Innocent?

Who is the devil?

 

My heart pounded as I walked down the almost deserted hallway. My mind drifted back to the conversation I overheard.

“Hey, have you heard about it?” A blonde girl with obscenely short skirt asked the equally ty-looking brunette next to her. “What?” The brunette asked, finally willing to stop  up her already insanely thick makeup and turned her attention to the blonde.

I kept my eyes focused on my reflection on the mirror, with my ears perked up.

“Some idiot ratted on Woohyun for the tweets yesterday.” The blonde smirked. The brunette, after a moment of thinking, reflected the same smirk. “Wow, someone actually had the nerve to do that.”

“Heard that Mr Kim is going to make him stay back and clean the classrooms after school for one whole month.” The blonde continued. “That .” The brunette grimaced.

I bent down, as I pretended to look for my hair-clip. My long, silky black hair covered my face from their sight. Asking me not to smirk at this good news would be such a torture.

“That’s not all though. He --" The blonde stopped as she glanced over at me. In other circumstances, I would obediently take the cue to leave, but my curiosity forced me to stay rooted. "It's okay, this little lamb here won't say anything out." The brunette assured the blonde, the little lamb referring to me. As much as I hate names like these, I couldn't deny that it can be helpful at certain times.

"It's supposed to be a secret. He has got the culprit.” The blonde continued. The brunette’s eyes brightened instantly. “I smell some drama~” The brunette sang with anticipation.

I stood up, hurriedly pulling my hair into a ponytail before making my way out of the washroom now that I have gotten what I want. My heart started pumping at a slightly higher speed as I registered the words from the blonde.

"He has got the culprit."

No way is that dumb kingka going to find out that I did it.

 

“Yah, Song TaeNa, what took you so long?” SooJi whined as I made my way towards her, shoving through the sea of noisy students in the cafeteria.

I guess you can call SooJi my best friend. Despite knowing each other for only a year, she is the only one who has managed to penetrate into my tightly-guarded heart, knowing even my deepest secrets. 

I felt the comfort around her that all others have failed to give. There is no façade in front of her, just the bare Song TaeNa. I find that she understands me better than myself sometimes. 

“SooJi, I overheard that Woohyun found the culprit.”

She sensed my slight worry instantly as her brows knitted into a small frown.

“Don’t worry, no way will he know that it’s you.” She assured coldly, before turning her attention back to her plate of spaghetti.

The thing is, I didn’t even tell her that I am indeed the behind this whole tweet incident that happened on our number one kingka. But she knew it. She has long knew about the existence of little devil TaeNa that comes out once in a while, committing deeds that people never thought I am capable of. She has even witnessed it first-hand.

I could still remember her reaction vividly, when she saw me in the act. Her already rather huge eyes widened to the extent that I was all ready to catch it if it happens to pop out from her eye sockets.


“Yah, Han SooJi, is this how you comfort your friend? Especially when I did it for you?” I asked jokingly, with a fake scowl painted on my supposedly innocent face.

She nodded her head nonchalantly. “I didn’t ask you to do that for me.”

As expected of my cold best friend.

“Really, really?” I asked as I started my series of aegyo attack on her. Pouts, puppy eyes and even the disgusting bunny aegyo that Woohyun always do.

“Please TaeNa, not that bunny aegyo!” Her facial features contorted in disgust.

“Then, say you love me.” I threatened with a cheeky grin. She let out a scoff. “No way.”

“Oh really?”

Challenge accepted.

 

“NO, SERIOUSLY ING STOP ALREADY, SONG TAENA!” She screamed as she avoided my approaching face like I am a monster or something. I ignored her supposed pleas as well as the stares we received from the crowd in the cafeteria and continued my bunny aegyo attack.

I won’t stop until I get what I want.

“Fine!” She huffed. “I love ––“
 

“I TOLD YOU IT’S NOT ME!” A scream drowned the ‘confession’ that I have been forcing out from SooJi for the past few minutes.

I groaned at my wasted effort. It's not going to be easy to make SooJi say those words again.

 All the attention turned to the source of the commotion, so did SooJi and I. The person was exactly who I expected to see.

The only person capable of producing such loud, high-pitched and irritating screech in this whole school – Lee Sungyeol, the trouble maker.

Sungyeol stood with his fists clenched on his sides, his eyes glaring right into Woohyun’s, with the latter reflecting the same expression. Their eyes burned with anger.

‘Drama time~’ I grasped the situation as I quickly hid the evil grin that my lips nearly formed. I can’t afford to ruin my innocent image at this point of time.

“If it’s not you, then who can it be?!” Woohyun shouted back, pushing his face closer to Sungyeol’s.

“THAT IS NOT MY ING PROBLEM!”

I covered my ears at the screech Sungyeol produced. ‘Stop freaking shouting!’ I shouted at the extremely tall boy in my head.

“Oh, the hell of course it is your ing problem! You are the only person who would hack into my twitter account, post all those tweets, and then inform Mr Kim you bastard!” Woohyun retorted with an equally loud voice.

That was when the load on my mind was lifted away. A scapegoat has appeared just when I needed one.

If it were others, I might feel guilty. But if it’s Lee Sungyeol, it’s a different story.

 

“Yah, Song TaeNa, I heard that you are good in Biology.” Sungyeol approached me with his biology homework in hand.

‘Oh god, please, no!’ I screamed in my head, praying for my prediction to be wrong for once. Apparently it didn't work.

“Do this for me.” He ordered as he shoved his homework to me. He didn’t even say ‘please’. Heck, his tone sounded nothing like a person asking for a favor. It sounded way more like an order.

‘What the hell do you take me for? A maid? A homework machine?!’

How I wanted to spat in his cute face.

“Can this be the last time?” I asked timidly, my head hung low.

“No.”

‘You bastard!’

His lips formed an amused smirk as he tilted his head down (damn him and his height), such that our eyes met. There was not a single bit of sorry, embarrassment, or anything along the line in his eyes. I was rather sure that he thinks that I should do his work for him.

“You should feel honored that I chose you to do it.” He stated arrogantly.

And I am right.

Sure, there are tons of girls queuing to do anything for him, including the homework, just so that they can get closer to the good-looking troublemaker.

But, please, I don’t have the slightest intention to join the queue.

Then again, what can I do?

I sighed as I kept the biology homework into my bag. I would never forget the triumphant smirk he gave as I silently agreed to be his homework machine

Song TaeNa might forgive, but she will never forget.

 

Even god is helping me.

The fact that Sungyeol just had a fight with Woohyun two days ago as well as Sungyeol’s reputation as the school’s prankster had slipped my mind the entire time.

I didn’t expect my plan to be so….

Awesome.

Two revenges in one.

Sweet.

 

“Yah, stop grinning like this. They will notice.” SooJi warned as she nudged me on my shoulders. I quickly kept the evil grin that has crept across my face without my knowledge.

“I will find the culprit and prove my innocence to you!” Sungyeol declared, with the whole crowd in the cafeteria as witnesses.

Woohyun gave a smug smirk before agreeing. “I will give you three days. If you can’t find the ‘culprit’... You will have apologize to me in front of the whole school and carry out the cleaning punishment that Mr Kim gave.”

“Deal.”

SooJi and I exchanged a look as I gulped.

No, I am definitely not worried for Sungyeol.

I am more worried for myself.

Sungyeol agreeing to this deal simply implies that I will have two people trying to track the culprit down, and Sungyeol would definitely do all it takes to dig me out.

I am in deep .