Chapter 15

Life is all about second chance

Siwon has no idea how he woke up next to his secretary. He was under super pressure for this big project in Jeju. He rushed here without thinking anything hearing the big problem caused the project to halt. He worked diligently without taking any rest. After solving the labor issues, he sighed in relief with a glass of wine. He wanted to text Hyukjae but he totally forgot and during his relaxing time he found his phone is out of battery. However, after putting the phone in charge, he found his secretary in front of him with a bottle of champagne. After 2 drinks, Siwon began to see Hyukjae everywhere. Hyukjae’s smile, his puppy eyes, his delicious pouty lips, his milky white skin, his so soft hair, his well-built body, his smooth skin, his shyness, his blush, his beautiful appearance with Siwon’s love marks. Siwon grabbed Hyukjae in a daze. Hyukjae is his. Only his. Siwon loves Hyukjae. Siwon loves everything about hyukjae. When next morning Siwon woke up feeling dirty, seeing his secretary beside him slap his sanity so hard. Siwon had so many problems when he entered his working life. His father had built a distrust of him regarding his judgment about choosing Hyukjae, a male lover. Then the pressure of being successful and keeping hyukjae his, everything got so messed up for Siwon without him knowing. And it’s entirely Siwon’s fault. He could have managed it, he could have taken guidance from his brother, and he could have shared the burden with hyukjae instead of releasing his stress so violently. But having control over Hyukjae always felt good in his uncontrolled stressed ed life. But right now, he is terrified of the present situation. He doesn’t actually remember what happened last night. But he does remember he was all over hyukjae. Did drunk him mistook his secretary as Hyukjae? His secretary, Yuri, is a decent beautiful girl. If he was not in love with Hyukjae, He may try his relationship with Yuri. But he loves Hyukjae and committed to him. Does it mean he cheated just now? Siwon can’t think anymore. All he wanted now is talking with Hyukjae.

Hyukjae woke up with the biggest headache. He cried himself to sleep and now it feels like his head is gonna explode. He checked his phone. He got stunned and end up crying again after seeing an anonymous text saying

"Why don't you control your boyfriend? He is spending the night with me while you are alone in your apartment. How pathetic are you? It proves how much of a gold digger you are. He doesn't love you, he maybe liked you out of curiosity. But now he knows and you still don't let him go. Think about it Mr. pathetic" with a lot of laughing emojis and picture attachment showing Siwon with a girl from the side of the bed.

He silenced the phone and tossed it on the other side of the bed. He went to Kyuhyun's apartment next door. A grumpy Kyu opened the door ready to yell but seeing Hyukjae’s eyes made him shut up completely. He took his friend in his hug and hyukjae broke down more. Kyu didn’t ask anything but guided him to the sofa. Yesung saw their state and signaled kyu that he will make breakfast. After 1 hour, there was no sound from Hyukjae, so Kyu made him lie down on the couch. He went to the kitchen and Yesung gave him a comforting hug. The last time kyu saw Hyukjae was this broken after his mom died. It is not a disappointed cry that Hyukjae did when Siwon created a problem unintentionally before starting to date. It is the complete broken status of Hyukjae.

“Kyu, let’s call Siwon.”

“No Hyung. I want to listen to Hyukjae first. I have never seen him this broken after his family died.”

“As you wish. Are you ok?”

“Honestly, no. Hyukjae is my brother. He is my only friend from school life. People tend to avoid me because I was a nerd and kinda self-centered. But Hyukjae Hyung helped me to have a human world till you came into my life. I insisted Hyung take chance with Siwon. Why? To see him this much broken?” -He is on verge of tears.

“Kyu, Siwon has been with him for more than 4 years now. Couples are bound to have problems. We also have problems, right?

“But not to the point that Hyuk gets that much broken”

“Hyuk was always fragile. Maybe he is overreacting for some reason. After all, he only has us and Siwon to show every reaction.”

“Hyung! What are you talking about? You know very well that he opened up to Siwon after so many difficulties. He is a person who likes to bottle up his feelings. If he has only us to show his emotions, that means he is hurting too much. I am with him for the longest period. I know him very well.”

“You, yourself a baby” -Yesung chuckled hoping to lighten the mood. “I am not a baby, hyung. I am mature enough. I matured in high school too, so people used to avoid me. I am mature enough to lead a life with you against society. I am mature enough to get adequate income even before graduation.”

“Where this is coming from?”- Yesung asked annoyed.

“Just don’t say anything about hyuk before listening to him. If he is really overreacting, which I am sure he is not, I will personally scold him. I am mature enough to distinguish that”. Yesung was angry and a bit surprised. Kyu rarely talks like this. He just presented his points. It can be possible, right? Hyuk may be taking everything in the wrong way. Maybe.

Kyu got out of the kitchen and found the empty couch. He ran over to Hyuk’s apartment but got no response even after 30 mins of bell rings and banging on the door.

Hyukjae found himself walking aimlessly on the street. He was feeling suffocated after hearing the argument between his friend and Yesung. When did he become this weak? Why he is always a burden? He vomited suddenly though there was nothing much. He felt like he is going to faint. Fortunately, his labmate Minhyuk saw him and take him to the nearest café to cool him down. Seeing Hyukjae’s state, his labmate decided to take him to the hospital but Hyukjae denied it strongly. Seeing no other way, minhyuk decided to call their professor Heechul hoping that hyukjae will listen to him. After 10 mins of conversation, Heechul showed up in the café and took charge of Hyukjae. He knew very well that Hyukjae is having a bad time emotionally.

Heechul hugged his student with parental instinct. Hyukjae again broke into tears. Hyukjae only has one thing in his mind. Why he is a burden to everybody? He is missing his grandma a lot at that moment. Heechul’s scent is so much comforting. But he can only hug tight and cry.

Heechul guided him to his car and took his student to his apartment. Heechul offered him a glass of water upon settling down in the living room. Hyuk drank it in between hiccups. He was feeling sleepy and his head was hurting insanely. Heechul insisted him to the guest room and soon hyuk was fast asleep. Heechul collected the phone number of Kyu from the student directory since he knew him as Hyuk’s best friend and called him. Panicked Kyu rushed to Heechul’s apartment and sighed in relief that his friend is not dead. Both of them were concerned but it was better for them to wait.

That day, so many things got twisted and some went beyond repair. Siwon lost himself and hyukjae both, Yuri got in the middle of a relationship without knowing, Hyukjae shut him down again, Yesung and Kyu were going to have a break and Heechul is going to have two younger brothers replacing his dead siblings.

But maybe, all these black clouds really have some silver lining. Time will say that for sure.