15 Years

Buried by Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Monday, August 14 2006.

"Honey, will you be okay?"

"It's not a big deal. It's only 2 days, right?"

Kyuhyun nods and plants a lovely forehead kiss on the smaller man, Ryeowook, his lover. As Kyuhyun pulls himself back, Ryeowook held the taller's hand, pulls him closer to his body and gave a kiss on Kyuhyun's lips. A fiery yet sad one. The younger one smiles as his limbs approaches the door, walks out of the apartment and leaves the older man alone inside the apartment. 

 

━ ⚜ ━

 

Tuesday, August 15 2006.

Ryeowook decided to leave home early to his workplace. After a plate of freshly cooked fried rice and a cup of warm coffee that he made for himself (knowing that Kyuhyun is out of town until the next day), the 19 year old man walks to his workplace under the blue sky and soft sunshine showering him. He places a pair of earphones on his ears, blessing them with soft instrumental melodies that accompanied his way to work. The street of Seoul is always crowded especially in the morning, but Ryeowook loves the crowd and the noise around him. He enjoys the walk, without knowing that someone is watching him the whole time. The mysterious man with shades and a mask walks silently behind the lonely man.

The young man finally arrives at the cafe that he works for after a solid 20 minutes walk. He was greeted by the fresh scent of coffee lingering in the air and the presence of Hyukjae behind the counter. The older one shoots his gummy smile to the younger as he waves his hand.

"Ryeonggu! You're early."

"Hi, hyung! I don't want to be alone at the apartment, it's scary.." Hyukjae lets out a soft laugh before letting Ryeowook prepares himself.

The day goes by as usual. The cafe's crowd peaked at lunch time, around 12 PM until 2 PM. Ryeowook and Hyukjae thought that everything will be okay, looking at the never ending wave of customer. Everything went good until they hear screaming and loud gunshot noise outside of the small cafe. Both of the guys ducks at the same time, hiding from the chaos outside incase the shooter decided to go inside. Another staff helps the costumers to escape from the cafe while Hyukjae and Ryeowook are trapped with the one who causes the chaos inside the cafe.

"..."

"I know you are here, my Ryeowook."

Hyukjae instantly looks at his best friend, and the other man shakes his head. He know nothing. He doesn't have any problems with someone before. He is a loner before he meet Kyuhyun, and that was 6 years ago in Seoul. His mind brings him back to his childhood, Incheon, and his childhood friends. Nothing seems particular and peculiar from his memories of the past. The sound of the mysterious man's steps lingers hauntingly. Making both Hyukjae and Ryeowook hold their breath. The younger's hand shakes until the sound of the steps stop. Ryeowook didn't dare to open his eyes as he senses another life near him and Hyukjae.

Both of the helpless men were dragged out from their hiding spot and were forced to kneel in front of the perpetrator with mask and shades to hide his identity from the public. Hyukjae keeps moving with the hope he'll be free from being restraint. Ryeowook's head hangs low. Avoiding eye contact with the shooter that clearly wants him. One filthy hand tilts the petite man's chin, making their pair of eyes met with each other. Ryeowook feels sick. He avoids that eyecontact once more, imagining Kyuhyun is there instead to soothe him. The perpetrator smiles, a sickening smile to everybody who see it.

"Let him go, you bastard!"

He laughs before landing a fist on Hyukjae's cheek. A merciless punch. Hyukjae fell as a result from the hard punch.

"At last, we meet again, Ryeowook. Let's go, boys."

 

"Ryeonggu! Ryeowook! NO!"

Hyukjae watches the world collapses in front of his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter