a moment of nothingness and yet–

timeless beginning of everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still remember that day, when our eyes first acquainted.

 

"Come on, bro. Help your friend mend his broken heart." Taemin couldn't even count how many times he had let out a sigh with only using his fingers. He gave Jongin an aggravated face but his friend remained unfazed.

"I know you don't like getting disturbed whenever you work but I wouldn't be crying to you like this if it weren't for your damn cousin." His friend fixed him a deadly glare and continued, "You're half responsible for this, Taemin-ah!"

"Is there more she need to look for? I'm handsome, cool, hot, the list goes on but—"

"Can you just leave?" Taemin asked, clearly showing his displease. "I'm busy, Jongin-ah."

"Come on, Taemin! You're too immersed with your job you probably don't even know the word 'fun' anymore. A few drinks won't hurt."

"...And maybe a few women too—"

"Are you sure it's Soojung who cheated?" Finally losing his cool, Taemin closed his laptop and faced his friend wholly. "Because it doesn't seem like it."

"Yah yah yah! I hope you're not siding with her instead of your pitiful friend just because you guys are relatives. I can't win against that!"

Taemin knew beforehand his pleas will just turn into vain because Jongin won't ever get out of his hair. Leaving him with no other choice, "Whatever, hurry up before I change my mind. I'm only staying there for few drinks and I won't be driving your drunk home!"

"Don't worry, bro. I'll probably not be going home with you later." Taemin raised a brow and a smirk formed in Jongin's lips. "You know... I might catch some fish— Yah!" Taemin playfully hit him at the back of his head to knock him off some sense.

"You wish, Kim Jongin."

"I told you bro, I got it all. I'm cool, hot—"

"Says who got dumped." Taemin murmured under his breath then earned a smack from the other male.

"You're really rude, aren't you?"

"Stop being a crybaby and let's just get this over with. I still have a lot of things to do." Putting on his leather jacket and fetching his car keys, both of them walked out of the mini office and drove their way to the nearest club.

 

 

A loud party music filled every corner of the place but it wasn't even enough to hype Taemin whose face evidently bored and uninterested. He just watched people partying as if there's no tomorrow, not intentionally hiding his appearance in a secluded area even if it seems as though. To elucidate, he doesn't hate drinking and partying. As a matter of fact, he enjoys it and sometimes unwind whenever he feels the need to, but tonight is just not the right time and the right mood to be part of the crowd before him where almost everyone looking like a mess including Jongin.

Speaking of the devil, his friend looked at him incredulously and approached him from where he is seated. "Don't be such a kill joy, Taemin-ah!"

"You dragged me here!" He shouted, voice barely audible because of the mixed deafening sound of music and people.

"You agreed to be here! You look like you're the one who got dumped instead of me. Why don't you booze more and dance? It's fun!" Jongin then took both of Taemin's hand to force him join the sea of party people but failed this time. Instead, Taemin went straight over the bar to order a few bottles of beer.

In the midst of imbibing liquor, a couple seated two chairs away from him seem to be arguing. For a moment he thought it wasn't something serious, a lovers quarrel, but not until they started yelling at each other. He did not intend to pry but their voices can be heard from where he sat.

"You can't do this to me, Minho!" The woman bellowed in rage. He couldn't catch a glimpse of her face as he was facing her back.

"For Pete's sake, Naeun-ah! How many times do I have to repeat myself? We're done!" The guy spat which piques him.

Jerk.

"Fine then." She gave him the coldest glare and resigned from pushing herself to him.

She was breathing heavily and ran a hand through her strands in distress. She let her sight wander around then their eyes met.

 

A trivial moment of almost n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter