Chapter 2

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina was sitting on the sofa bed staring at the stacks of money in front of her. Surprisingly she wasn’t as happy as she expected she'd be.

She closed her eyes and remembered the events that led her here.

Kyungwan was deep asleep. Mina grabbed the latter’s phone and saved Bangchan’s number in it. She sent a message to him, a sign that the plan is doing great.

Using a handkerchief, she pulled out a gun that she had kept in her bag. She placed it in Kyungwan’s hand making sure her fingertips were on the gun. She yelped and took a deep breath before she left the room.

A few minutes later, she met Bangchan and handed him the gun.

“We're billionaires!” He whispered as he hugged Mina and gave the money bag “Go to my grandma’s house, I'll meet you there.”

Mina nodded and faked a smile at him as he rushed outside the motel.

Mina smirked and put the phone to her ear. “I would like to report two people that are responsible for the bank’s robbery… Bangchan and Yoo Kyungwan”

~~

Bangchan drove to Kyungwan’s house to continue the rest of the plan.

He broke in and placed pictures of the security guy and the bank’s plan along with the gun on the table, in Kyungwan's room. He made sure he had placed all the evidence.

As soon as he got out of Kyungwan’s house, two police officers quickly arrested him “Hey! wh-whats going on?”

“You are arrested for robbing a bank alongside your partner”

“WHA-“ Bangchan frowned when he realized that he was betrayed by Mina. “That ” He cursed under his breath as he was dragged to the police station.

 

Mina, on the other hand was watching the officers search Bangchan’s house where she placed his plans on his bed along with some photoshopped pictures of him and Kyungwan.

She took a deep breath before she made a phone call.

“This is Myoui Mina, please make sure all the paperwork is done. I'll fly to the US next week with my mother. Yes, I have it” she stated.

She rubbed her face and ruffled her black hair, “It’s all for you mom” she said.

But… was ruining two people's lives really for her mom or for herself?

~~

Police station

Kyungwan was still in shock, wondering why everyone was yelling at her. They were accusing her of things she doesn’t have any idea of.

“Where did you hide the money?” asked the investigator, his death glares were scaring the out of the poor girl.

“For the hundredth time, I don’t know what you're talking about!”

“Why did you kill that poor guy?”

“Kim was my colleague! I am still devastated and trying to process that he's gone!” She yelled.

The investigator called 'Lee' laughed before he slapped Kyungwan causing her to fall on the ground.

She didn't expect she would get hit, followed by a kick to her stomach. He held her hair and pulled her up. “If you tell me where you hid the money, I can reduce your prison years easily” he whispered.

“I DON'T KNOW- I didn't take it” Kyungwan replied between sobs causing the guy to push her to the floor again.

Lee sighed and stared at her “You're just a selfish who doesn’t want to corporate”

Kyungwan was speechless, her tears couldn’t stop falling. But then she remembered the girl from last night, “Can you find the girl I was with last night?”

Lee made a face of disgust “Oh- so you're a lesbian too? another reason to dislike you.”

Kyungwan glared at him, she hated it when someone disrespected her because of her uality but she knows she is powerless in this situation.

Lee cupped her cheeks harshly as she kept glaring at her “You're gonna rot in jail, better prepare for it”

He left her alone while she sobbed alone as she looked at her cuffed hands. She doesn't have a family, is poor, and is a victim. She can’t do anything nor defend herself in this unjust world.

Did she really deserve all this?

 

Meanwhile…

Bangchan was in the room next door, he was trying to connect the puzzle pieces but damn Mina was the smart one in this game.

“We found the plans in your house along with pictures of you and Kyungwan”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter