Just Like Her

Unknown Romance of the Past

"Umma, gwenchana?"  The little six year old boy caressed the sobbing mother, wiping her tears. He was dangling freely in the hands of a brunette women as they traveled room by room to find a perfect, secured place. Dashing without mercy, the mother swung the closet door open while kneeling down. She placed him into the narrow closet, covering him with hanging coats and hoodies. "Umma?"

"Shh, Myungdae play hide and seek okay? Umma will look-" The door banged louder with murderous screams and yelling, interrupting part of her sentence. "Umma will be the seeker? Stay low, ne? Whatever you do Myungdae, don't say anything, arasso?" The mother had a strained smile as she watched the boy nod his head confusingly. She places her index finger above her lips, indicating him to be quiet as she closed the small door, locking it from the outside. 

"Open the damn door Jessica!" The brunette jumped in surprise, forgetting her surprise visitor. The women named Jessica clenched her fist, but quickly hid behind the cabinets. Soon, the door was destroyed in many pieces, taking cover from the wood debris. Slightly opening her eyes, Jessica was faced to face with a person with a mask. "Where's Myungdae?" The masked women threatened, holding a sharp object in her hand.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She choked in fear, forcing her words to come out as a whisper. The brunette winced in pain as the blade poked her chest, causing her to breath heavily. "He's not here!" She gain a little confidence and backed closer to the wall.

"I don't want to hear any of your lies. Face it Jessica, Taecyeon never loved you. All he wanted was your body, money, your looks, and now he wants that kid gone." The anonymous person snapped at the brunette, digging her weapon deeper inside of Jessica. "And the hard way it is, since you're not telling me where the child is! Tell me and I'll spare your life." 

"I'll... risk my life... Just don't." she cried in pain, trying to kick the unknown person off from her. Tears stained her cheeks from the pain and the words she was spat with. *Jinki was right. Must save Myungdae* 

"Wise choice, I'll kill you and your child as my revenge for Taecyeon oppa." She laughed hysterically, letting the blade insert fully into Jessica's chest. "You stole my love from him and now you will die." The masked lady smirked, watching the pale girl coughing out blood violently. 

"The police are here! Get away from her!" Jinki screamed, barging inside the house while being followed by a few policemen. Guns were pointed at the suspicious women, but the mysterious person stood still, smirking. A planned was set out for the women. She watched the police, and simply kicked Jessica aside, hard. Quickly jumping out the closest window before she could get caught. The kick was used for a faster death since Jessica was already weakened immensely. 

Myungdae was trembling in fear, hearing his mother crying in pain and the word police. For a little boy, he couldn't process the event easily and all he could do was sit inside the humid room, banging for the door to open. "Umma..." he repeated, feeling his tears fall endlessly.

"Sooyeon... Sooyeon... SOOYEON!" Jinki sobbed. He rushed to her side, laying her head onto his chest. The younger boy yelled in agony as he shook the unconscious body, hoping for her to respond. Without any movement from the girl, his wails were getting louder and louder like a crescendo. All of the SNSD members and SHINee members arrived, finding Jinki weeping with Jessica laying on him. All eight girls dashed towards the two figures, laying helplessly on the cold, hard ground. 

"Sica!"  The brunette's nine best friends yelled in unison, each gasping simultaneously when they discovered the lifeless girl. 

"How can this be? Jinki what happened?" Tiffany ordered, holding back her tears. Letting each tear to fall freely, losing all her patience towards the younger boy. All Jinki could do was stare at the upset girl blankly, with his blood-shot eyes. He remained silent, caressing Jessica's pale face as he heard his dongsaengs talking to the police. As for Kyungsoon, she stood behind the crowd, letting it stir up in chaos. Carefully, she heard light banging from another room. 

"What was that?" She whispered to herself, following the endless knocking. The sound was clearer as she got closer to the room with a locked closet in the corner of the room. Cautiously, she unlocked the door to find a little boy with red eyes, crying his heart out. 'Umma' was the only word the boy said, sometimes slurring it. "Myungdae?" Kyung kneeled in front of the trembling boy, patting his hair with affection. 

"Umma..."

"It's gonna be okay Myungdae." She hugged the boy, picking him up carefully while making her way back to the living room. When she arrived back to the area where everyone was crowded in, they looked at her and at the boy she was holding. She adjusted the boy in her arms, feeling her sleeve coated with tears from Jessica's son. Kyung walked beside Jonghyun, still holding onto the young child. 

"Where did you find him?" Jonghyun whispered to the shorter girl, ruffling Jason's soft hair. Then receiving a glare from the irritated, flustered boy. 

"In the closet... I heard him hitting the door." She whispered back, letting the restless child go reluctantly.

Once Myungdae got to the floor, he made his way through to find his umma. Pushing the long, slender legs aside that belonged to his Soshi aunts. He finally reached his umma... but she was laying unconsciously onto a man that he couldn't recognize. What as his name, Jinki? Myungdae assumed it was man's doing and he was furious and was overly frighten. After seeing a large amount of blood, he was struck with fear and more anger. 

"UMMA!" he screamed with all his might.

 

Jason jolted upright, feeling his heart thump rapidly. Cold sweat beading down his face and body, he was frustrated and terrified from the absurd dream. "Stupid nightmare... stupid Onew's apartment." he muttered under his breath while rubbing his temples. Jason turned his head to check the clock, seeing it was already noon. His fingers gently glided through his hair, attempting to fix his bed hair. "Was that me and who's Jinki?" He questioned himself, it had looked so clear and real. Then the door creaked, opening slightly. Jason was startled to see Onew entering his room.

"Oh you're up." Onew said nonchalantly, swinging his chicken leg like he was going to throw it towards the ceiling. "You slept through breakfast so I thought we go to a restaurant and get some food for lunch." He shrugged, continuing his dangling with the chicken. Jason just glared at the former, throwing one of pillow at Onew.

"No thanks." Jason said coldly giving Onew his trademark 'Ice Prince' glare, "I can already tell you ate lunch." He pointed to the poultry in his "dad's" hand. No, not even dad, Jason hated the man so much, he didn't consider him as his dad like the rest of SHINee. 

"This? It's my snack." Onew raised one of his brows, "But if you want it..." He stuck the chicken in front of Jason's face, wiggling it like a tease. The younger boy could feel his stomach rumbled in displeasure, begging for food. It didn't help his hunger because it was chicken. Chicken is his most beloved food but it was curse since the chicken manic, Onew, treasures chicken more then he does. Sad isn't it?

"N-no. Just go away." Jason strained himself from attacking the meat. The way it steamed, it's juicy juices, the crispy tender skin, and probably the most delicious white piece of meat was hiding under that golden skin. "No thanks," pushing the chicken away from his face. "I'll eat lunch with Minho appa."

"Can't, he's at basketball practice. And afterwards, he going to fire department." Onew smirked, knowing his roommates were busy with work or other activities. 

"I'll go with Key appa." 

"Nope, he's with Tiffany noona. They're at a fashion show, west of Seoul." The chicken manic shook his head.

"Jonghyun appa?" 

"Can't do. He's on a date with Kyung." Onew chuckled, "Those two love dorks. "

"Taemin appa?" Jason prayed mentally for the dancing king to be free. In his whole life, he couldn't and would never want to hang out with Onew. Just never.

"Yee- No. He's also busy with who knows what."

"Then it's settled, I'll stay inside the room until one of them comes back from... whatever." The teenager groaned, falling back onto bed. Tiredly covering himself with the blankets. 

"Aish kids these days." Onew muttered and ripped the blankets off Jason's body," Yah! Wake up."

Jason scoffed," You're not my dad , don't tell me what to do."

Onew sighed and rolled his eyes," I've taken care of you ever since you were six Jason. "

"I've taken care of you since you were six Jason." Jason mimicked in a high pitched voice, "Oh just shut up Onew."

"Onew appa ." Onew corrected.

"Onew..." Jason muttered," What kind of name is that? It sounds stupid."

Onew hesitated and gave the fifteen year old one last glance, "Fine. You don't want to go out and eat with me? Then fine, but at least get dressed so that when the others get back you can go and eat."

"Ugh just shut up!" Jason yelled and threw his pillow at Onew. Onew gasped as the chicken leg flung out of his hand and accidently out the window.

Onew stood there glaring at the window but then turned his glare to Jason, "Okay. That's it. You are going to eat lunch with me whether you like it or not." Onew grabbed Jason's leg and started pulling him off the bed.

"Aish! I said I would wait until someone else came home!" Jason whined.

"YOU MADE MY CHICKEN GO OUT THE WINDOW!" Onew yelled.

"Let me change then!" Jason huffed when he was pulled to the ground, landing on his .

 

Jason looked out the window was Onew drove them out to lunch. Onew cleared his throat, "Where do you wanna go Jason?"

"I wanna eat ice cream." Jason said dully.

Onew seemed taken back at this and his grip tightened on the steering wheel, "Just like her." He whispered to himself.

"Huh?" Jason asked turning to look at Onew.

"Nothing. Ice cream for lunch then."

 

Jason sat across from Onew. Jason was busy eating his ice cream while Onew was stuffing his face in some fried chicken. Onew took a quick sip of his soda," Yah, would you stop looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Jason asked.

"That Ice Prince glare of yours."

Jason intensified his glare, "What Ice Prince glare?"

Onew rolled his eyes, "Forget it. "

Jason stood up and took out his wallet, "I'm getting myself more ice cream." Onew nodded and then resumed eating while Jason walked up to the counter, "Ajumma, could I have another strawberry ice cream cone?"

Onew paused his eating when he heard this," Just like her again.." He muttered to himself and then resumed eating.

"Of course kiddo." The ajumma smiled at him, "Ah such a nice looking boy."

Jason smiled. He was told that he had his dad's looks. Jason was exactly 6 feet tall, he was tall for his age of 15. Jonghyun would rant about how Jason's dad just had to be taller than himself. Jason ran his hand through his dark brown hair. He had his hair down unlike usual where he would have his hair spiked up and wore the dark brown designer glasses Key had given him. He wore a long sleeved red and blue plaid shirt and  baggy faded blue jeans. From what Jason knew, his face resembled his dad's more but his mom gave him the flower boy/ulzzang touch. Jason gave the vendor another smile as she handed him his ice cream cone, "Kamasahamnida ajumma." He gave the ajumma a quick 90 degree bow and then took his time walking back to Onew.

"Jason Jung, just hurry up and come over here! I know you're taking your sweet time kid!" Onew called from their table.

Jason rolled his eyes," I'm coming!" He called back, "Geez." He muttered. Right before he sat down, he realized how close they were to his Soshi ummas' place, "Onew, I'm gonna go walk to my Soshi ummas."

Onew sighed and nodded, "Alright, but be home in a few hours."

Jason resisted the urge to smile at Onew. He would and could not ever smile at that man. Jason turned and started towards the Soshi apartments. He could never smile at the man that ruined his life.

Onew watched as Jason walked farther and farther away from him. He smiled sadly to himself and drew squiggly lines on his plate with a chicken bone, "He's more like his mother than his father.. "He muttered to himself.