3. Apex Predator (Woohyun/Sunggyu)

The Anthology of Sunggyu's Many Lives Across Multiple Universes

 

"Tell me you love me."

 

Nam Woohyun could get whatever he wanted. It was one of the perks of being a vampire - he radiated a certain glamour that hypnotized anyone he came in contact with. "Don't get so full of yourself," his sire, Hoya, had warned him, but he was only jealous. Hoya had never been able to get the hang of hypnotism as well as he had, even with the extra half a century of experience. Woohyun knew he was superior. Although he never said so, he knew it. A predator of predators. He bewitched, enthralled, manipulated his way to the top and left only dead bodies in his wake.

 

Sunggyu looked curiously sleepy, his eyes dark slits in his face. "I love you," he said. "I love you I love you I love you." He reached out his arms and placed them on Woohyun's shoulders, and suddenly, Woohyun felt guilty. 

 

"Say it again," he said.

 

"I love you," Sunggyu repeated, sounding almost sad that he wasn't eliciting a reaction. "I love you?" He wrapped his arms around Woohyun in a wooden hug. 

 

Woohyun leaned his head in the crook of Sunggyu's neck and inhaled the smell of laundry detergent and sweat and something that was very distinctly human. Woohyun still remembered first picking him up at a club because he liked Sunggyu's neck. Sunggyu had been trying too hard, what with his anxious high-pitched laughter that jingled like Woohyun's car keys and a habit of throwing his head back every few minutes, showing off the way his Adam's apple bobbed up and down nervously. His eyeliner was painted on, with thick black wingtips slanting away from his lids. Overkill, Woohyun had thought, but he had somehow found Sunggyu strangely cute anyway. He would have at least made a nice midnight snack. 

 

But as soon as Woohyun had just touched his fangs to that skin, some annoying friend of Sunggyu's came barging in. His name was Dongwoo, Woohyun learned, and he had come to take his snack back home. 

 

Woohyun should've just bashed Dongwoo's head into a wall that day. Crushed his skull and let everything ooze out, blood and guts and all, punched out every single tooth in that nasty mouth of his. And then he should've drained Sunggyu until Sunggyu's eyes rolled up in his head and his heart stopped. Woohyun sometimes wished it were all over, that he was dead and Sunggyu was dead and Dongwoo was flat-out-ing dead.

 

The one thing Nam Woohyun had always wanted, Woohyun had never been able to get. No matter how many layers of hypnotism he wove into his voice, no matter how much force he focused into his gaze, there was one thing he could never seem to reach. 

 

Woohyun had fallen so low as to even long for a stupid human's heart. 

 

"I love you too," he said. His eyes roamed Sunggyu's for any sign of a reaction, any sign of a response in that listless face. "I love you, Sunggyu."

 

But Woohyun couldn't pretend. So he opened his mouth and sank his teeth into that neck, and it was almost unbelievable how easily that smooth skin caved in under his fangs and how the metallic warmth came flooding into his mouth. And he drank and drank and drank until he was reduced to holding Sunggyu's limp body up, sloppily at his neck. 

 

He dropped Sunggyu on the ground, wiped his mouth, and walked away. 

 

He shouldn't have felt bad. He was an apex predator. It wasn't like some awful crime had been done anyway. 

 



 

third story up! :) it was kind of inspired by the movie "Chronicle", which by the way, is fantastic. if you have watched the movie, you'll probably understand the "apex predator" bits. I also drew a little bit of influence from Joyce Carol Oates's short story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"! but probably not enough so that someone would notice. haha. 

I really wanted to write a dark story...so I started with a city!au Donggyu, but after realizing it didn't make any sense, I scrapped it in favour for this. but then I wasn't happy with this one either and let it sit around for a while before finally deciding to put it up. ick. I hope you've enjoyed it anyways. :) thank you for reading and/or subscribing and/or commenting! I really appreciate it! <3

(really, reading everyone's comments makes me really happy!! I try to reply to each one individually, so feel free to ask any questions!)

does anyone have any plot ideas/pairings they'd like to suggest?