Baby Don’t Cry

Let’s Make It Forever

Eek, another story that is long over due an update. I could say I'm ok, but really I'm not after the death of my close friend I've been finding things really tough. Normally I pride myself on regularity but I can't deny the fact that I've been so preoccupied and almost considered abandoning these stories but that's truly not what I want and I will be finishing them all.

 

Anyway enough of my rambling, please enjoy my latest update, I hope this was worth the wait.

 

Just a small recap first

Chanyeol's POV

 

"Baekhyun baby, stop your bleeding!"

He know his voice is commanding and stern but it has the effect he needs, the whole bar is suddenly pin drop silence even as Baekhyun gasps in confusion and clear disbelief that he's here. It's all ruined by the hyena cackle of idiot one who points his pudgy little finger at Baekhyun as he slurs something else derogatory. He  doesn't hesitate at all, as all he hears is an intense ringing in his ears, as he stomps across the pavement. It's like an out body experience as the whole ponchama seems to explode in shrieks around him, it's only when the throbbing of his hand penetrates the sudden fog like mist in front of his eyes does he realise that he's delivered a punch to the face.

 

He has just enough time to grab Baekhyun and push his prince towards the ahjuma who runs the joint before idiot one try's and fails to deliver his own punch which misses by millimetres. He's like a raging bull this time, accept this time  his second stronger punch doesn't just crunch cartilage it sends idiot one crashing to the ground, like the little he is.

 

Present Time

He so desperately wants to do so much more to the snivelling idiot rolling around on the floor,  but is acutely aware that the reason why he barged over like a raging bull is being comforted by someone that's not himself. He manages to catch a glimpse of his prince to his intense horror his gorgeous prince looks pale, is shaking and is almost soaked through. Yet any attempt to step closer to his young prince is cut off by a second ahjuma, who for a nano second he thinks is heading his way. Instead he watches in amusement as the tiny 4ft grey haired lady brandishes what he thinks are kitchen tongs towards idiot one.

 

It's surreal yet comical to watch this old lady turn almost gangster as she kicks at idiot one's expensive leather loathers. All before turning on the yobs  sat with  the man, it's amusing to watch the young men who were earlier egging on the lying in the ground, petrified of an old lady.

 

He would love to grab the popcorn for this showdown, but there's someone so much more important  than the movie that is about to start. His pink haired prince who was standing just beside him about a minute ago, is now no where to be seen. Chanyeol lets out the breath he's holding before taking another deeper breath, his young lover doesn't need to be frightened of him either. With that thought in mind he not impressed by his show of macho dominance, and  lets the all the pent up aggression leach out of him with every deep cleansing breath he takes to calm himself down.

 

He's well aware too, of the lights of camera phones directed at his facehe knows that this ugly interaction is most likely being live streamed on social media. It won't be long before it's all over the news either. Right now Baekhyun should be his main priority but he's not stupid enough to not get what ever has been captured off the internet. He simply gets out his phone and messages Jongdae with a two word message of fix it. Knowing that his best friend will have his tech guy sort it out within the hour, leaving him able to concentrate on the one person that matters above all else.

 

He has a good idea where his pink haired prince is, and heads into the main seating area trying not to use his normal intimidating manner. He's not surprised the inside is as packed as the outside, that sweet spicy aroma that's mixed with the smell of malt and hops is that much stronger here. He's not surprised this place is the so popular, it's spotless and smells like comfort food and nostalgia with the golden oldie drama playing in the background.

 

Now he's not here for the chicken or the beer, as he surveys the mismatch yet homely sets of crooked tables and mismatched stools. He hates that he can't see the strawberry pink hue of his boyfriend's hair anywhere, Baekhyun may be petite but that beautiful glossy hair is like a beacon. He's growing ever more anxious as he can not see him in the open kitchen, he knows he has to tread lightly at the moment as the ahjuma behind the counter, is using the cleaver in her hand a little too forcefully.

 

He's about to ask where his young lover is, but doesn't get chance to open his mouth as the ahjuma still chopping on a chicken simply stops. Levels him with what can only be described as the scariest stink eye, as she so deliberately gives him the once over, something that has him standing stock still. Normally he would counter a stare so intimidating with his own, but will remain calm as he's positive this tiny woman holds the key to where Baekhyun may of retreated.

 

His silence has paid off as the ahjuma simply huffs before waving that rather large and dangerous cleaver towards the only other door in the establishment, one that's almost hidden behind a retro beaded curtain. Chanyeol bows at a 90 degree angle to show his thanks to this lady before, taking a deep breath. He would be lying if he wasn't aware that the outcome of this next hour will shape the relationship he has with Baekhyun.

 

The emotions that flow through his veins are a kaleidoscope of hope and despair, hope that he can salvage the night and this new relationship. Despair and anger that some plastic filled pair of fish lips has already tried to sabotage it. He can't even think about the emotions he feels knowing his mother was the mastermind behind the dinner disaster. It makes him both sad and angry, but also unwilling to address it at the moment. Not when his heart suddenly skips a beat as he opens the door, that magnetising pull between them sparking to life, the moment his beautiful pinked haired prince is within his sights.

 

Opening the door he's finally reunited with the man becoming so very important to him. The lights are dim but bright enough for him to see his perfect prince in all his semi glory. Baekhyun truly is the most beautiful creature he's ever seen, petite in stature he may be but he has a body of absolute perfection. Lean and muscular, yet a beautiful softness that's all uniquely Baekhyun, it's a body no temple he could stare at all day.

 

Right now his lewd wants take a back seat when he finally sees that his beautiful prince is shaking and still has tears in his eyes, he's frozen as he watches his prince hiccup and sniffle as those crystal tears continue to fall. His beautiful torso shines but not with the iridescence of moisturiser, Chanyeol knows that shine is down to the alcohol that was poured over him, alcohol that has managed to seep through the fibres of Baekhun's shirt. Yet he's positive those tears are not for the actions of idiot one.

 

No, those tears are because of him. It's the unwanted kiss from fish lips that his delicate prince witnessed that cause those tears and trembles.

 

It hurts his heart to know that he's the cause of those tears, that his beautiful prince appears nothing but a vulnerable young man. He did this and it will forever be etched in to his memory, how those sniffles just seem endless and how his glorious body drips with beer. Before he can control himself he utters out a plea of "baby don't cry."

 

Baekhyun's POV.

Baekhyun almost jumps out of his skin when he hears the deep voice of the one man he really didn't want to see right now. yet his traitorous body is already reacting to the deepness of Chanyeol's voice by calming down and his trembling instantly stops. It doesn't stop the hurt that's raging in his heart at what he witnessed this beautiful intelligent far to good for him man doing, that dreaded kiss feels like it happened  a few hours ago and yet a lifetime at the same time.

 

That's not what I mean and you know it, he's not of our world Chanyeol. Your mother's comment about him being a desire for flesh .

 

A slight breeze makes him shudder, as he remembers Hanbin's cruel but so true words. Embarrassment creeps up his neck like a rash, when he remembers he's mid change out of his wet shirt from that test pouring beer over him. Not that he should hide his body from Chanyeol but he's confused as to why he's here. Not wanting to be seen in such a state he refuses to look at the beautiful man whose intense state sill manages to make his insides squirm. Instead he hastily covers his torso with a fresh t-shirt and wipes away his tears with the back of his hand. Haying that he can feel how his face is swollen with all the tears he's cried, and that he smells like cheap beer.

 

"Baekhyun Baby"

 

"Please don't Mr Park, you and I both know there is truth in Hanbin's words. This is has been nothing but a beautiful dream you deserve to be with someone of your standing, not  a poor boy from the county.

 

"Chanyeol is my name Baekhyun, you've not called me Mr Park for a long time, please don't do it now. I know I've hurt you with that kiss. It meant nothing."

 

"His words are  not untrue, and your mother was so cruel!"

 

"She was and I will be explaining just how much you mean to me, I know I should be on my knees begging for forgiveness as there is no excuse for that kiss or for his words."

 

Baekhyun goes to say that they should stop fooling themselves and living in a bubble, that dinner is not going to be the only  obstacle in this cruel word. Yet all he can do is gasp as this magnificent man crowds his personal space, Chanyeol has always had such expressive eyes, right now they burn with an intensity he's never seen. More shockingly is the way he watches this incredible smart, y and intelligent man get down on his knees.

 

"My heart is yours to take, my love."

 

Gasping again, his heart lurches at that confession and sincerity in Chanyeol's eyes, his heart is not lurching in pain but both hope and confusion. Confusion over the nights events, hope that this bubble means more than just infatuation. Hope because after all those hurtful words Hanbin said, Chanyeol chose to chase after himself. For all the hurt that kiss was to witness, perhaps Chanyeol being on his knees now means he feels the same way he does. He truly hates what has transpired tonight, he heard what Chanyeol had to say and he was so impressed and proud that this mighty incredible individual went to bat for him.

 

He may hate that he watched that brazen money grabbing plant his plastic fish lips on Chanyeol, and in his heart of hearts knows it wasn't this beautiful man that wanted it. He's also so incredibly hurt by that kiss, it's been like a bucket of ice cold water being thrown on him. He's a poor country boy with a family that hate him. Park Chanyeol is practically royalty being from a prominent well loved political family.

 

Their worlds couldn't be more different, "Chanyeol, I don't know if I can do this, tonight has been eye opening and I don't know if I can handle all the negative attention that's bound to be spread. After all aren't I what your mother says, just a desire for flesh!"

 

Baekhyun knows his voice is barely a whisper as he looks down into the eyes of Park Chanyeol, those expressive eyes morph with a flash of anger at his words. Those flared nostrils he realises are not about his fears and insecurities of not being good enough, he dares hope, no he knows  it over the thought that someone would question what he hopes is a growing love between them.

 

After all Chanyeol did just deck some wannabe hot shot outside for being a , the smell of the beer still clings to his skin, yet in the moment he can't remember what words were being slurred at him. All he could think of was Chanyeol and the way he rushed in like a knight in shining armour. "Baby no, you're so much more than the lies being fed to you. you don't have to think about being just that, I'm going to be with you every step of the way like i promised."

 

Baekhyun feels his eyes widen when he watches. Chanyeol wince as he raises his hand towards his own face. Seeing Chanyeol's bruised and swollen hand  an instant impact on his emotions and body. He's instantly on his own knees, and gently grabbing Chanyeol's hand, a tear escaping as he looks over the bruised and swollen knuckles. The skin is cracked and bleeding on one, the others look hideous with purple bruising already forming.

 

"Oh Chanyeol!"

 

"I promise my love will always  protect you."

 

Those softly whispered words remind him of all the words this magnificent man whispered to him, that magical night they shared. As memories of searing hot kisses and the way the way Chanyeol's hands and lips felt on his skin, make him shiver he realises he truly loves this man despite the way his traitorous head is screaming at him not too. Park Chanyeol owns his heart, body and soul. Yes if he  was stronger and perhaps more confident he would make Chanyeol work for his forgiveness. Maybe even demand some obscenely expensive item to make for all the drama of the night, he won't as he would be no better than those Barbie dolls at moonlight out to get every dime.

 

All he wants is the reassurance that this incredible man feels the same as he does, he doesn't need the world just this beautiful man and their bubble of love. He may be silly, but his heart has already forgiven that kiss, after all who would punch someone out if they didn't feel something.

 

After all he too is on his knees, he's made his decision he loves the man before him, this love is real and he means it. So before either of them can say anything else, it's his turn to show Chanyeol that he's in this for the long run. Gently lifting  the larger hand in his own he leans forward and places a kiss on each knuckle that has a bruise.

 

He hears Chanyeol's sharp intake of breath as his soft kisses clearly have taken him by surprise, Baekhyun thought earlier that his relationship was dead in the water, but his heart just won't allow it. A further tears escape his eye as he notices that Chanyeol too has a tear rolling down his cheek. This time it's his turn to whisper "baby don't cry."

 

Those words have barely left his lips when he finds himself cocooned in the familiar,  and safe warmth of the older man. A sob leaving his throat as he relaxes into the arms of the man who has always been in his corner. "I'm so sorry baby, I promise that kiss was forced and not at all reciprocated, my mother will be talked to I promise."

 

Inhaling the deep rich familiar scent of  Chanyeol's expensive cologne that's smells of lemons, mint and amber, he knows that what Chanyeol speaks is true. Right now he doesn't want to talk about the kiss, fish lips or Chanyeol's mother, he just wants to basque in the warmth of the arms he was frightened would never hold him again. The trauma of the dinner, the kiss and that horrible man pouring beer over his chest will be something they will laugh about in the future, right now the bruise and cuts on Chanyeol's hand need cleaning and ice packs.

 

He's already pulling away from the warmth and comfort of Chanyeol's arms, his mind going a mile a minute at getting both the first aid kit and some ice for those knuckles. "We really need to clean that scratch Chanyeol, we can't let it get infected."

 

He's already back on his feet, bathing some extra towels for his make shift ice pack when he feels a gentle pull on his arm. " I have a first aid kit back at the apartment my darling, I also have coffee, hot showers and perhaps the best view in the city for a sunrise."

 

Baekhyun is not so stupid to not recognise the undertone in that statement, nor does he miss the want in those eyes. It all sets his skin ablaze with tingles both at what is hidden in that message and for seeing Chanyeol's apartment for the first time. There's a different thrill running through his veins too as he's never been to Chanyeol's apartment before due to their  previous arrangement. Luhan always said it was bad taste for companions to meet at their sponsor's lodgings.

 

It's everything he wanted their relationship is taking another step forward, he simply smiles and nods and accepts Chanyeol's offered hand. That magnetism and need to be consumed fully reignites, especially when that all exciting and familiar heat  from Chanyeol'd uninjured hand at the base of his back makes him feel all kinds of butterflies deep in his groin.

 

To be Continued....

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️