five

MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

**

 

After Aeri was cleared at the hospital the family drove her back home to their mansion. Yeji said she'll still have weekly check-ups for her progress. Everyone in the family was excited about Aeri's home coming. 

 

It was Yuta, Aeri's brother who drove them back home. When they arrived at the mansion the maids were all waiting for them at the front door. They welcomed Aeri with big smiles on their faces.

 

"Welcome back home Miss Aeri." Minjeong the daughter of the head mistress bowed. Aeri smiled as she looked at the girl. She was on a wheelchair with Karina pushing her inside. 

"Thank you." Aeri answered as they went in. 

 

--

 

After having their lunch Karina helped Aeri to her room. She still can't walk and her right arm is still in a cast. They hired a private nurse for Aeri but she won't be there until the weekends. 

 

"Aeri? Are you okay?" Karina asked once Aeri was perfectly lying on the bed. Karina had been nothing but a doting fiancée to her. She helped Aeri eat, wiped Aeri's face, she was doing everything to help Aeri. 

“Yes thank you Karina.” Aeri smiled

 

They were just staring at each other with smiles on their faces until Karina broke the eye contact. She got up ready to leave. “I really miss this Aeri. I missed you.” She spoke when she turned to look at Aeri.

“Aren’t we like this before?” Aeri asked clueless. Karina shook her head.

“We were..” She paused “Before.” She leaned down to place a kiss on Aeri’s forehead. “Take a rest I’ll be taking my leave. I still need to go back to the hospital.” Karina smiled at her.

“Okay take care of yourself Karina.” Aeri reached for Karina’s hand “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

--

 

Aeri was lying on her bed when a knock on her door interrupted her peace. She said a small hum before the door opened revealing Minjeong smiling at her. Aeri shifted a bit on her bed before smiling back at the younger girl.

 

“Miss Uchinaga there’s someone who wants to see you here.” Minjeong said shyly hanging her head low after.

“Oh really? Who is it?” Aeri asked enthusiastically. Her eyes sparkling a little bit knowing she has a visitor.

“I’ll call her Miss Uchinaga.” Minjeong bowed before leaving Aeri’s room again.

 

It wasn’t long when Aeri’s door opened again. She was a bit surprised when she saw a short-haired girl enter it. Aeri looked lost while the other girl in the room smiled at her.

 

“Hi Aeri.” The short-haired girl greeted walking towards Aeri’s bed carefully. “I heard from Karina about what happened.” Her smile fell.

“Yeah. I’m sorry I don’t really remember you.” Aeri’s face was apologetic. “Are we friends before?” Her face was full of curiosity.

“I am Ryujin.” Ryujin said taking the seat in front of Aeri’s bed. “I am so glad you’re alive Aeri.” Aeri’s mouth formed an O shape. “It to know you don’t remember anything but don’t worry we will help you.” Ryujin smiled.

“Ryujin?” Ryujin pulled something from her pocket revealing her wallet. She looked at Aeri smiling at her.

“I’m your bestfriend idiot.” She jokingly said as she pulled the photo from her wallet. “Look at us here.” Ryujin showed a photo of them two in a helicopter. Aeri’s eyes widen but she soon smiled so brightly.

“I…I am a pilot?” She picked the photo from Ryujin’s hand and looked at it more carefully. Ryujin just nodded watching as Aeri scanned their photo. Deep inside her heart was in pity for Aeri’s current condition.

 

--

 

“Hello babe? Yeah I’m on my way home.” Ryujin told someone over the phone. She looked one last time at the Uchinaga’s mansion before starting her car’s engine. “I visited Aeri today.” There was silence before Ryujin spoke again. “It’s bad.. she doesn’t remember anything.” Ryujin sighed as she drove off. “Let’s keep it this way for now. We don’t want to make things more complicated. I love you babe. I’ll hang up now.”

 

--

 

MORE WEEKS LATER

 

“Now Aeri we will try if you could stand without the help of your crutches. You need to be careful okay?” Dr. Kang, Aeri’s orthopedic said while holding her chart. Karina who just finished her rounds in the hospital was watching from the side of the room.

“I..uh okay.” Aeri slowly stood up by herself. She was doing it slowly but was able to stand.

“Yeah that is wonderful Aeri!” Dr. Kang praised clapping her hands “I told you Karina she can do it. Alright, Ms. Shin help her.” Yuna, Aeri’s nurse helped her sat down again. “We can’t force you with this Aeri so we need to take it slowly alright.” Aeri nodded “You won’t be using crutches anymore but I want you to be careful and take things slow okay?”

“Thank you Dr. Kang.”

“I’ll be taking my leave then. Yeji will be here any minute.” Dr. Kang passed by Karina with a smile.

“Thanks Seulgi.” Karina said.

 

When Dr. Kang and Yuna were out of the room Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter