The Last One

The First One [Two-Shots]

 

[Mi Young]

It must have been the hardest thing I could ever do in this world. To leave the one I love crying, standing there broken hearted and is not able to move. I walked at a normal pace wishing he would run after me and make me change my mind. But I guess I hit the worst vulnerable spot in his body. Selfish as I may sound, I wanted him to run after me and whisper words that I can use to escape reality.

Flash back started hitting me. The more they come the more I cry knowing that not long now I'm gonna forget all of it. I'm gonna forget he even existed.

--- Flashback ---

“Miss Kim I think we're gonna have to run more test” the doctor said with a worried look on his face. I knew I was sick but the question is how sick? Naomi and I have decided to visit the doctor because I haven't been myself lately. I forget things so easily and I sleep walk at night and sometimes I don't even remember where I live. I told Naomi it's because me and Nick always fight but she wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with me.

I didn't call Nichkhun about this doctor appointment I didn't want to worry him. I didn't want to disturb him with his busy life. I understand him; I mean I did go out with a celebrity you know.

“How long would it take? Because I need to get back to teaching my students” I said.

“From the results that we have now I don't think it'll be wise if you go on and teach kids. I don't think it's a good idea” he said. Am I that sick? That I can't even teach my kids anymore?

“Tell me what is wrong with me? Or what could possibly be wrong with me?”

“This is not going to be easy but it looks like you have Alzheimer. It’s a rare disease for a 20 year old like you. But we have to make sure so we have to run more test. But for the time being I'm afraid you can't teach anyone. We have to make sure you're okay. You can't go out by yourself, you have to have someone with you even if it's just a walk in the park” he said.

I agreed to what he wanted me to do. I needed to know whether this is Alzheimer disease or not.

---- End Of Flashback ----

The results came back, that disease really is there. I've studied that disease before, it was part of my research for nursing. But I never pursue the career of nursing.

Ever since I found out about my disease I started to fight with Nichkhun. I wanted him to break my heart, as bad as that sounds. It is better if he breaks my heart than having to break his. But none of it seemed to have worked. I was still the one who had to end the relationship.

Every where I go Naomi follows me even if she doesn't walk beside me she's there with me. I didn't know what else to do, or what else to say. I just walked away from a guy who loves me very much. I walked away from my whole future, I walked away from life.

When I know I was far away from Nichkhun I dropped to the ground. All the emotions are taking over. I felt two hands grabbing me by the shoulder.

“Y-A-H!” Naomi said struggling. She was crying, she knows how hard it was for me to just walk away and forget about Nichkhun. She picked me up and we started heading for the hospital. My disease reached its advanced stage. I'm even surprise I can still manage the way I can. Normally people who have Alzheimer and who are in their advance stage won't be able to do what I do. Every now and then I struggle to talk; I don't remember anyone around me or me. I'm fighting for Nichkhun; I'm fighting so that maybe if I get better we can be one again... Two is better than one.

We reached the hospital, Naomi and I didn't talk to each other at all. She didn't know what to say to me and I didn't know what to say to her. She warned me about breaking it off with Nichkhun, she told me that this isn't gonna do me any good.

“You're too cliché Mi Young” she said as she tucks me in.

“Naomi, don't start” I replied. She looked at me filled with worry and pain. I can't imagine what she's going through. I'm the only one left in her life. The only one she's depending on and now it's the other way around; I'm depending on her.

= - = - = - = - =

Days, weeks and months have passed. I can barely hold a pen; I can hardly communicate with anyone. I was getting worst and worst. I watch Nichkhun perform every now and then. He still looks the same, his winks still melts the girls. He did tell his manager to stop making him do the winks; he is not a wink machine.

I miss him, I miss us. I'm not gonna give up, although I know I'm weaker now and I can hardly remember what I've been doing or who have I been seeing I don't care. This fight is a fight I want to win, I need to win.

“Mi Young?” I tilted my head to the side and found Naomi staring at me. I couldn't keep my eyes open I was tired, I needed sleep. I needed a rest.

“Naomi, thank you” I said and she smiled at me.
“I'm gonna rest for awhile, wake me up at 7:30; Nick's performing @ Inkigayo” she nodded her head and I fell asleep.


=x=x=x=x=

I opened my eyes not remembering who I was or where I was. I saw the television on, there was a group of guys dancing. Singing to a song I don't even understand, I can't even say a word. Then a girl started speaking next to me, she just kept on talking and talking. I didn't understand a word she was saying. I looked her way and stuttered; “WH—o... Are... You?” I couldn't talk at all. I saw the shock on the girls face, and then tears fell. She immediately hugged me and continued sobbing. After a minute of her hugging me, she pointed at the television. There was a guy singing. He was very good looking. His eyes were really nice; it was dark black. I don't know if such colour exist but that's how it looks like. His face was white; he looked like a fragile baby because of that. His lips were beautiful red. He was beautiful in every way.

I don't remember him.

I don't remember this place.

I don't remember who this girl is next to me. Then suddenly the guy on TV barged into my room. He looked at me with pain, tears streaming down his face... then he smiled. I felt an ache in my heart, but I don't know why. Who is this person in my life?

He ran my way and hugged me tight as well. For some unexplainable reason my sense came back. I could hear and understand what the person on TV was saying. Then I felt his tears dripped down my clothes.

“Mi Young~Ah” the guy whispered in my ears. Mi Young must be my name, so beautiful.

“PABO!” he continued. Then suddenly he pulled away and planted a kiss on my lips. I pushed him away and slapped him. He looked at me confused; he looked at me with even more pain.

“IT'S ME NICKHUN!!!” he screamed while tugging me back and forth. He continued to cry and continued to weep; I didn't know what to say.

“I... do—n--t  ... K-no-w yo-u-” I stuttered once again. He stopped and held onto my arms crying. I just stared at him motionless and not knowing what to say next.

“Mi Young, please don't joke like that” he begged. I shook my head and looked back at him. I was confused yet I felt safe with his presence. The girl next to me handed him a letter. She smiled at me and walked out of the room. The guy, Nichkhun, calmed himself down and sat next to me. He slowly opened the letter while holding my hands.

“This is your letter for me” he said in between his sobs. I felt my heart aching even more. Whoever this guy is, he must love me a lot. He then started reading the letter.

Dearest Nichkhun,

I know it hurts right now, seeing me and not knowing who you are. I know it is painful but just bear with it, I'm sure somehow, somewhere I'll remember again. I'm writing this before I can ever forget our memories. The memories we shared is somehow starting to fade away. I sit everyday in the same bed, trying to write down every moment we've spent together but every time I get half way I always seem to stop, I can never finish. I guess it really is meant to be that way; I can't finish anything.

Our relationship was just halfway yet I already stopped. It is not easy for me to be here. To be sitting here writing this letter, knowing that maybe tomorrow all of this memory will just disappear along with my heart. I was scared and I still am; but I want to keep on fighting even though I know I might lose. But for you Nick I'll keep fighting.

Miane- Miane for forgetting you. For forgetting you're my first but don't worry by the looks of it you're my last. I love you Nichkhun, although I wait slowly as our memories withers away; I still love you. Don't give up on me okays? Stay by my side... I love you Nick. You're my first and my last one...

 Love always ; Mi Young”

= - = - = - =

= There's always first for everything right? I didn't know how to end it so I'm sorry if my Two-Shot . I'll stick with long story and one-shot bwahahha. Anyways thanks for reading hope you guys like it.