Chapter 01

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Johnny have been friends since the beginning of time. Both of your families are close to one another to the point that everyone practically thinks that the two of you are siblings. Jaehyun came into the picture way back in high school. Jaehyun transferred to your school and he instantly became friends with Johnny because they share the same interests. You became jealous of Jaehyun for snatching Johnny from you, but you ended up being friends with Jaehyun as well. From thereon, the three of you are inseparable. 

 

"Oh come on, don't tell me that there was never a time you fell for either one of them." Nina, one of your close female friends asked. 

 

You pondered for a minute and couldn't really think of a time wherein you got attracted to either Johnny or Jaehyun. You shook your head, "they're my closest friends. It so happened that they're both male. Can't male and female be friends without having a romantic relationship? Besides, Johnny is in a relationship already." 

 

Nina rolled her eyes at you. "I know, but I'm talking about Jaehyun. The guy is practically in love with you. Who in their right mind would always check up on you every now and then, and would pick you up after uni? No male friend would do that." 

 

"Jaehyun is different, he's not that type of guy you know." You defended. 

 

"Yeah right. Talk about that time he practically punched that senior who tried to hit on you." 

 

Upon hearing that, your mind went back to that time when Jaehyun was fuming because a senior in your department tried to harass you. Johnny had a group meeting at that time so he wasn't there. But you didn't expect Jaehyun to be so overprotective. You explained to him what happened and told him that you're perfectly fine but he wouldn't budge. 

 

"Touch her again and you'll definitely regret it." Jaehyun hissed through gritted teeth. 

 

"Jae, I swear to God I'm fine. He didn't touch me or anything. I was about to throw a punch at him but you suddenly came and stole the spotlight." You explained but he's not buying it. 

 

He's gripping the steering wheel of his car to the point that his knuckles turned white. 

 

"I swear if he touches you again...."

 

"He won't." You cut him. "I won't let him touch me again, okay? So calm down or you'll break your steering wheel. Johnny texted me and said to meet him at his place." 

 

"I won't let him touch you again." Jaehyun said before stepping on the gas.

 

After that incident, Jaehyun became a mom to you. He practically checks on you every now and then, and drives you home. He would wait for you until you finish your schedule. 

 

One time, while Jaehyun was waiting for you to finish your last class, he's hanging out at the library and accidentally bumped into Rose. Everyone knows that Rose has a huge crush on Jaehyun, and every student is practically shipping the two of them. But Jaehyun flatly rejected Rose's confession which shocked you and Johnny. Even the two of you are rooting for them but to your dismay, Jaehyun killed the fun. 

 

When you arrived at the library and saw the two of them sitting together. Rose would sometimes slap Jaehyun's arm as Jaehyun shared something funny with her. You stopped at your track and just stared at the two of them. For some reason, you felt the knot on your stomach tightening and you felt your heart being pierced by needles. 

 

When Jaehyun looked up and saw you, he immediately smiled. He smiled widely, showing his deep dimples and your heart started pounding against your chest. All you could do is stare right back at him as your brain started forming a lot of thoughts. Why do I feel like this? you asked yourself as you stare at a smiling Jaehyun. 

 

"Hey, are you alright? You've been silent since we left uni. Are you sick?" Jaehyun asked. The two of you are on your way to his apartment since he asked you to help him with some school work. 

 

Then you started asking yourself if you're alright. You assessed what you felt earlier when you saw Jaehyun hanging out with Rose, and the unexplainable feeling you felt when you saw the two of them together. 

 

"Are you..." you started and played the dainty pendant of your necklace. You always do this whenever you feel anxious or nervous. 

 

"Am I what?" Jaehyun urged as the car slowed down due to the red light. Jaehyun glanced at you and he instantly knew that something is off from the way you speak and act. Jaehyun knows all the little actions you do, from the way you stutter, bite your lower lip, or even touch the pendant of your necklace. He knows that something's going on and you won't tell him. But this time, he brushed it off and let you be. 

 

"Johnny said that he'll try to swing by after his class. Let me order pizza before he arrives, because we both know that we won't be able to eat any slice when he's here." Jaehyun disappeared and went to his room. 

 

You haven't said a single word until you passed the red light earlier. You're trying to process everything that's happening inside your head, including the crazy beating of your heart. You haven't felt this feeling for a long time and you wonder why this happened when you saw Jaehyun and Rose together. Just thinking about what you saw at the library makes your heart ache.

 

Jaehyun appeared again and stopped midway as he realized that you're still standing in the middle of his small place. He walked towards you and you instantly smelled his familiar scent. 

 

"You're not okay. What is it? What's bothering you?" Jaehyun asked as he scanned your face as if he's looking for answers to his questions. 

 

"Is it p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter