Two Different Places

Buried by Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Let me time travel to the day when it happened with the time machine, hyung."​​​​​​

 

"Are you crazy? We haven't tested the machine yet!" 

"But this is the only way I can search for him, Donghee hyung..." 

Kyuhyun sighs as he hangs his head down. Donghee, who was taken back by how desperate the younger man sounds, then gives him a book that he look at everyday. A blue covered guide book that contains the rules of time traveling and the dos and donts that they worked on together for the past decade. He pats the younger's shoulder. Squeezes it as a sign of support. The man with Shin as his surname really treasures Kyuhyun as time goes by. He know that time travelling is a dangerous thing to do and the idea of Kyuhyun travelling through time is an idea that haven't crossed Donghee's mind even for once.

"Kyu," Donghee glances at the machine before continuing, "Travelling through time is such a dangerous thing to do." 

"I will be okay, hyung. Let's do a test run tomorrow?"

"If you say so, Dr. Cho."

The younger man smiles, finally moving a step further to find the love of his life. The day that he's waiting for finally came to him. The day when he finally finds any sort of clue that can leads him to where his Ryeowook is now. Kyuhyun leave the technical things to the professionals, meanwhile he sit on a corner, silently searching for any theory that possibly can help him with the travel. This is the only hope Cho Kyuhyun have, and he believe that this will work. This will bring him to his love that was gone from his life 15 years ago. 

 

━ ⚜ ━

 

On the other side of the globe, with moon shining up in the sky instead of the sun, a petite man rolls in his mattress. It's been a few days since he cannot sleep peacefully caused by the heavy headache and a burning fever that makes him uncomfortable to do everything, but didn't have any courage to ask for medications to reduce it down. He looks across the room, lays his eyes on the oldest one in the quite cramped room. "Heechul hyung," the man whose name got called by the younger got up and swiftly approaches him. "Is he home?"

"No, he's still outside, Nathan. Are you okay?" Nathan shakes his head, leaning on Heechul's shoulder. The older one accidentally places his hand on the latter's forehead, flinches immediately at the burning hot temperature of the younger's skin. Heechul frantically grabs a towel and wets it with a warm water before putting the wet towel on Nathan's forehead. Nathan gets so scared when Heechul turns angry since he looks so scary and intimidating when he is fuming up. He's afraid that the oldest one in the house will get mad for the fact that he hides his unwell conditions to him. "You're sick and you are not telling me anything?"

"I don't want to be a burden, hyung.." 

"Silly, you are not a burden."

Nathan shrugs, getting comfortable with the wet towel on his forehead. Heechul sits beside him, leaning his back to the wall, carefuly brushing through the young one's hair with his hands. It's been 7 years since he met Kim Heechul, he was brought home with bruises around his eyes and dry blood around the corner of his mouth late at night. He easily became attached to the Kim guy that took care of him and later the two kids that were brought home as well. Nathan was told by him that he was 'abandoned by his family and got kicked out from his house' before the one that took care of them took him here. Even though he can be quite harsh sometimes, Nathan is glad that he is now sleeping under a solid roof and not ended up living on the road.

"Go to sleep, Nat. You'll feel better tomorrow."

"Thanks, Heechul hyung."

 

The 34 year old man opens his eyes, finding himself in a park with lots of people around him. He sits alone on a picnic mat with a picnic basket under a big tree that guards him from the sunshine that can stings his white skin. He was zoning out, looking straight at the outside world view that he rarely see nowadays due to him who never let Nathan go outside unless it's with him.

His concentration came back as a cold can suddenly touches his skin. Nathan turns his head to the other man's direction, eliminating the space between both of their faces. The 34 old man pushes himself backwards, awkward with his position several seconds ago.

"You said you want this, Wook. Go drink it!"

Wook? 

"Yah, Ryeonggu, stop staring at me. I know I am handsome."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter