five

Experience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In what was becoming a routine, Dara, Chaerin and Daesung made their way into the common room on Top's floor. He was their host as usual, or one of them, though Daesung's offhand comment earlier was the only indication that Top's roommate was supposedly his co-host.

"Welcome, welcome!" Top said, beaming at them. "Please get a drink, then go to the bathroom if you have to because the main event starts in a couple minutes!"

Dara, who'd been scanning the room for Jiyong, turned back to look at Top suspiciously. "Dae wouldn't say what we were doing tonight. Aren't there a lot fewer people here than usual?"

"There's a reason for that," Top whispered dramatically. "Go! Drinks!"

Shrugging, Chaerin led Dara away to comply with their host.

Then there were fingers around Dara's wrist.

"Dara."

She was still a moment, feeling Chaerin move away tactfully. She was almost afraid to look at him now that she knew he'd liked her so much. Jiyong's fingers were just dropping away when Dara turned to see him and felt her worries dissolve.

"Jiyong," she said warmly, and slid her hand down to take his. "Do you know what's going on? Top's being mysterious."

Jiyong rolled his eyes, though he looked flushed and happy. She wondered if he was happy because she was holding his hand. "He wouldn't tell me, just Daesung. He said I was a spoilsport."

Dara nodded solemnly. "You do have far too much dignity for someone our age... hey!" She cut off, laughing, as he tickled her, then counterattacked with all her might. It ended with him on the floor, winded, and her victorious above him.

"You forget," she said smugly. "I know your weak point."

"Dara..." he said slowly, standing up to lean closer to her. She remembered back when they'd been on the same eye-level, but now she had to look up. "There's another one you should know about, or maybe you already do."

"Places, everyone!" Top yelled. He was practically skipping around the room and waving everyone to a spot on the floor.

Belatedly, Dara noticed that all the tables and chairs had been pushed to the sides of the common room. She took her place when Top shooed her into it, pleased when she ended up sitting beside Chaerin. Somehow, Top maneuvered Jiyong into a spot across the circle, but Dara was willing to wait for him. She had a growing feeling that he'd been waiting for her for much longer.

"All right," Top said and clapped his hands twice. He jogged over and locked the door before coming to sit down on Dara's other side. "Last week I had the honor of spending time with an American girl who told me about a very special American tradition."

He held up an empty wine bottle just as someone said, "But Top, you don't understand English."

"Oh Seungri," Top said, acting very pitying suddenly. "We didn't have to use words."

Seungri, who was really quite handsome (maybe Top was a magnet for people as pretty as he was?), turned scarlet. Beside Dara, Chaerin snickered softly.

"So we all sit in a circle," Top said excitedly. "Done! Then the bottle goes in the middle, and someone spins it. And the person it lands on gets a kiss!"

Dara stilled, surprised, then felt Chaerin's hand on her arm. "Do you want to leave?" Chaerin asked, and Dara shook her head.

"A little kissing won't hurt me," she said. "In fact, I think I have an idea."

Top was still chattering on about hugs and French kisses and something about closet and heaven, but Dara interrupted him with her hand raised.

"I'll go first, Top," she said bravely, smiling when everyone oohed. She met Jiyong's eyes across the circle. He wasn't smiling. He looked utterly intent on her, and underneath he looked flustered.

Maybe it was the three vodka shots she'd done with Daesung and Chaerin, or maybe it was the lingering memory of Jiyong on his knees holding handmade chocolate up to her, but Dara was completely sure the bottle was going to land on Jiyong. Tonight was the night, after all.

Top handed her the bottle, bouncing a bit with excitement, and Dara carried it to the middle of the circle. She crouched down and took a deep breath, pointed the bottle at her empty spot so as not to jinx herself, and spun it.

The green gleam of the bottle whirled around on the carpet, then slowed, slowed... and pointed directly to Top's handsome friend, Seungri.

Distantly, Dara heard Daesung laugh, but she was too busy staring at the treacherous bottle.

"Dara, if you don't do it fast, you have to use tongue," Chaerin hissed, and Dara snapped back to herself.

She went the direction the bottle was pointing and quickly, with no fuss, dropped a kiss on Seungri's full lips. He sat frozen, though his mouth was pliant under hers.

When she was back in her spot, Chaerin leaned in to whisper in her ear, "How was he?"

Still reeling, but pleased with herself despite the unexpected outcome, Dara gave a thumbs-up, grinning at her friend. "Recommended!"

Chaerin settled back with a smile that promised a very interesting ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter