Chapter 18

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was in a rush again. He has a 10:00 am meeting and it's already 9:30 am.

 

 

"Damn that alarm clock, of all days it decided not to ring, it's today." On top of that his car's tire suddenly became flat. Fortunately, it's his cousin's day off so instead of changing tires he borrowed his motorbike.

 

When the stoplight turned red, he quickly sped off. To his surprise, a re light beater silver BMW suddenly came to his left causing him to be off balanced and slide on the ground. His right leg was under the motorbike, his right elbow aching while his arm have minor scratches. He was shocked for a while and his vision started to spin. He also felt the stinging pain on his right leg. He might have sprained his ankle or broke his knee.

 

The driver of the BMW rushed towards him. His vision maybe blurry but he was quite sure that he saw the driver before. Police and paramedics also came into the scene, giving him first aid.

 

"Is he okay?" he heard the lady driver asked. 

 

"Do I look okay?" he thought to himself. He needs to call his boss to say that he was involved in an accident and would need to take a 2 weeks sick leave." This day was just pure mess he thought. 

 

Then it all went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After two hours, he woke up at the hospital's ER. He heard his cousin talking to the doctor and probably the lady driver. He tried to popped himself up but his right elbow was in a cast, same with his right ankle. "Oh, crap. Argghh! I'm such a loser." He closed his eyes once again and think of what could he have done wrong in his past life to be this miserable. 

 

"Oh, glad you're awake now." He heard his cousin speak." Someone wants to apologize to you Henry." He slowly opened his eyes and there she is. The coffee lady.

 

"Oh good grief. It's you again, coffee lady. Beating the red light? Really? You could have killed me, you know?" He was in total disbelief. Is this a joke he told himself. It's always her.

 

"Ah...Henry, she's not a barista. Anyway, she's Krystal Jung." His cousin was about to say more when the nurse called him to check his admission papers at the nurse's station.

 

Krystal slowly walk towards Henry, her head still laying low. "I'm really sorry, Henry? That's your name right? I was just...my mind was really all over the place this morning...I spaced out and---" 

 

"You spaced out!? How irresponsible are you, huh!?" she was immediately cut off by the writer.

 

"I'm really sorry. It was just..." Krystal started to sniff causing Henry to panic.

 

"Hey...don't cry. Sorry too. Well, did someone died? Or something? It must be really horrible for you to spaced out." He asked.

 

"Not exactly. This might sound really petty and crazy but I saw your ID. You're working at DBC right? You might know Yong Sun? Kim Yong Sun." 

 

Krsytal was having second thoughts on telling practically a stranger about her problem but he's a stranger anyway. You know what they say about it's easier to talk to a stranger, no prejudice and all. 

 

"Hmm...well. Y-yeah. What about her?" Then it hit him. "So she is that Miss Jung that they were talking about yesterday. Coffee and pull out lady huh.." he thought.

 

"Well, I'm in love with her girlfriend and just this morning we talked and s-she...s-he once and for all clarified that she loves Miss Kim and that I'm just a business client and friend. And I-i.."

 

"Oh...so you're into girls...anyway, you can't take it? Why? Did she lead you on?" The thought of Byul cheating on Yong Sun immediately crossed his mind.

 

"Well..actually...she d-didn't. She was very clear about it from the very start. But I'm stubborn. I just...I really like her." She cries once again.

 

"Shh...hey. Calm yourself. People might think that I'm dead or something. Don't cry." 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm heartbroken. Just let me, okay?" she sobs again.

 

"You're really stubborn. Anyway, you want some advice?" He offered.

 

"Huh...s-sure."

 

"Do you really love her?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter