake up now." Nayeon caressing Chaeyoung's hair. "please be strong, Chaeyoung. Always remember that Unnie/we are still here for you, okay? 

Chayoung didn't cry. She doesn't have the energy to cry. She is just feeling numb and pain at the same time. 

"Take me to them, Unnie," she said in a plain tone. 

"Okay, wait for me. I'll just inform the nurse that you are finally awake." Nayeon immediately runs to the nurse and informs them that Chaeyoung is finally awake. 


Nayeon is just looking at Chaeyoung because she's worried that Chaeyoung might collapse again when she sees her parents at the funeral. 

They arrive at the place where Chaeyoung's parents' funeral is. Chaeyoung was rushing to get out and didn't wait for Nayeon to guide her. 

"Chaeyoung wait, let me guide you-" 

"Unnie, I'm okay. Would you please let me be? please," Chaeyoung said 

Chaeyoung continues to walk without Nayeon Unnie's help. While she was walking, she saw her friends looking at her with a surprised face and Mina. She just ignores it because all she wants to do now is see her family. On the other hand, Mina likes to help Chaeyoung, but Nayeon signals her that Chaeyoung is okay. 

Chayoung finally reaches her family. She welcomes her mom, dad, and her brother's Big picture. Suddenly her knees become weak. 

"oh God... mom? Dad? Jeonghoon?" she started to cry hard. 

"w-why? Why did you guys leave me here alone? This is so unfair! Please tell me this is all a big joke tell me!" 

Her friends are also crying because this is the first time they see Chaeyoung crying. Chaeyoung is not that open to them. She always chooses to show her happy and bubbly side. 

"How can I live without you guys? Please come back, please, mom, dad, Jeong hoon! Please don't leave me here alone. I'm scared. Please, I'm afraid to be alone. Tell me this is just a dream!" she started to hit her chest so hard. Nayeon saw it and ran to her. 

"Chaeyoung, stop!" she hugged her tight so that Chaeyoung could stop hitting herself. "I'm still here. Unnie is still here. I will not leave you." 

"Unnie, how am I supposed to live now? They are my life. Unnie, please let me go. I won't go there with them!" she pushes Nayeon and tries to run, but Jeongyeon holds her wrist and pulls her into a hug. 

"Chaeyoung shh shh, calm down, baby cub, just calm down please" she's too strong and locking her with a hug so, Chaeyoung can't free herself. "I know it's hard for you, but we are still here. Chaeng, we can't afford to lose you. W-we are your family" Jeongyeon's voice cracked because she didn't expect that her best friend is now losing her will to live. 

"we will not leave you, Chaeng. We are your family now." they are both crying so hard, and her friends come to them and give a group hug. 

They are all concerned about Chaeyoung because they know she doesn't have any family members. Especially Nayeon, she knows that this will not be an easy journey. 

Chaeyoung fell asleep on Jeongyeon's arm. They decided to drive her to Nayeon's house. Her bodyguards carry her to her room. 

"Thank you, Jeong," Nayeon said while caressing Chaeyoung's hair. 

"she's going through a lot. First, Mina and then now her family is.." she can't continue her words, and she's now crying, "she doesn't deserve any of this." 

Nayeon gets up and goes to Jeongyeon and hugs her. 

"I know, so from now on, we need to take care of Chaeyoung and show her that we are not going to leave her. We need to be strong for her, Jeongyeon." 

They both stay like that. After that moment, Jeong decided to go home and rest because tomorrow is Chaeyoung's family will be buried tomorrow. 

 

Today Chaeyoung's family will bury. Chaeyoung didn't want to attend. She just stays in Nayeon's house with Nayeon. They all respect Chaeyoung's decision, and they understand. Mina and her parents mourn, especially her mom, because Chaeyoung's mom and Mina's mom are best friends. 

"Sun-yungah, are you going to leave me for real? Yah! How about the wedding of our daughter? I can't do it alone, Sunyungah. Please come back," Mina's mom broke down. She understands her mom because they have been best friends since high school. 

"I promise that I'll take care of our daughter Chaeyoung. I'll never leave her, Sun-yungah. I promise that I'll watch her till I die. I love you so much, my sister and best friend and partner in crime. Goodbye for now" Sachiko hug and kiss the gravestone. Akira tapped Sachiko's shoulder to tell her that they needed to go now. 

"Mom, Dad, go first. I'll see you later at my place. I have something to tell you too." 

"Okay, be quick," she nods. 

When her parents are gone, Mina kneels and cries. She's crying so hard. She held it till morning because she needed to be strong for her mom and Chaeyoung. Her guiltiness is eating her. 

"Mom, dad, and little bro, I'm so sorry," she said while holding her chest because it hurts so much. 

"Forgive me. I hurt Chaeyoung so bad. I lied to all of you." she's now sobbing so hard. "I'm sorry, mom, I broke my promise to you. I'm sorry" Mina is just saying sorry to them even if she knows that they can't hear her. She's crying for almost an hour now, and she feels tired. 

"mom, dad, and little bro, I'm not going to promise anymore. I'll take care of Chaeyoung and love her for the rest of my life. I'll make sure that she's not going to feel pain, and I will not hurt her. Goodbye guys, I am going to miss you." her driver fetches her and drives her to their condominium. 

Mina confessed to her parents what she did to Chaeyoung, and they got mad at Mina and told her that she needed to fix it now or her mom will tell Chaeyoung. Little did they know that Chaeyoung was already found out a year ago. 

"tell her in the right time Mina not now. Please, she's my daughter too. She's suffering. If you hurt her again, just let her go but tell her the truth" her mom said she Was just crying. She knows that her mom is now more sensitive to Chaeyoung because Sachiko feels responsible for Chaeyoung. After all, it's her best friend's daughter. 


Mina's parents spent the night in her place. When the morning came, they decided to visit Chaeyoung before going home. Mina and her parents arrive at Nayeon's house. As soon as they arrive, Mina tells Nayeon that her parents want to see Chaeyoung before leaving. Nayeon goes up stair and sighs before she knocks. 

"Chaeng baby, Mina's parents are here wants to see you." 

She hears no response and sighs again. She says to mina's parents that they need to go to her room because Chaeyoung didn't leave her room since that day. 

"Chaeyoung? It's mom and dad. We want to see you before we go home," Sachiko said. She turned the knob and opened the door. She already saw Chaeyoung is lying facing the window. She told Akira that she would handle it alone and wait for her down the stairs. Sachiko lay down next to Chaeyoung and hugged her. She hugs Chaeyoung so tight that she feels Chaeyoung is now crying. 

"it's okay, honey, you can cry. Mom is here." Chaeyoung turned, facing her, and she buried her face to her mom Sachiko. 

"they left me too soon, mom" Chaeyoung cried so hard. Sachiko is also crying because she can also feel Chaeyoung's pain. She knows that Chaeyoung is in her weakest state right now. 

"oh, my Daughter," she kissed Chaeyoung's forehead, "we need to be strong, Chaeng. You need to be strong. I know it will be hard, but you're not alone, okay? We are here for you. Mom, dad, and Mina are always here for you, okay? Don't forget that. 

Chaeyoung didn't say anything. She was just crying and crying until she fell asleep. Sachiko pulls her arm and fixes Chaeyoung's blanket. She looked at Chaeyoung once again and kissed her forehead before she left. 

"Chaeyoung fell asleep. She's tired from crying," Sachiko said while going down the stairs. 

"are you ready to go now, Yeobo?" Akira asked 

"Yes. And Nayeon, please take care of our daughter, huh? And thank you for being there for her. I know that the only person she wants to talk to is you. So please be patient with her until she gets better," Sachiko smiled. 

"yes, auntie. Don't worry. I'll take care of her. Take care on your way home, please." 

Mina's parents are already gone. Mina and Nayeon are now preparing for their dinner. 

"Mina, did you already talk to Chaeyoung?" Nayeon said while cooking without looking at her 

"n-not yet, Unnie," Mina said in a nervous tone. 

"why" 

"I'm scared, Unnie. We are not in a good term for a year. Maybe Chaeyoung doesn't want to see me," Mina said. She doesn't know why she felt like that. 

"After we cook, bring this to her and talk to her. She needs you, Mina. Set aside whatever your issues are." 

 

___________&