Eight

A Letter in the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days were passing and Hyukjae and Donghae were able to enjoy every second they were together. They kissed, walked hand in hand, did chores together and even sat by the river to watch the fish and talk until they got tired.

They were involved in a beautiful, honest romance that they could both be who they really were. And as he got to know Donghae, Hyukjae felt more and more delighted. And as he got to know Hyukjae, Donghae felt more and more passionate about what they built.

And in that afternoon, Hyukjae and Donghae were right by the river spending time together. The week was coming to an end and they already had a plan for the next few days: Donghae would talk to Hyunjung to let him know that he was moving in with Chaeyeong because those weeks were decisive and he had no intention of going back.

Donghae was one step away from telling his appa that he would leave it all behind with no regrets.

Hyukjae, meanwhile, planned to stay on the job for three years. He wanted to have enough money to start a family with Donghae and they would need a house. Probably they would have a small farm so they could work and earn money to survive. Everything was laid out and Hyukjae felt that he could leave his job at the opportune moment.

They were ready to start a life.

- My heart aches just thinking about leaving the day after tomorrow. – Donghae said as he was hugged from behind by Hyukjae – I'll miss my mother and home, but I know I'll be back soon.

- And I'll miss you. – Hyukjae kissed the back of Donghae's head – But I promise I'll send a letter and visit you whenever I can.

The omega smiled.

- I trust you, Hyuk. – Donghae knelt down and looked at the alpha – Can you already imagine what our house will look like?

- It would be nice if our house had windows.

Donghae laughed.

- Obviously we need windows and a door or two. But I mean... How many kids do you think we can have? I wish I had two.

- I would like to have two children with you.

- So we need two bedrooms and I want to have a big room to receive my mother and brothers. I'm sure we'll see Jungsu and Kyuhyun too. And of course your family comes to visit us too, so I need everyone to stay well here.

Hyukjae smiled and caressed Donghae's pink hair.

- You really think of everything.

- Well, I always wanted to have a house of my own to be happy. Not that a husband was in my plans, but... – he widened his eyes – How will your aunt and uncle welcome me into the family? Will they like me? Will your stepmother and sister bless me?

- They'll love you.

- Do you think?

- I'm sure. You are the purest and most beautiful being in this whole world. And when they see that you make me happy, they won't be able to say anything. – they kissed – Also, I want everyone to know you because I would like to have our wedding in Sage.

- Really? Do you want your family to help me when we are planning our wedding?

- For sure. We’ll take your mother and brothers too.

Donghae hugged Hyukjae.

- I can't wait for that day. – and then he sighed – I just wish appa and Siwoo could go, but I don't think they can even know.

- Why don't you want them to know?

- I don't know if they will support us even if three years pass. I don't think appa will ever look me in the eye again and I just have to get used to the idea of ​​being hated by him.

- I don't think he'll hate you. He might be surprised and ask if that's what you want, but hate is too strong a word.

- I'm afraid of losing my appa's love. We have such a strong bond and I don't want it to fade.

- Let's hope things don't change. Do you think everything is wrong?

- No. I want to move on because I know my feelings for you are screaming inside me. I'm sure we should continue our relationship. – Donghae beamed at Hyukjae who kissed his hands – I'm going to cry.

- Why?

- Because I'm happy in a way I never imagined.

- Then I'll kiss you whenever you cry. – Hyukjae kissed Donghae who laughed softly – Can I ask you a question? – the omega nodded – Why is your hair pink?

- Oh... Well, I don't know how to answer that. But there's a fanciful story that appa told me and Wook that we were graced by a fairy who gave us different shades of hair because we're omegas.

- It's a beautiful story.

- Hyukjae... I was ten years old when he told me this and I believed it until the day I saw a dark-haired omega.

Hyukjae laughed.

- You can't be upset. If not even your appa could explain a logical reason for that, who could?

Donghae shrugged.

- I agree with it. But do you think my hair is ugly?

Hyukjae shook his head.

- Why would I find your hair ugly? Your hair is so beautiful and I would easily believe that a fairy graced you with pink hair. – he caressed the omega's hair – It's like a magical feel.

- Do you think?

- I'm sure. – the alpha kissed the prince's cheek – You have so many qualities that you can't even imagine.

- I have? – the omega closed his eyes and breathed softly when the guard kissed his chin – May I ask if you will tell me what they are?

- Of course, because I want to praise you every day and every night.

At that moment, the two no longer knew how to escape what they felt for each other. Excitement and curiosity came together in a certainty that they wanted this and couldn't wait any longer. Alright, they could, but they did not want to. And Hyukjae only needed to look into Donghae's eyes to know that the prince would not give up on absolutely anything.

- I promise I won't regret it, Hyuk. – the omega whispered and pecked the alpha's lips – And I know you want me too.

- If we do this, we can't go back.

- It's alright. – Donghae smiled and caressed Hyukjae's hair – I'm aware of that.

Hyukjae could tell he was mesmerized by the handsome omega in front of him undressing without any shame or fear of being caught. The alpha felt his heart pounding and he wanted to touch Donghae, but he was afraid that his touch on that beautiful, well-sculpted body would ruin everything.

Donghae smiled and, blushing, lay down on his clothes. He reached out to Hyukjae and kissed the alpha's fingers as he knelt down and also started to undress. That step that was being taken had an enormous importance in their lives. They were sure that they would become one as soulmates.

There was all that sensuality in making love by the river, for only nature would witness such an act. No one else would know that they shared a moment of passion that was being so beautiful and unique. An honest moment that described each one's feelings very well. There was no doubt that they would love each other. There was no doubt that in the end everything would work out.

As he moved slowly and carefully inside Donghae, Hyukjae only analyzed facial expressions. He didn't want the omega to feel pain even after all the preparation. Hyukjae showered Donghae's body with sweet kisses before making it his own. The omega moaned softly and even blushed when the alpha's lips touched places he had no idea they could be touched.

Hyukjae wanted to make sure that Donghae knew what it was like to be loved by someone and they were on good terms. Donghae hugged Hyukjae's neck and so they kissed passionately while making love. As said before, that was a unique and beautiful moment. It had also been honest so that they would understand that they wouldn’t give up what they were building little by little.

And although few words were exchanged, they were fine. They smiled at each other, brushed noses and chuckled softly when they could finally just enjoy the warmth they shared.

- I never imagined it would be like this.

- Didn’t you like it?

- I liked very much. You made me feel so good and wanted. It was like you knew where to touch me at all times and how to make me feel things I'd never felt before.

- I can say that you made me feel the same way.

- Have you done this before? – and as Hyukjae just cleared his throat, Donghae laughed – Of course… You are an alpha.

- Let's not talk about it. I'm glad we made love, even if it wasn't in the most conventional way.

- We can do it again if omma isn't home. And this time we're going to do it in my room.

Hyukjae chuckled, kissed Donghae on the lips and whispered:

- You are full of surprises, prince.

Donghae smiled, hugged Hyukjae's neck and so they kissed once more as they closed their eyes to enjoy that moment of tranquility they had.

***

That night, Heechul arrived at Jungsu's house and sighed. He didn't want to suddenly appear with the news he had to tell, but there was nothing else he could do. Ryeowook wouldn't even look at Heechul and probably Donghae would do the same. If Jungsu ended everything, what would become of the alpha prince?

However, gathering what little courage he had in his being, Heechul knocked on the door and heard:

- Whoever it is, I don't think it's time to… – Jungsu opened the door and smiled in relief when he saw Heechul – Chul… I… What are you doing here at this hour?

- I just... Can I come in?

Jungsu nodded and pulled Heechul into his house.

- Kyuhyun! Come see who's here.

And then Kyuhyun ran out of his room and shouted:

- Daddy! – he hugged Heechul and giggled when his father carried him – I missed you, dad. Why did you come tonight?

- Because I took a long trip to see you. – Heechul hugged Kyuhyun tight – I missed you so much. – and pulled Jungsu into the hug – And I missed you too.

- We missed you. – Jungsu smiled and Kyuhyun said:

- Now you're going to kiss my appa like uncle Hyuk and uncle Hae kiss?

Heechul's eyes widened and Jungsu sighed.

- Why don't you go get the drawing you made for your father?

Kyuhyun nodded and ran to the room after Heechul put him down. And still trying to understand what was going on, the younger alpha asked:

- What does he mean by Donghae kissing Sir Lee?

- Well... I think you'll know that sooner or later, Heechul. – and when he saw Heechul rubbing his temples, Jungsu arched an eyebrow – What's going on?

- I need to talk to you, but Kyuhyun can't hear the conversation.

Jungsu nodded and went to Kyuhyun's room, telling him to make another cute drawing for Heechul. Then the alpha returned to the room and looked at his mate.

- What happened?

Heechul sighed.

- Appa knows about us.

- What?

- I told him I wanted to come live with you and Kyuhyun, but he didn't take it very well and made a big mess in my brothers' lives.

- Why?

- If I'm not going to marry a princess, Donghae and Ryeowook are going to marry someone. Wook is going to marry a prince or princess while Hae is going to marry a duke or a duchess. Appa wants them to continue the bloodline at all costs, so he's shifted all the responsibility that was on my back onto theirs.

- This is unbelievable. What did you do?

- I tried to talk to appa, but he didn't even hear me. He said I can't leave the palace until Ryeowook or Donghae has heirs and the heirs need to be alphas in order for one of them to take the throne as Emperor in the future.

Jungsu covered his mouth and shook his head. He didn't know what to say.

- And if you're going to live there until your appa has grandchildren, how are we going to be?

- He said that you and Kyuhyun can go live in the palace.

- No. Not that.

- I know you don't like the idea at all, but he won't change his mind. I'm forbidden to come here and I can't do anything about it.

- Why not?

- Because appa will reinforce the guard and I can only leave with ten guards on my heels. He will do the same thing to Donghae and Ryeowook so they don't run away. So if you don't move in with me, I don't know what else we can do. I don't want to pressure you, but this is our reality.

- And who would take care of me and Kyuhyun? Will the Emperor humiliate us and show that we are worthless? Is he going to tell us horrible things? My son is five years old, Heechul. He doesn't have the best life here, but he's comfortable and doesn’t need absolutely no one to remind him where he came from. And I don't want to hear the Emperor say I'm after a title. I don't care if you're a damn prince. I love you because you're Heechul, not the prince.

- Jungsu, I swear I wish I had another way to do this. I wanted to run away with you and Kyuhyun to another country and live there for the rest of our lives.

- And what stops you?

- My brothers. – Heechul was sincere – I can't let appa choose any suitor for them because I know they'll only get hurt. And knowing that Donghae and Sir Lee are getting involved, I see Donghae suffering a lot. Ryeowook no longer talks to me and makes a point of ignoring me when I'm around.

- And why do Kyuhyun and I have to live there?

- I'll protect you. Kyuhyun will be educated by me as if he were my pupil. And when I get my brothers out of this mess, I promise you and I will take our son far away from that palace and have our inn.

- And how will I know that this is true?

- You will only know if we live one day at a time.

- So you didn't come here just to see us.

- No. I came here to pick Donghae up too. The carriage is outside and we have to go tomorrow.

- Tomorrow?! It's too early to decide anything. How are we going to pack our things and get out of here? – and seeing that Heechul was very shaken, Jungsu hugged him and kissed the top of his head – I'm scared.

- Me too. I don't know what's going to happen here and all of this scares me in a way I never expected.

- Heechul… – Jungsu held the alpha's face – Kyuhyun and I will go with you, but I'll give you one year to sort this out.

- One year is too little.

- But it's all I can give you. I will not allow your appa to humiliate my son. Since he is a father who wants the best for his children, I will show that I am the same way. You need to remember that you're asking a lot of me

- I know and I'm glad you decided to go with me. And I promise I won't let appa humiliate you and Kyuhyun.

Jungsu sighed.

- Excellent. Let's start packing our things. – he stood up – Kyuhyun!

- What?!

- We're moving.

- And where are we going, appa?

- To the palace.

- And I'm going to see the horses!

Jungsu and Heechul laughed and thought it best to start packing up so they could travel the next day. But the hardest thing, knowing that his brother got involved with the guard, would be telling Donghae what was happening in the palace.

...---...
The next morning...

Donghae was packing his suitcase to leave and couldn't stop thinking about the day before with Hyukjae by the river. He blushed and chuckled softly as if he'd done something so forbidden it felt good at the same time. Donghae couldn't say he regretted it. He wished he'd made love to the alpha more often before heading back to the palace.

However, he's been without an alpha for many years and it wouldn't be that difficult – would it?

Anyway, Donghae finished packing his suitcase and put his hands on his hips. He knew the coachman would arrive the next day to pick him up, so he took the suitcase into the living room. Hyukjae was there talking to Chaeyeong and quickly helped Donghae who thanked him.

- I don't want you both to leave. – Chaeyeong said – You can stay here and the Emperor cannot take you away from here.

- I'll be back in a few weeks, omma. – Donghae hugged his mother and kissed her cheek – And when I get back, we'll spend a lot of time together. You won't even be able to look at me anymore.

- I doubt. Since you moved in with your appa, I've been alone for many years. Every day I will look at you and kiss and hug you.

Donghae laughed and Hyukjae said:

- At least you can't say your mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter