Chapter 02

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day finally came wherein Johnny is getting married with Yuna, the girl he's been crushing on since high school. You never thought that Johnny will be the first among the three of you who will get married. You always thought that Jaehyun was the first one who would settle down and create his own little family. 

 

It was an intimate wedding held at a hotel. Only close friends and family members were invited. Of course Jaehyun is Johnny's best man. You couldn't help but laugh at Johnny who's crying his heart out when Yuna is walking down the aisle. Jaehyun is also trying to hold his laughter during that time because he knows that it's not the right moment to laugh. 

 

Jaehyun is practically glued to Johnny the whole time because they had to take a lot of photos after the celebration. You were left with Mark, one of Johnny's close friends in uni. The both of you chatted while waiting for the newlywed couple to arrive at the celebration hall. 

 

You and Mark chatted about anything. From uni, to your work lives, and about life in general. Mark is so friendly and fun to be with. There was never an awkward time from the moment you met each other an hour ago. Mark would share about how Johnny is way back in uni and would share about his work life. You find yourself sharing some funny stories with him as well, especially the embarrassing moments of Johnny as a human being. 

 

Jaehyun arrived at the hall and scanned the whole area, looking for you. He started walking towards you but stopped momentarily as he saw you laughing with Mark. Jaehyun knew who Mark was and he never thought that he would see you hanging out with him. Something inside Jaehyun twisted and he felt a surge of emotions that he never felt before. He's not used to seeing you hanging out with another male other than him. 

 

When you saw Jaehyun standing and looking at you, you waved at him. Jaehyun walked towards your table and sat next to you. He nodded to Mark, acknowledging his presence and Mark nodded back and busied himself with his phone. 

 

"Sorry, there were a lot of things happening back there. Johnny wouldn't stop asking for lots of photos." Jaehyun confessed before finishing a glass of water. 

 

You laughed at him. "Johnny took advantage of you because he knows how you hate being photographed." 

 

Jaehyun snorted at your statement. "You should've been there. We haven't had a decent picture with him and Yuna." 

 

Before you could reply to Jaehyun, Mark distracted you with his question which you answered right away. After that, you started talking to Mark again, forgetting about Jaehyun's existence beside you. You spent the night talking to Mark and Jaehyun would try to get your attention by accidentally spilling the water on the table, making funny compliments about the food being served, and would sometimes join your conversation with Mark but he would miserably fail. 

 

The night deepened and Mark bid his farewell. Jaehyun's face scrunched up when you guys hugged and exchanged numbers. 

 

"Hey! You're here!" You jokingly said as you turned your full attention to Jaehyun. "Sorry Jae, I couldn't stop talking to him. He's fun to be with. I wonder why Johnny didn't introduce him to us." Jaehyun didn't answer. 

 

"Finally found the two of you!" Johnny appears with Yuna. 

 

You instantly smiled upon seeing the two of them. "You're so pretty Yuna! I'm still wondering what made you say yes to this crackhead." Your statement earned a slight punch from Johnny. "Yah!" 

 

"While I got the two of you, let's take a photo." Johnny said and pulled out his phone. 

 

The four of you posed in front of the camera and made funny faces. While laughing, you noticed Jaehyun's silence. He's very good at making funny faces but this time, he would just either shoot up his brows or pull out his tongue. 

 

"Hey, are you okay? Tired?" You nudged at him. 

 

Johnny looked at Jaehyun and they both exchanged looks which you didn't know about. Johnny rolled his eyes at Jaehyun and sighed. 

 

"Is everything okay?" You asked as you looked at Johnny and then to Jaehyun. 

 

"Let's go babe. I'll chat with you guys soon. You should help us when we move to our new house." Johnny said and pulled Yuna to talk with the other guests. 

 

You looked at Jaehyun, trying to decode his blank face. "What was that Jae? Did you guys plan something that I'm not part of?" Jaehyun didn't budge. 

 

You hate it when Jaehyun won't tell you something when it's obvious that he's hiding something. "Are you going to share it with me or not?" You tried again but still Jaehyun didn't answer. 

 

"Fine." You crossed your arms on your chest and pouted like a child. 

 

Finally Jaehyun looked at you and smiled at your reaction. Jaehyun stood up and sighed another time. "Fine. Let's go somewhere and I'll tell you everything."

 

You gave him a dubious look. "Everything?" 

 

"Everything." Jaehyun assured. 

 

The two of you went to the top floor of the hotel building. Upon arriving, you saw a Japanese restaurant and a coffee shop. It's two of your favorite things in the world - Japanese food and coffee. 

 

"I reserved a table for us at the Japanese restaurant because I knew you would crave a good sushi plate." Jaehyun said as both of you walked towards the Japanese restaurant. 

 

Jaehyun never failed to surprise you with his small actions. You've been craving sushi since they didn't serve any during the wedding because Yuna is allergic to sushi. Your heart melted with Jaehyun's gesture. You never expected this from him. 

 

Both of you are seated across each other and you couldn't hide the huge smile plastered on your face. You're smiling from ear to ear because you're about to eat your favorite comfort food. Jaehyun is smiling upon seeing your face. 

 

"Are you that happy to eat sushi?" Jaehyun asked as he poured out tea for you. 

 

You nodded excitedly. "How did you know that I'm craving sushi?"

 

"You didn't touch your food earlier because you're too busy talking to Mark. Your eyes sparkled when he mentioned sushi and Japanese food. It so happened that they have this here so I thought that I'll book a table for us." Jaehyun explained. 

 

"Of course. Mr Jung Jaehyun and his amazing surprises. You are the best Jae. Like, THE BEST."  

 

Jaehyun can only smile at your statement. 

 

Both of you devoured the food that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter