Senseless

Senseless

Nayeon is having a night stroll with Kookeu when she saw someone familiar walking alone several meters away from her.

"Run, Kookeu. Run." The fluffy puppy runs in Nayeon's command. As they get closer to the person, she's now sure that it's...

"Mina!" Nayeon calls out from behind, loud enough for her friend to hear but not loud enough to get other people's attention.

Mina stops and turns around. "Oh. Hi, Nayeonnie."

"Walking alone?"

"Yup."

"Where to?"

"Just anywhere." Honestly, she's just wandering without any thoughts about where to go. She's just following her feet's instincts, if that's even a thing. "Hi, Kookeu!" Mina goes down on one knee to greet the puppy with fondles and the puppy greets her back with kisses. "Aww. I missed you, too." She said in a cute, high-pitched voice.

Nayeon chuckles. "So cute."

"Can I carry him?"

"Sure." Nayeon chuckles again as the puppy wags its tail.

Mina stands up and carries Kookeu in her arms as the pup her face. "Aigoo. Thank you, for your kisses."

"She loves you, Mina-yah."

"I love you, too." Mina brings the pup closer to her in an embrace. "Where were you going, unnie?"

"We were just going to the park and let Kookeu play with other dogs."

"Can I come along?"

"Of course."

 

At the park...

 

"He's gotten a little heavier."

"Not really. He's just full right now." Nayeon chuckles.

As they watch the puppy play with other dogs, Mina glances at Nayeon who's face is glowing with pride as she watches her fur baby. Then, she glances back at the dogs. Several seconds later, Nayeon glances at her. Mina notices it. "Hmm?" Mina turns to face her.

"You okay?" Nayeon asks with a hint of concern in her tone and facial expression.

"I'm in the most 'okay' state I can get right now, unnie." Mina smiles.

"Mina, I know you're not good at expressing yourself and you really don't want to, but I can sense it whenever you're down."

Mina lightly nods with her lips pierced.

Nayeon continues. "If you didn't know already—but I'm sure you already do—you can tell us anything, okay? You can call me or tell me to come over when you need company. I'm worried about you, so don't bottle things up to yourself, please?"

"Thank you, unnie." Mina responds. Nayeon waits for her to talk more, to open up.

"You're still not gonna talk to me about what's going on, right?"

Mina looks at her and smiles with closed lips.

"Bottling things up isn't good for your mental health." The older girl adds.

"Right. And I do wanna talk about things but, I just don't know how to even start. And it's only gonna make others feel down so I'd rather just keep them to myself."

"I don't wanna be force-y but I can't just let you be when I know there's something wrong."

"I'm hungry." Mina changes the subject.

"You're avoiding it again, Mina."

"I'm not. I'm just kinda postponing it a little bit so that I can prepare myself for the 'talk'."

Finally. "Good. You know what, I was thinking about having chicken and beer. I have them at my dorm. Wanna come?"

"Sure." Mina smiles.

"Alright." Nayeon calls for Kookeu. "Come here." She carries him in her arms. "Let's go home, Kookeu."

 

At the dorm...

 

Nayeon heats the chicken from the fridge that was bought by Sana and wasn't touched yet. She also boils water to cook ramyeon. Once the foods are ready, she places them on a tray and goes to her room where Mina's waiting. The latter is brushing Kookeu's fluffy fur with her hands as she watches him fall asleep.

Nayeon places the tray on the small table in her room then, she goes to the fridge and takes out three cans of beer. Mina helps her move the table beside her bed. They sit on the corner of the bed and starts opening a can for themselves. They eat and drink quietly but not awkwardly. Nayeon plays her current favorite album on her phone.

After finishing a few pieces of chicken, Mina wipes her hands with a tissue and starts opening up.

"I just feel lonely, that's all." Mina starts, trying to make it sound like it's not that of a big deal.

"Why do you feel lonely?" Nayeon asks as she wipes with a tissue.

"Because I'm always alone. I try to avoid people because I hate how bad I am at socializing and interacting with people, and just talking in general." Mina shrugs.

"Even to us?" Nayeon refers to herself and their seven best friends.

Mina nods. "Yeah. Even to my own family. I don't know how that's possible. I just at it. I as a person, overall." She feels a sharp pang of pain inside as she opens herself up more to her unnie.

"Don't say that." Nayeon feels very sorry for her friend. "I don't know how it's like to be in your situation but I can assure you that no matter how 'bad', you say you are at interactions, me and the girls and your family accept and love you for who you are. We will always will."

"Thanks, unnie." Mina feels reassured. She needs to hear reassurances like this every now and then to remind her that what her mind tells her is wrong, because she always thinks that nobody really accepts her and likes her for who she is because of how difficult of a person she is. She gets needy sometimes in terms of attention. She needs special attention especially when she's with other people that she isn't very socially comfortable with.

Once Mina finished her can of beer and Nayeon her two, they start to clean up. After that, they lay on Nayeon's bed and listen to the music that's coming out from her phone.

"Oh no, it's not good to lie down after meals." The older girl remarks.

"It won't be too bad to do it once in a while." Mina chuckles. 

They close their eyes. And after a moment...

"Unnie?"

"Hmm?" "How does it feel to be everyone's favorite?" Mina's eyelids tremble as she fights back her tears. Thankfully, Nayeon doesn't notice this.

"Hmm. Am I? I don't feel like I'm even someone's favorite."

"But do you have favorites?" Mina asks like a little child.

"Not really. Why are you asking these?"

Mina shrugs. "Just wanted to know."

They stay silent for again for a moment.

"Unnie?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I be your favorite only for tonight?"

Nayeon opens her eyes and faces the younger girl. With only a few inches of space from each other, Mina feels her unnie's warm breath and opens her eyes and faces her, too.

"When I said I don't have favorites, I meant I 'favorite' all of you equally. And just like everyone else that I love, you are special to me, Minari. But okay, I'll make you feel more special tonight. Like you're my only favorite." Nayeon smiles.

Mina smiles at this remark. The tears of sorrow that she's been holding back becomes tears of joy and she lets them flow as she cups Nayeon's face with her palms and her fingers are behind the older girl's ears. She closes the remaining small space between them. She kisses Nayeon with nothing rational on her mind and Nayeon kisses her back with also nothing sensical in her mind. Their lips get to know each other first, then their tongue. Nayeon slips her tongue to Mina's mouth, brushing against the latter's tongue and lips. Without allowing their lips to separate, the older girl moves her body so that her body is resting on Mina's body. The latter begins to move her hands to wrap her arms around Nayeon's neck. Nayeon cups Mina's cheeks, pulling her in to make the kisses deeper. Their lips move gracefully but passionately. They start to moan to the sensational effect of their kisses. The serotonin in Mina's system are beginning rise and oxytocin are bursting inside of her. It feels so good and she hopes this won't be just a fleeting feeling.

 

They allow the alcohol to drive them as they makeout. Well, it's just Mina because Nayeon is very much sober. She has a high tolerance for alcohol. And she doesn't mind this way of coping from sadness even if it means that Mina only used her to feel go​​​​od. She thanks the alcohol for  making this happen because maybe she's been catching feelings for Mina in a while now.

After about thirty minutes, Mina pulls away. They both catch their breathes as the feeling of high die down. Nayeon hears Mina's breath slow down and she turns her head to see that the latter has already fallen asleep.

 

THE END

 

...

 

or is it?

 


 

Two months later...

 

"We should stop agreeing to Momo's request to babysit Boo and Dobby when we do movie date nights like this." Mina chuckles.

They were watching a movie at Nayeon's room and as the couple in the movie kisses, Mina leans in to kiss her girlfriend, too, but a couple of puppies jumped on the bed and started barking at each other.

"Hey! Don't play here. Go down." Nayeon shoos them. "Sorry, babe. I swear, next time, there won't be two fur babies interrupting our kisses anymore." Nayeon leans in to carry on what was interrupted.

 


A/N:

another sudden fic. i call this quench's sister

im happy with how this turned out because it's supposed to be just a plot-less kissing one-shot lol. but anyways, i think there'll be a continuation?? if i have time and if i dont feel lazy and if i have better ideas. i know my ideas are so cliché but im trying to be better at this fic-writing thing hehe.

anywayyss, as always, thanks for reading. you can expect more minayeon fics in the future because im so in love with them lately