One

Unconsciously Falling To Your Presence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For the first chapter, I'll be using the real names of the actors at the same time enclosed their character's names. Please note that this is a work of fiction and the story is the product of the writer's imagination. All of the things mentioned are used in a fictitious manner.

ONE

April 2022

 

It was one of the rare moments in the Chinese Entertainment Circle wherein a previous drama cast planned a reunion on their own will.

Most of the Falling Into Your Smile actors were gathered at one of the private rooms in a famous restaurants in China.

 

"Hey! How are you?"

 

"It's been awhile."

 

"I heard you're filming the..."

 

"I saw your latest drama..."

 

"I heard your new song!"

 

"It was great!"

 

"Teach me how to dance the signature move!"

 

These were some topics talked about of the spread out group in the room. They haven't sat down on the seats of the provided table for the feast because all of them were hooked up with their respective conversations among the cast. This was the scene Sun Kai (Little Fatty) witnessed when he came back to the room with the waiters carrying their food. He chuckled as he gestured to the staff to set the table and strode further inside the room.

 

"The food's here!" He announced in a jovial tone. The rest reacted in glee as they walked closer to the feast table. They waited for the staff to finish before they find their seats. They smiled and thanked the staff as they left the room in excited whispers among themselves.

 

Mi Re (Ming God) looked around the table and asked, "Director Qiu is still not here?"

Sun Kai shook his head. "He couldn't make it. He's still busy with his upcoming drama."

The rest expressed their dismay but then the emotion was forgotten when he announced that they could start eating. Before they picked up their respective utensils, Cui Shao Yang (Xiao Rui) requested to raise their glasses first. He wanted to make a toast to thank Sun Kai for the feast and congratulate him for his successful first film under his direction. This reunion did happen because of his treat after all.

 

"Yang ge!" Sun Kai reacted and the others laughed at his flushed cheeks. They happily agreed with the older one and offered their toast. They excitedly ate and interact with each other after that. With the circular table, everyone was able to talk about one topic at a time.

Later on, Cheng Xiao (Tong Yao) and Rachel Wang (Jinyang) talked in a low voice about the gossip they've recently heard. Their low voices couldn't be heard by the others since they were just sitting beside each other. Wang Yi Jun (Hierophant) who sat beside Rachel just smirked as he heard snippets of the conversation between the two ladies.

Kevin Xiao (Old Cat) noticed this and grinned mischieviously. "Ladies! Care to share your conversation?"

The two ladies looked up and smiled sheepishly. "Oh it's nothing." Cheng Xiao waved off and Rachel added, "Just some gossip we heard within the circle. You know, who's dating who. Who broke up with who. You guys wouldn't be interested about it."

Kevin hummed and smirked, "Dating eh? Is it about Xiao Xiao's upcoming date?"

 

Cheng Xiao opened in shock while the men looked at her in surprise. Rachel gasped and blurted out, "How did you know about that?!"

"Rachel!" Cheng Xiao complained.

Rachel smiled in apology when she realized her mistake. The men laughed at the two. Gao Han (Old K) grinned, "So it's true then?"

"Who?" Zhai Xiao Wen (Jian Yang) asked while wearing the same interested look with the other two youngest men of the group, Zhou Yi Ran (Ai Jia) and Ling Chao (Kun).

 

Cheng Xiao lowered her body down in embarrassment and complained, "Kevin ge!"

The said man only laughed. Xu Kai (Li Si Cheng) who sat beside Cheng Xiao nudged her arm and teased, "You're dating now?"

She pinched his arm and replied, "No!"

Xu Kai winced and moved his arm away while Kevin raised an eyebrow at her and she reiterated, "I mean not yet. Urgh! I don't know okay?"

"You don't know?" Mi Re furrowed his eyebrows. His older brother instinct started to show.

Cheng Xiao sighed and mumbled, "We've only just set the date."

 

"So you haven't gone out together yet?" Shao Yang checked. Another person who got his older brother instinct perked up. 

Gao Han turned to Kevin, "How did you know about the date?"

Rachel agreed. "Yeah! Xiao Xiao just told me about it earlier!"

Kevin chuckled guiltily. "Well, both of you weren't exactly in a hush about it earlier. I could hear the conversation everytime I passed by."

Rachel looked at him in accusation. "You were eavesdropping!"

Kevin raised his arms in surrender, "I couldn't help it! Xiao Xiao's growing up! I'm sorry!"

Cheng Xiao covered her flushed face in embarrassment while the others laughed. "Please stop." She muttered.

 

Kevin stood up and moved towards Cheng Xiao. He tapped her shoulder apologetically. Guilt finally seeped inside him and muttered his apologies for exposing his little sister's secret without thinking. Cheng Xiao noticed his seriousness and laughed a bit. "It's alright ge. You guys would've known about it eventually. You just caught me off guard earlier." She patted his hand to let him know that she wasn't angry or upset because of his sudden revelation.

 

"Now that Kevin ge is off the hook. Let me divert your attention to someone who just got his heart broken by the news." Sun Kai quipped playfully. Yi Ran laughed because he understood who he meant. He patted Yao Chi's (Lu Yue) back in comfort. "That's alright ge."

Yao Chi's eyes widened and reacted defensively. "Hey! What are you trying to imply? I'm not heart broken!"

Yi Jun smirked, "Don't deny it. Don't you have a crush on Xiao Xiao?"

Yao Chi stuttered and shook his head furiously. "No, I do not!"

 

Xiao Wen chuckled. "That's old news. Yao Chi already moved on, right Chao?"

Ling Chao laughed and the two exchanged high fives. Yao Chi glared at the two while Gao Han reacted, "Really? Who?"

Yao Chi remained tightlipped and ignored the others' interested looks. Sun Kai, Gao Han, and Kevin pestered him about it. 

"You're dating too?" Xu Kai asked.

"Is she someone I know?" Rachel added as she leaned on the table with an eager look on her face.

Yao Chi groaned in frustration, "Hey! Why did the interrogation switched towards me? Let's go back to Xiao Xiao's date!"

Cheng Xiao glared at him when he diverted the talk back to her again.

 

Mi Re hummed and turned towards her, "I've been wondering... who's the guy Xiao Xiao?"

"Eh?" Cheng Xiao blinked in surprise while Rachel giggled.

"Is it someone we know?" Shang Yang added.

"Is it Jackson Wang?" Yi Jun inquired.

"Huh?!" Cheng Xiao was taken aback by the mentioned name and shook her hands to deny. "What made you think that it's him?!"

"You were rumored to him and the two of you are also very close." Yi Jun shrugged and Cheng Xiao continued to shake her head.

 

Rachel waved off. "It's a different man and you guys know him. Especially you four!" She pointed at the youngest four men.

"An idol?" Ling Chao asked curiously.

"A known one too." Kevin confirmed. "It's Wang Yibo."

 

The rest opened their mouths in 'o' shape while Cheng Xiao docked her head shyly. Xu Kai nudged her arm again and teased, "You scored a date with Yibo?"

At the same time Ling Chao said, "So it was true that he felt something for you. It kind of reflect everytime both of you collaborate jie."

The others who were familiar with what he was talking about nodded in agreement and most of them were also familiar with the music industry.

Cheng Xiao didn't hear what Ling Chao commented. She just turned to the person beside her and slapped his arm to retaliate and exclaimed, "Xu Kai!!"

He only chuckled in return while she pouted and stated fiercely, "For your information, he was the one who asked me out. So technically, he scored a date with me."

Xu Kai just snickered mischievously in reply.

Kevin, Mi Re, Shao Yang shook their heads at the words the two used.

"Can we changed the subject already?! You guys are worst than most ladies when it comes to gossip!" Cheng Xiao whined. "I think you teased me enough already!"

The group laughed at her, heeded her request and moved on to another topic. Everyone had their turn to be teased by others but it was Mi Re who was teased the most. They asked their eldest brother when he's planning to settle down. He couldn't escape the inquiries of the younger ones especially the playful Rachel Wang.

 

When the group moved to the karaoke area of the room, they took turns in singing while betting on who will have the lowest score. The lowest will be the one treating the group next time. The actors who didn't have the gift of magical voices prostested at the unfair judgement. In the end, they settled the bet with the singers' added criteria that they shouldn't have a score below 96 or else, he/she would be automatically declared the one treating for the next gathering.

 

Cheng Xiao laughed out loud at Xu Kai's flushed face after he finished his turn to sing. He sighed in relief when he got a safe score at the end of the song. He pinched her shoulder as he sat down beside her. She was still laughing as she leaned away a little.

"Stop laughing!" He complained.

She stuck her tongue out at him  and announced teasingly. "I think you should give the mic back to Kai ge!"

"What? Why?!" He reacted.

"Let him sing again!"

"No way!"

"Sing! Sing!"

"No!"

"How about a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter