Chapter 20

Maybe We Are Meant To Be

 

Hanbyul fidgeted infront of the juries which consisted of Startory’s vocal instructors and the company’s staffs. He was a bit nervous during the audition since it was his first time participating in an audition to become a singer. He nervously waited for the juries to conclude his result.

 

“Okay,” One of the vocal instructors with a fierce appearance started to talk. “So, Jason Jang Hanbyul, yes?”

 

Hanbyul nodded. Although he put on a smile on his face, he swore if the room was silent they could have hear the sound of his heart beating violently. Lindsay was hesitant to let him go to the audition, but because of the endless support from his grandparents and his cousins, his mother had to give in.

 

“You wrote in your resume that you’re Korean-Australian. It's amazing that you speak Korean fluently despite you’re living in Australia,” One of the staff member said.

 

“Oh, my father encouraged us to speak in Korean when we were kids. We moved to Korea when I was 19 and being surrounded by my father’s family there really helped me a lot. We just came back here last month. I guess that’s the reason why I’m fluent,” Hanbyul politely explained.

 

The vocal instructor took a deep breath through his gritted teeth, “You have to work extra hard after this,” he paused, “because we’re going to fit you into the possible candidates list to be our trainee.”

 

Hanbyul could not believe it. His mouth formed a big O shape with his hands clamped over it in shocked. “Really? Oh my God, thank you, sir.” Hanbyul was stunned for a while before walking over to the juries to take the approval card from them.

 

“You have to come again later if we decided to take you in. Be prepared. We need to hear another song from you and some dance moves if you really want to be a part of us,” The female vocal instructor handed out the card to Hanbyul with a warm smile, “Wait for our call, alright.”

 

Hanbyul bowed again before heading out of the audition room. When he reached outside, he was surprised to see the numbers of participants largely increased from the time he came there. His shoulders deflated, ‘There’s no way they will take me in if they find another talented person in this crowd.’

 

He took out his handphone and dialed Kyumin’s number. He dialed it for several times but Kyumin didn’t seem to respond. He glanced at his watch and thought, ‘Maybe he’s busy or he could be sleeping right now. I should call him after I got my results later.’

 

Hanbyul smiled as he passed the long line-up of participants who was going to audition. He even mouthed a good luck to the nervous participants who looked up at him.

 

-------

So there it goes.. I updated two chapters for today.. More to come! =)