Chapter 3

From Zero to Eleven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun wanders into the kitchen. He woke up just a few minutes before and after washing his face, decided to walk into the kitchen. He is quite hungry. He hasn't had anything to eat properly since the day before. He sees Minseok tip toeing, trying to reach for something on the shelf above him. His body moves naturally towards Minseok instead of away. He is reminded of where he is.

 

"Let me help you with that, Minseok-ssi." Sehun says. He leans forward and grabs the salt from the top shelf. Minseok and Kyungsoo usually keep it on the lower shelf but certain tall brats move it around, just to get beaten up by the latter.

 

Minseok shakes his head and mutters under his breath, "One day, I swear, I am going to put salt in their desserts, just for those giant idiots."

 

Sehun laughs, he kind of wants to help Minseok prank the others. He doesn't want to join the actual pranksters yet. It just feels so comfortable, like he is coming back to a long lost home he didn't know existed just for him. He just fits somehow. It isn't awkward at all. He is not that nervous anymore.

 

Minseok turns to Sehun and says, "Just call me... us, hyung, Sehun-ah. Don't be so formal, please."

 

Just be yourself. Be comfortable.

 

Kyungsoo walks in to help Minseok. It is their routine. Out of the eleven - now twelve - only Minseok, Kyungsoo, Luhan and Junmyeon know how to cook. The others don't even try. And it is not an easy task to cook for so many people, especially when all of them eat quite a lot. And there are people like Chanyeol and Jongin who just destroy the kitchen and add additional tasks to Minseok and Kyungsoo's plate. The others don't even do cleaning up well.

 

Sehun watches fondly as Minseok helps Kyungsoo with his apron and fusses around Kyungsoo. Minseok pushes Sehun towards the dining table chair and places a plate of cookies and warm milk before him. "Eat, you look famished. Just give us sometime to finish the actual breakfast."

 

"Can I help, h-hyung?" Sehun asks, sipping the warm milk. It hits the spot.

 

Kyungsoo looks at him, it is like he is glaring at Sehun but Sehun knows better, Kyungsoo just has really bad sight and his eyes naturally look like they are stabbing at people, he is just trying to focus, despite having his glasses on. "After you eat, Sehun."

 

Minseok adds, "Slowly."

 

Sehun smiles sheepishly, he doesn't wolf down the cookies, he savors them slowly - healthy oats cookies, not the chocolate ones, looks like there are some health freaks around and honestly, someone has to watch out for the others. Sehun is sure that he can recognize who is who. He himself is neither though.

 

Minseok and Kyungsoo get started at it and soon Luhan and Junmyeon join in to help. Sehun watches them. They work together seamlessly, fitting in like puzzle pieces, not having to speak.

 

Minseok asks softly, "Do you actually know how to cook, Sehun ah?"

 

Junmyeon startles a little. He can be a bit drama queen at times. He looks at Sehun. "You are not like Chanyeol, right? He literally just enters the kitchen and everything burns down. All he has to do is look, that's all. He lied to us because he wanted to help and we found it out the hard way. If you don't know, please, it is all right, don't force yourself, just stay safe."

 

And let others be safe. Unsaid words linger in the air making Sehun smile.

 

Junmyeon talks a lot and also gets ignored a lot, apparently. But that doesn't stop him.

 

Sehun isn't a great cook. He knows only the basics. He usually lives on boxed lunches from convenience stores or orders in or eats some salad, sandwich and bubble tea at the café. He is very busy near his deadlines but other times, he tries to cook at home, especially when he is bored. He is not clumsy. He doesn't enjoy cooking as an art but he knows stuff, yea. Cutting, measuring, easy dishes. He has to fend for himself after all.

 

Sehun nods, "Basics, yes."

 

He patters around helping the four and there are no major accidents. Luhan tells this proudly to Baek and Chan but they just protest loudly. looking unimpressed and Luhan gives up. Nothing is going to change the two mischief mongers.

 

The twelve sit down for breakfast. And Sehun blooms inside when Yixing, Jongdae and Chanyeol keep filling up his plate and glass. It has been a long time since he ate this much. That too healthy and delicious. Sehun usually only eats on his own. Not like he had a choice. This is a nice change.

 

Sehun gets up to help Yixing get desserts and clean up plates automatically.

 

Tao and Jongin burst at the same time, "Can't we just keep him, hyungs?" 

 

Sehun startles a little as they start letting out weird high pitched noises and everyone else just takes it in stride. They look like they just want to pet or cuddle or squish him or something. He isn't a puppy, do they think that? He hasn't been here for long but he has seen them do things like these so easily with each other. Naturally, they want to do it to him too. The youngest ones are very, very clingy. He feels like an elder brother to Jongin and Tao, to be honest. He can't picture Chanyeol as elder than him too.

 

Jongin asks, "Can't he move in, right now?"

 

Tao parrots it. "Right now, yes. It will be very good for all of us, including him."

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol nod frantically, backing up Tao and Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo glares at the five, this time, it is really a glare because the five shrink back. "We have talked about this."

 

Junmyeon adds, "It is up to Sehunnie."

 

Kyungsoo, Minseok and Luhan look betrayed at Junmyeon's words while Yixing and Kris just shrug, they don't even look surprised at Junmyeon's change in direction, they just take it in stride. Eleven pair of eyes are locked onto Sehun and Sehun freezes again. Like a deer. It is not a bad situation though. Just new. Good new? Maybe.

 

Kyungsoo breaks the silence. "Sehun, none of us can pressure you into it. You don't have to say yes if you don't want to and that is perfectly understandable." He looks at the others as if daring one of them to say otherwise. No one does.

 

Sehun blurts out, "I want to move in." 

 

Kyungsoo asks hesitantly, "Sehun?"

 

Sehun just nods and smiles sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. He can be impulsive too, apparently and Kyungsoo doesn't seem convinced, Sehun doesn't blame him.

 

Sehun's mind wanders. Is there even an empty room? The house is pretty big but would there be an actual unused room? They seem to have a lot of stuff, especially work related.

 

All of them seem to have an individual room and there is probably a common bedroom or rooms. Sehun can't picture the eleven of them sleeping in their own bedrooms, hell no. Who would want to when there are lovely mates for cuddles and happiness? No, Sehun isn't needy or lonely, he isn't.

 

It is interesting how he was hesitant and he isn't, 180 degree much Sehun?

 

It is an independent house with a security guard outside. It is more like a mansion given how big it is. There is a ground floor and an upper level. Huge Living Room. Huge Kitchen. Multiple bedrooms on both levels. There is a gym, a pool, a garden, a greenhouse, a library, music and dance and photography studio, art room outside. 

 

Chanyeol told him all the details excitedly and called dibs on showing him around, ignoring the loud protests from everyone else. Chanyeol couldn't stop talking the entire time they were eating, he was very excited and vocal and clumsily cute and open about it, claiming the spot next to Sehun. Sehun didn't feel like the new kid or toy or an object in a bad way. Chanyeol is a nice guy. Excited but nice.

 

All of his mates seem nice. Few look serious but none of them are rude. Weird, crazy, yes. But bad? No. Definitely not. Sehun isn't a good judge of characters but he can tell.

 

And it looks like music isn't Chanyeol's only interest, given how Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter