Hidden Dreams

Hidden Dreams

You were packing your bags at 5am in the morning, trying to sneak out of your home. You lived with your 2 brothers and father. Your mum was overseas for work. It was quite a strict household, and your dad would always lecture you and your brothers 

(Your house is quite fancy)

 

‘It’s 5am… Surely no one is awake…’ You thought.

You peaked down the staircase, so see all the lights off, and you snuck out of the front door without making too much sound. 

 

You made it to practice with plenty of time to spare. As you walked in, your teammates greeted you with a smile. After giving them hi fives, you changed into your gear, and put on your skates.

Skating on the ice was the most enjoyable thing. The silent gliding, it was almost peaceful. With the cold air of the arena, it was almost as if you were flying. That is why you loved the ice.

You grabbed your ice hockey stick, and began the morning practice.



 

You got carried away with ice hockey practice, and was running late for school. You had to quickly change out of your ice hockey uniform, and into your school uniform, and sprinted to school whilst trying to organize everything in your bag.

(This was one of the best schools in the area, and it was well known for having the highest grades from students.)

You made it just in time, but at the gates bumped into someone accidentally, causing both of you to fall backwards onto the floor.

“Oh my god, are you okay?! I’m so sorry!” You said.

He quickly got up before you to help you up. “I’m so sorry, are you alright?” He asked.

You took his hand and stood up, and both of you picked up some fallen things that had dropped onto the floor.

You noticed that he wasn’t in school uniform, and he looked kind of lost.

“Actually, I’m new to this school… Could you help me find this classroom?” He asked shyly. 

You smiled. “Of course!”

He showed you the classroom number. “This is my classroom, my name is Y/N. I will take you there.” You said.

“Thank you! My name is Na Jaemin.” He smiled.

We made it to class just on time, and Jaemin began an introduction in front of everyone as you went to your seat. 


 


After school, you had another ice hockey practice to go to, so as soon as the bell rang, you quickly packed everything up and ran to practice.

But once it had finished, you realized you left homework back at the school in your desk drawer. 

‘If dad finds out I forgot my homework… I’m gonna be yelled at…’ You thought in fear. ‘I have to go get it…’ You went back to school to get it.

When you entered the hallways, you heard a beautiful piano melody coming from the music room.

It was soft and soothing, and it drew you closer and closer to the room. When you peaked in, you saw the new boy sitting inside playing the piano. 

You couldn’t help but open the door to hear the sounds more clearly, but when the door opened, the boy stopped immediately and turned around.

“Sorry! Did I scare you?” You asked.

“No! It’s okay!” He said. “What are you doing back in the school anyway?”

“I forgot my homework.” You said. “I was in a rush to leave so I forgot to bring it with me.”

“Oh yeah I saw you sprint out of the classroom after the bell rang.” He responded. “You had ice hockey practice?” He pointed at the ice hockey stick.

“Yeah…” You responded.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“My dad doesn’t approve of me playing, that’s all. So I have to play in secret.” You sighed.

“Me too! It’s the same with my music! My mum won’t let me play the piano, so I also have to play in secret!” He said with a little bit of excitement. “They want me to focus on my studies, that’s why I was transferred here.”

“SAME!!!” You were so happy you had found someone that had a similar situation.


 


Over the next few weeks, you and Jaemin became very close and hung out often.

It had come to the day that you had a big hockey match coming up. Luckily it matched with the lunch time, because if you skipped any school to play this match, your dad would have roasted the hell out of you.

As soon as the lunch bell rang, Jaemin leaned in and whispered “Good luck.” 

You smiled at him and ran to the hockey match.


You ended up winning, but it went a lot longer than planned, so you didn’t make it back to your afternoon class.

But you still came back to attend your last class. However, in the end, the teacher had already contacted your dad about your absence from class, and that sent you into a panic mode.

Dad was waiting, tapping his foot outside my classroom. “And why did you miss the afternoon class?” He was lowkey, very furious, and his eyes were piercing through my soul.

You froze in your spot, unsure of what to do.

But then suddenly, Jaemin came in and interrupted. “Sorry, but it was my fault she missed her class.”

My dad glared at him. “What?” He asked sternly.

You were in shock, but unfroze when you finally processed what had happened. “No, this has nothing to do with Jaemin!” You walked in front of him.

But then he grabbed your arm and switched places, so he was standing in front of you.

“I was really unwell during the end of lunch, and needed specific medications. So she went to get it for me. However due to the distance, she took longer than expected to come back. But if it wasn't for her, I would have been sent to emergency.” He explained calmly.

Your dad looked at him with his eyebrow raised.

You grabbed Jaemin’s arm.

“Make sure this doesn’t happen again.” Your dad said after a moment of silence. “Let’s go home.”

You nodded, still holding Jaemin’s arm. You turned your head to look at him. He smiled at you and said “See you tomorrow.”

You let go of his arm and gave him a hug before leaving. ‘Thank you.’ You mouthed as you followed your dad out.


 

When you arrived home, you had to prepare dinner with your brothers.

But your head was in the clouds, thinking about how Jaemin stood up for you.

Your dad walked into the kitchen and asked “Who was that boy?”

“Jaemin?” You shook your head, and went back to cooking. “Why do you ask?”

“Nothing. Just this is the first time I have seen you be really close to someone. Ever since you were born you were always very independent and did everything yourself.” He said. “Good to see you have someone who will have your back.”

You were shocked at what he just said.

Then someone rang the doorbell. You went to see who it was. When you went outside, you saw a small box on the floor.



 

When you picked it up and opened it, you found some ointment and cream, with a small note inside.

‘Congratulations on your match today, your feet and hands must be sore. Use this to make them feel better.’ - Jaemin.

The note tugged your heartstrings. You clutched it and smiled.


After dinner, you had the sudden urge to see Jaemin, and wanted to see if he was playing piano again in the music room.

You told your dad you wanted to go to the library to study for a bit, and he responded with “fine.” Not looking up from the paper he was reading.



You arrived at the music room, and you heard the beautiful piano melody again.

When you walked in, of course Jaemin was playing.

He stopped and looked at me.

“Thank you for the creams and ointments!” You bowed. “And of course for standing up for me!” 

He gave you the warmest, softest smile. And responded with “no worries.”

 



 

He invited you to sit next to him, to which you accepted and sat down on the piano stool with him.

“Let me teach you a song.” He smiled. “You play the right, and I will play the left, and we can play together.”

“No, I can’t play!” You panicked.

But he grabbed your hand and placed it softly on the keys. “It’s very simple. Don’t worry.”

From that moment on, this was your favourite song ever.

When you guys finished, “Thank you!” You said. “You should come learn some ice hockey with me some time!”

“I actually played when I was younger.” He responded.

That made you shocked and you looked at him with wide eyes.

“Let’s go.” He said. “Show me your ice hockey skills.”
 



Both of you strapped on skates, and headed onto the rink, and you guys played some 1v1 ice hockey.
 

After a while, both of you collapsed on the benches outside the rink.

“Thanks for the great games!” He smiled.

You laughed, this was the most fun you had in such a long time.

Before you responded, he leaned in and gave you a small peck on the cheek, causing you to blush, but also made your heart flutter.

He took you back home, and you linked arms with him the entire way. And when you guys arrived at your front door, he gave you a warm hug. “See you tomorrow.” He said.

“See you tomorrow.” You responded softly.

He watched you go inside, and waved bye before you closed the door.

Your brothers were in the lounge room when you got home, and they saw you grinning like an idiot.

“You okay?” One of them asked. “You look creepy. Did something happen?”

“Yeah, something.” You smiled and went straight to your room.

Your dad noticed you smiling at your brothers. ‘I haven’t seen her this happy in a very long time.’ He thought to himself.


 

Jaemin’s POV:

Jaemin arrived home as well, and his mother asked him where he had been.

“I was at the library studying.” Jaemin responded.

“Oh?” Jaemin’s mum raised an eyebrow. “I see… I hope you aren’t still playing the piano, remember you need to focus on your studies.


“Yeah yeah.” Jaemin sighed.

“Oh by the way.” Jaemin’s mum called out to Jaemin. “I found a girl for you, I want you to meet her.”

Jaemin looked at his mum in shock.

 

 

And then I woke up from my dream, so I don't know what happened next T^T 

-THE END-