You, me, him and her

Ordinary You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist: B.A.P. – coffee shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VzuX88Dc_g  

 

Essayist: Kim Jungah

Recipient of the letter: Han Seolhee

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               19th September 2019

 

As days passed, the temperature dropped and the green leaves which originally protected us from the deeming light and summer heat turned colorful. With a blink of eye, it was already September. My 32nd birthday was nearly one month ago. Since then, I got extremely busy with the café, especially during season change as everyone is craving for pumpkin spice latte. I had to adjust the menu exchanging all those icy, fruityful summer drinks with warm, spicy coffee flavors.

 

 

And since then, I hadn’t seen Juhyun nor Seolhee. In return, my little brother Jongin visited me strangely every day for continuous weeks.

 

Since then, he seemed more happy, smiley, and cheerful without any doubt. Every day, he ordered his iced latte, took his time sipping on his drink, while observing the café as if he was anticipating something. I couldn’t tell exactly what it was, but his behavior was atypical these days.

 

I wanted to confront him, but I restrained myself. Instead, I decided to study his peculiar presence for a while. Moreover, today, his friend Moonkyu tagged along, as they are always together like husband and wife.

 

 

 

Soon, it was 10 PM which meant the closing time was near and another working day was coming towards the end.  Jongin and Moonkyu were still resting close to the order counter with their drink examining their environment.

 

 

“Jungah, are you still working madnessly?” I suddenlty heard a sweet, concerned voice which obviously belonged to my dearest best friend Seolhee approaching the order counter with her hands full of selfmade pastry which was evidently made for me. Behind her, I also saw a worried Juhyun coming in.

 

 

Seolhee is this kind of friend who is undoubtedly attentive with the greatest empathy someone can ever have. She remembers those small little details, gives the best advice, and cheers you up whether you feel sad, stressed, angry or just need a little break from life. She is always there and anytime available with her dumb jokes along with some self-made food or pastry which is by chance your favorite one. Yes, Han Seolhee is the sweetest. And in combination with Lee Juhyun, they are the perfect best friend duo. They always made sure to pay me a visit and lent some helping hands when I am the busiest. They are caring, thoughtful, and generous. They are honestly the best.

 

 

Hearing Seolhee’s soothing voice and seeing her graceful visuals made my day sweeter. Well, not only my day got sweeter, but it seemed like Jongin’s whole life got sweeter. I instantly noticed his change of action as he got up and greeted her shyly, “Hello …”, he bowed formally.

 

Juhyun who noticed that there were still people sitting at the café replied immediately, “I am so sorry for the disturbance; I didn’t expect some costumers still being here at this late hour. I am really sorry.”, bowing 90 degrees as an apology.

 

“There is nothing to be sorry about, we are not a regular customer. My name is – “, the other male said as he got interrupted, “Kim Jongin, hi … “, Seolhee greeted him formally with her glistering eyes when they me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter