Chapter 10

Blind Date

 

Kyuhyun - Listen...to you

Eun Hye called Jaejoong after work and wanted to meet with him. So, Jaejoong drove off to her house and became curious on what she’s gonna tell him that made her excited on the phone.

He rings the doorbell as Eun Hye opens the gate for him.

“Hero Jaejoong! What took you so long?” she said excitingly.

She drags him towards the living room and sits across each other.

“Yah, calm down. I just finished work. By the way, what is it that you’re gonna say?”

“Hmmm, unfortunately, Changmin isn’t Hao-chan.”

Jaejoong stared at her confused.

“Oh. Then how come you concluded that he is Hao-chan before?”

“I’m sorry. You know me, I conclude things quickly without knowing the full details of it.”

He just chuckled. Well, he’s used to it.

“But one thing, Changmin knows you. He said he’s also my childhood friend but I can’t remember. Do you know him Hero?”

He thought for a while. Changmin?

“Maybe. Back then, there were many kids interacting with us so I can’t remember all, only some of them. You shouldn’t be surprised if he knows you since everyone knows who you are especially your father.”

Jaejoong regretted saying something about her father. Her father died when she was still 12 years old due to an accident. He was a hardworking man and is truly remembered for saving the company Eun Hye is working now.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to mention your father.” He said while hitting his head softly.

Eun Hye just smiled lightly at him. “That’s okay. I’m getting used of you getting clumsy sometimes despite your cool image. And…” she looked at him suspiciously. “…you’re getting clumsier. I wonder why.”

He looked at her in disbelief. Sometimes, he wonders why she suddenly shifts his attention on something.

“Yah~, you’re shifting the topic. And I’m not clumsy.” He said while pouting and crossing his arms.

“Haha. Of course you are. Don’t worry it’s not a flaw. It’s even an asset.”

Jaejoong looked at her weirdly.

“Okay. Stop teasing me, princess.” he said as he stood up and fixed his clothes. “I want to meet with Changmin sometime when I’m not busy.”

“Tss. You’re no fun. Hmph.” She said and leans back. “By the way, I heard you’re blind date was pretty…fun.” she chuckled that made him raise a brow with both hands on his waist.

“Y-Yah! Who told you about it?” he asked hesitantly looking to other directions.

“Well, I have a lot of sources. For the first time in history, a girl dared to stand on your way. And did I hear that right? You lost to her?”

“Tss. She was just lucky that time.” He said in a cool way.

“Haha. Just admit defeat, Jae. I know that you can’t win when it comes to drinking sessions.” She said emphasizing the last two words.

“Fine. I may be defeated by Lee Yeonhee. But I can still win against you. Hahahaha.”

“Hey! You’re getting revenge huh?”

After their talk, Hero left her house and drove to Starbucks. He just sits near the counter while waiting for his order.

Then the door opened as customers came in. It got his attention as he looked on the door’s direction.

‘Boa-sshi?’ he thought.

Well, she didn’t notice him sitting near the counter. His eyes followed her unnoticeably until she stopped in front of a table where a guy was sitting.

“Siwon-oppa, did you wait long?” she asked as she sits across him.

“No. I just arrived a few minutes ago. Oh yeah, this is for you.” He said while giving her a bouquet of pink roses.

She smiled at his sweetness. “Thanks, Siwon.”

At that time, Jaejoong got his order and went out quickly.

“Is she cheating on Yoochun? Okay, Jae. Don’t conclude immediately. Maybe that was just a friend or a close relative of hers.”


-----------------------------------------------------


After eating some snacks, Boa and Siwon left Starbucks as they walked going to Boa’s condo unit or shall we say Yoochun’s.

She didn’t want Siwon to stay long because Yoochun might drop by anytime like he says to her.

“Uhm, Siwon-oppa, I’m sorry if we can’t talk that much today. You know that I’m a very busy person since then.”

“I understand that, Boa-sshi. I promise I’ll leave after an hour.”

She thanked him for understanding though it wasn’t really the reason for it.

Boa reached for the card key and swiped it. She opened the door as the two of them came in.

“Wow. This place is so nice.”

“Oh, hehe. Yeah, you’re right about that.” She smiled hesitantly with the thought of Yoochun. Speaking of, she wonders how he managed to find this kind of place and how he wants it to be.

She gets a vase to place the roses and positioned it near the television.

“Boa-sshi, I need to tell you something.”

She felt nervous on the tone of his voice.

“Uh, what is it?” she asked as she sits beside him.

“I’m proposing to someone soon. Promise me, you’ll be there when that time comes.”

The thought of his message was indirect that made Boa think about it in a few seconds.

“You’re getting married? Is that what you’re trying to tell me?”

He nods in agreement which made her excited.

“REALLY?? Who’s the lucky girl?”

 “It’s a secret for now. I’ll let you meet her very soon.”

She really feels happy for him. At the same time there is pain since he likes him ever since but never got the chance to confess her feelings to him. They have been close friends for such a long time and she didn’t want to ruin it.

“Are you really sure? Have you thought of that carefully?”

“Of course. At first, I had doubts but as I thought of it, I’m sure that she is the girl for me.”

Boa couldn’t hold her tears and embraced him. “I’m so happy for you, oppa. I hope you’ll take care of each other.”

“Gomawo.” He broke the hug and looked at her. “Why are you crying? I’m not gonna die yet.” He said as he wipes her tears.

“Right. These are tears of joy you know.”

Eventually, they just laughed at each other like the usual times they spend time together.

“I know the two of you will get along well. She also likes fashion like you do.”

“Really? I can’t wait to meet her. Go Go Go Oppa! Call me right away after she answers yes to you.”

“Alright. You’ll be the first one to know when that time comes.” Siwon looked at her watch. It’s already 6:30 pm.

“I think I better leave. I need to do some things for tomorrow.” He said as he stood up.

“Yeah, me too. I’ll accompany you downstairs.”

With that, they left the condo together and took the elevator. They arrived downstairs and walked outside. Siwon went on his car and bid goodbye to her then left.

. . . . . . .

CN Blue - Love Light

She started walking back inside the building when someone grabbed her hand.

“Who was that?”

She turns around and saw Yoochun.

“Oh no.” she thought.

“What are you talking about?” she answered him calmly.

“Was it the same guy who called you when we were at the bar?”

He asked again. But she couldn’t detect if he’s teasing her again or if he’s serious about it.

“Yeah. We’re friends. He just came to talk to me about something.”

“Ohhh, okay.” Then he led her outside again.

“Hey, where are you taking me?”

He stopped walking in front of his car and opened it. Then a dog came out.

“Boa meet Ha Rang, my adorable dog.”

The dog just stared at her while waving its tail. “Woah, it’s…big.”

“She seems to like you.” He commented.

Boa reached to pat its head and it just closes its eyes. “I didn’t know you had a dog.”

“Well, it’s just a matter of timing I guess.“

“Ha Rang-sshi, does your owner treat you right? Don’t be like him okay?”

“Why? What am I?”

She looked at him then back at the dog again.

“Hmmm, never mind that. You know what you are. “

“Hm. You’re a weird girl. Don’t mind her Ha Rang. She just likes me that much.”
Boa crossed her arms and looked at him oddly.

“Are you sure about that? I think you’re just into a lot of stress.”She replied to him

Yoochun just chuckled. Well, he loves teasing her a lot.

“Uhm, I better go now. Take care, hon.”

He’s calling her names again.

“Yeah...right.”

After that, Yoochun drove off and Boa walked in the building and took the elevator. She went to her bedroom and lay on the bed.

“Siwon-oppa planning to get married…I really didn’t expect this… “ she took a deep breath and closes her eyes.

Her phone suddenly rang and she immediately answers it.

“Yeobseoyo.” She said with a tired voice.

-“Minnie ah.”

Her tiredness changed to irritation.

“Whatever Yoochun. What do you want?”

-“Were you crying a while ago?”

‘Is it really noticeable that I cried?’ she thought.

“That was nothing. You’re just hallucinating.”

-“Yoochun ah~~ who’s that?”

It was a girl’s voice from the other line. She was surprised to hear that.

-“Yah~ Are you cheating on me?” the girl on the other line added.

“It’s getting late. I need to sleep now.” Boa finally said as she ended the call.

“Oh My God. What was that? Stupid Yoochun. Is he trying to play a prank on me or what?” she said with a tone of irritation towards her phone.


-----------------------------------------------------------------


“Ri In-sshi, can you come here for a minute?” Yunho called her to go to his office.

“Alright, sir.” She replied and ended the call.

Ri In went immediately to his boss’s office.

“Sir Yunho?”

“Oh Ri In. Come in. Take a seat.”

She walked towards the chair near Yunho’s table and took a seat.

“Taeyeon just called me. They’re having a recording of their album right now and she says their manager cannot make it today because of fever. She asked me if you could go there instead.”

She looked at Yunho oddly. Does she heard him right?

“Oh, but sir. How about—“

“Don’t worry, I assigned you to look after them so you can go. We all know how unexpected life may be sometimes.”

“Uhh, alright. I’ll go now. Thank you sir.” She replied hesitantly and bowed before she finally left his office.

She throws a fist in the air in happiness. Her dream of going to a recording studio has come true. Even though she’s not the one doing the recording, she’s still happy for the opportunity and she owes Yunho for that.

Yunho gave her directions to the recording studio. When she arrived in front of the building, she took a deep breath and went inside.

It wasn’t just a building actually. It’s where famous artists and singers can be seen. Even though it’s a bit tiring, Ri In thanked Yunho for this kind of job.

She entered the building and went to the second floor. Yunho’s instructions to her was a bit complicated for her but he advised her to call Junsu or Taeyeon if ever she got lost.

“Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God.” Ri In whispered to herself as she noticed Lee Minho walking towards her direction.

‘Gaaaahh!! Go Jun Pyo!! I want to be Geum Jandi just this time! :3’ she thought while fangirling silently.

Lee Minho passed by her as she continued on walking the hallway.

‘Ooohhh, he smells good ~~ :3’ fangirling on her mind again.

“Psst.”

‘Lee Minho is so handsome in person~ :3’

“What are you smiling about?” while doing a snap in front of her face. She then woke up from fangirling and realized who is in front of her.

“Oh Sir.” She felt embarrassed upon realizing that she was fangirling again. “What are you doing here?” She asked which made his brows furrow.

“Taeyeon and I are recording some songs for our new album, remember?” Junsu said sarcastically as he walked away.

Ri In hit her head in frustration for asking that question a while ago. She noticed him walking away.

“Hey! Wait for me!”

“Jang Ri In, you should act professionally. Don’t let yourself be bullied by Kim Junsu!”

She just followed him behind towards the recording studio. They entered the room together as Taeyeon just finished recording a song.

Taeyeon went to them and greeted Ri In. “Hi Ri In. You arrived just in time. Uhm, I apologize if we’re asking for your assistance a lot lately.”

“That’s alright. It’s part of my job.” She replied with a smile.

Junsu eyed Ri In when she said that. She met with his gaze and the smile turned into a frown. She cleared and smiled at Taeyeon again.

Two hours later, Taeyeon and Junsu had their break. Ri In at that time is sitting in a corner and listening to some music on his cell phone while closing her eyes.

Junsu was asked by his twin to give Ri In something to drink. He got something from the vending machine and went to her. He noticed she was listening to some music on his cell phone while closing her eyes.

“What’s this girl doing again?” Junsu wondered.

He is about to nudge her when she suddenly sang in a low tone while swaying her head a bit.


Midoyo~ cheot nun ae pan han da neun mareul midoyo~


He is just there standing in front of her, trying to hide his laugh.


Keu dae e gen ani ra keu mar haet chi ma


Ri In opened her eyes and didn’t continue saying the next words of the song when she saw Junsu looking at her oddly.

‘Oh Sh*t. Why is this duck here?’ she thought

She removed her earphones and felt awkward and embarrassed. She cleared . Ri In couldn’t look at him directly because of embarrassment.

“Wa-What do you want?”

Junsu hand her the soda he bought from the vending machine. “Taeyeon asked me to give this to you.”

“Oh…Thanks.” she replied hesitantly and got the soda from him.

After that, he walked away from her and went back to the staff.

‘Aish! That was way too embarrassing, Jang Ri In!’ she scolded herself while opening the soda.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Changmin and Yunho went to a nearby restaurant during lunch time. While they were eating, Changmin remembered something.

“Ah, hyung, remember when I said that Miss Yoon looked like princess?”

Yunho paused from eating and looked at him.

“Yeah? How about it?”

“My instinct was correct. She really IS princess.” Changmin replied with a tone of certainty.

“She’s… princess? Have you ever talked to her about it?”

“Actually, she’s the one who approached me and wanted to talk to me about something after the photoshoot at the beach. Well, she did overhear us when we talked about ‘princess’ on your office. She even thought that I was Hao-hyung but of course I said I’m not. You remember Hero-hyung, right? He has been with her all this time.”

Yunho grew silent on what Changmin have just said.

“And hyung, I’m planning to let Grandpa meet her one of these days. You’re okay with it, right?”

Yunho was still silent at that time.

“Ah, Hyung? Are you still there?” Changmin wave his hand in front of him which made Yunho go back to reality.

“Uhm…yeah.”

“Great. I’ll just tell you when that will be.”

After that small but really informative talk, both of them resumed eating.

. . . . . . . .

Yunho drove home after work. He went to the bathroom and took a shower.

“Everything has changed…because of the accident.” Yunho thought.