Her

Soon We'll Be Found

Third pov 


Mina asks herself, How can she not notice that someone was standing there and watching them. That voice gives a shiver to her body. Calling her name with the voice owner makes her want to cry. It's been eight years it's been eight years since the last she saw that person. She changed. She looks so much better now. 

"Mommy, this is Katarina, and it's cool because we have the same name, right?" Mina quickly stood up and hugged Chaeyoung. 

"C-Chaeyoung" Chaeyoung hugged her back. 

"h-how are you? How have you been?" Mina is just crying while still hugging Chaeyoung 

"I will tell you later, okay?" she caressed Mina's hair and chuckled, "but first, let's go home because Katarina is already tired, plus Mom and dad are waiting for us. We went to Mom and dad's house because when I asked your daughter about her Mom and dad, she told me that her Mom's name is Myoui Mina. I drove her to Mom and dad's house, but they were not there, so I called them, and they told me that you stayed here, waiting for Kataria so-" Chaeyoung didn't finish her words when Mina hugged her again. 

"Thank you, Chaeyoung. Thank you for bringing my daughter back." 

"let's go now. I know you are tired too." 

While on their way to Mina's parents, an awkward atmosphere lingers, but no one dares to speak, but Chaeyoung spoke first. 

"So Mina, why are you not calling her dad? Maybe he was still worried," she asked Mina, not looking at her and just focusing on the road. 

"her dad died since she was two years old" Mina looked at the window, remembering what happened to Katarina's father. 

"I am sorry, Mina. I didn't mean to." 

"it's okay, Chaeng" Mina looked at her and gave a reassuring smile that she was okay. 

"how about you, Chaeyoung? How are you?" 

"I'm better than before, Mina. I came home last week because Nayeon Unnie needs to see her parents, and I told her that we can stay here for good so she can see her parents whenever she wants to and take care of their companies here." 

"Welcome home, Chaeyoung" they stay silent on their way after that conversation. 

They arrived at Mina's parent's house, and they saw Mina's parents look so worried while waiting outside. When they got out outside the 

"oh my god, Katarina, baby, are you okay?" Mina's Mom goes straight to Katarina and her granddaughter. 

"I'm okay, grandma. Auntie Katarina saved me" she looked at Chaeyoung, and her parents were confused why Katarina Called her 'Katarina.' 

"Katarina? Your English name? So you are using your English name now?" Mina's dad asked her 

"Yes, dad," she scratches her nape, "I used to give my name as Katarina, but I'm still using Chaeyoung dad." 

"isn't it so cool that Mina's daughter's name is Katarina and your English name is Katarina?" her Mom is in awe. 

"A-ah yes, mom," Chaeyoung said because she didn't know how to react to that question. On the other side, Mina was blushing and hiding her face. Little did they know that Mina had known Chaeyoung's English name since they were a kid, and she is the reason why Chaeyoung found out about her English name. 

"Okay, I prepared a dinner for us. Let's go inside and eat." 

Mina's parents prepared a simple dinner for them. It's been how many years since the last time they are all gathered like this. While eating, they asked a lot about Chaeyoung. 

"so Chaeyoung, do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend now?" her dad asked, and Chaeyoung gulp to that question. 

"I was dating a girl before dad, but we broke up" she then continues chewing her food and feels nervous about this conversation. 

Mina is just listening to them and listening so well to information about Chaeyoung. She listened to every detail about her because she had no idea where Chaeyoung had been or how she was because she chose not to interfere with Chaeyoung 5 years ago. She decided to let Chaeyoung be for their own peace of mind. 

They continued talking about Chaeyoung and her life in America. Mina's parents were surprised about how Chaeyoung worked so hard when she was still in America. She even told them that she had owned a company in the US. Chaeyoug did so well in America because she worked non-stop. She fought and stood up when she was in the hole. She fought so hard so that she could live. But even if she's successful now and has everything she wants, she will never forget how hard she has been through without her family. That is the only thing she will never forget. 

"Mom, dad, and Mina, It's already late. I need to go now because Nayeon Unnie is already waiting for me," Chaeyoung's alibi. She is lying. She wants to get out of the topic because once they start talking about her family, she will break down, and she doesn't want that, especially in front of them. 

"I'll tell Nayeon that you stay here for tonight," Mina's dad said and is about to fetch his phone, but Chaeyoung stopped him. 

"No, dad, it's okay. I'll visit here next time, I promised. And besides, we have a plan for tonight." 

"hmmm, okay, okay, Mina, walk Chaeyoung outside." 

"Okay, mom" 

Mina walked Chaeyoung into her car. She doesn't know if she will hug Chaeyoung before she leaves or let her leave. Before Chaeyoung went inside her car, Mina called her. 

"thank you, Chaeyoung, for today. Thank you." 

"you are welcome, Mina." Chaeyoung is opened her car door and ready to go inside, but Mina hold her hand 

"Chae," she looked at Mina with a confused eye. 

"hmm? What is it, Mina?" 

"i... Uhm," Mina didn't know what to say. She just wants to hug Chaeyoung, but she doesn't know how to do it. 

"I know you want a hug." Chaeyoung chuckled "you are still the same." 

She pulled Mina and hugged her. Mina's heart is beating so fast. This was the hug she had been longing for a long time. 

"I need to go now, Mina. Goodnight" Chaeyoung pulls the hug and smiles at her. 

"Okay, take care on your way Chaeng." 

She wants more. She wants more of Chaeyoung's attention, but she doesn't have the right to demand more. She couldn't do anything and just watched Chaeyoung's car disappear. 

"it's okay, self. You can see her now often because she's finally home." 

She walked inside and saw her Mom preparing to leave. 

"where are you going, Mom? "watching her Mom putting a vegetable and other food in a paper bag. 

"I know where she's going" 

"who?" 

"Chaeyoung. I asked Nayeon if she and Chaeng had some important plan to do, but she said that Chaeyoung told her that she would stay here so, she was lying. She will go to their house" Mina is confused right now. 

"and? I don't get it. It's their house, Mom. She needs some time alone." 

"can you stop asking me and go there already? I can't drive at night, and your dad is already sleepy." she's now done preparing the food and dragging me in the car. 

"ah, and Mina, can we stop in the grocery store because my ingredients are not enough to cook her favorite food." 

Mina can't do anything but follow what her Mom is saying. 

Chaeyoung's pov 

I lied to them. I just don't want to show them my other side because I don't want them to worry. They've done enough to me. After that dinner, I go straight here to our old house. I parked my car and went inside. This house never changed because I told the housekeeper not to move or touch anything and let the staff in the same spot. I'm roaming around the house, and It feels so good. The old memories are here. I feel like my old self is coming back. The last time I went here was nine years ago. I miss them. I miss my family. 

I went to our rooms one by one until I stopped here in my parent's room. The wall is still the same, and our picture is still hanging there. I sat on the bed, opened the cabinet beside, and saw our photo album full of pictures. I smiled while turning the page, but I broke down in tears when I saw my Mom's picture kissing me. Despite all these years, the pain is still here. A part of me is still lost, and I'm wondering if I will ever get back. 

I close the album and wipe my tears and get down. I am trying to be strong. I'm trying so hard to live, but there is a time that I really don't have the will to live. 

When I got down, I heard my Mom is calling my name. It's like the old time that she would call me when it was time to eat. As my therapist said, I know it's just my imagination, but I follow that voice and go to the kitchen. I saw her—my Mom. My Mom is standing there preparing our meal, and dad is putting a plate on our table and calling me. There he is. My little brother is annoying them like the old time. I know this is only my imagination, but I go to them. I hugged them one by one and told them that I missed them so much. My therapy said I could see them because I'm too emotional, so I needed to ignore it and bring myself back to reality, but now, my mind is eating me alive. 

I just stood by them, and they are now looking at me. 

"I know you guys are watching me, but I wish you guys were doing it from down here instead. Mom, dad, and bro, no matter how many years go by, the pain is still here." I chuckled and sat at the chair. I lean my head on the table staring at them, and they are just looking at me while smiling. 

"Mom, I miss the foods you made. No one can make food the way you made it, Mom." 

I can't hold it anymore. My tears won't stop falling. 

"I am still lost, Mom, dad, and bro. I feel like I lost my piece, and maybe that piece is in heaven with you guys, and someday you can put it back in me, and I will be whole again" I am fighting my imagination because I don't want to go back to that hole again. I closed my eyes and tried to get back to reality and tell them one more thing. 

"but don't worry, the loss of you guys made me strong. I became an independent young woman who wanted to do it all on her own. I love that I became strong, but I hate that I had to lose you guys to do it. I promise that I will become stronger. I love you so many guys, and I miss you." 

I tried to open my eyes, and they were gone. I immediately stand up, go to the living room and lie on the sofa. I'm just staring at the ceiling don't know how to feel but pain. I want to see them, but I need to fight. I need to live because they will experience what I've experienced for eight years if I die, and I don't want that. 

"I'm proud of you self. You survived. It alone your episode" I tried to close my eyes and sleep. 

Third pov 

Mina and her Mom arrive and Chaeyoung's old house. And all the lights were open, and Mom was right. Chaeyoung is here. 

"Mom, what are you doing?" 

"Sun-young had a duplicate key inside the birdhouse." and her Mom found the key and hung it in her finger. 

"I'll handle it alone, Mina. Just stay in the car or just hide because you know Chaeyoung doesn't want her vulnerable side to others" her Mom goes inside without her answer. 

Mina is stubborn, so she goes inside to find her Mom and Chaeyoung. Suddenly she heard Chaeyoung and her Mom Crying in the living room, and she tried to peak and listen to them. 

"I know that you will go here, Chaeyoung." Mina's Mom sitting on the floor and wiping Chaeyoung's tears 

"Chaeyoung, always remember that I, your dad Akira and Mina are always here when you feel like you are sad because we love you we really do, and there are times that we are like you Chaeng, but we are here for each other" 

"Mom, I don't like to show my weakest side anymore. I want to be strong, but I am just lying to myself because the truth is, I am lost, Mom. I will forever be lost without them." 

"I know, honey. I know that you will forever feel that so am I. your Mom is like my real sister, and when she left us." Sachiko's voice cracked. "I have no one, Chaeyoung. I know Akira and Mina are there, but your Mom is different. She was my rock and my strength Chaeyoung. She was the one mold me into a better version of myself, so please, we can get through this Chaeyoung. Let's have each other's back, okay? Promise me" 

On the other side, Mina was leaning on the wall and crying. She knows how Chaeyoung suffered, but she was not the one who was there beside her. She leaves the living room and waits outside. After an hour, she saw her Mom walking closer to the car and hopping in. 

"how's Chaeyoung?" 

"she fell asleep. I cooked her favorite food and some dishes so she can carry it to Nayeon's house." 

"I am sorry to eavesdrop on you guys before Mom. And I'm sorry that we can't fill auntei Sun-young's presence," Mina said while pulling her Mom into a hug. 

"it's okay, my daughter. The most important thing to me now is I have you and your dad, Katarina and Chaeyoung." her Mom kissed her forehead "let's go home now. Your dad is waiting" Mina nodded and started the engine. Before she leaves, she looks at the house. 

"Have a nice sleep Chaeng. Goodnight"