I Quit Drinking

I Quit Drinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MYOUI MINA'S POINT OF VIEW



 

Three years had passed since our breakup. The last news I heard from her is when she's moving to New York. I always asked our friends about her, but they are only answering me with a short 'she's fine', I know all of them are mad at me, but I can't blame them, I'm the villain here. But I still love her; I still want to wake up seeing her drooling mouth, I still want to receive shoulder kisses from her, I still want to close my eyes next to her. I'm hoping it's not already late for both of us.

 

After the incident, Ryujin asked for my forgiveness; what can I do? It's both our mistake, but I'm the one who created the most damage. We cut our connections for good because she'll remind me of how trash of a person I am.

 

I'm still living in our shared apartment; I refused to sell it because it's the place that will most remind me of Chaeyoung, and I don't want to lose it. From her paintings of me, her collection of teacups, some of her hoodies, and everything — everything inside this reminds me of her. I missed you so much, Love.

 

________________________________________________


 

Momo, Sana, Jihyo, and I are now strolling in the mall to look for a gift for Dahyun. It will be her 29th birthday this coming Sunday since it became our habit to celebrate together in anyone's birthday. I also heard that Chaeyoung would be attending, so I see this as a chance for our reconciliation.

 

"Mitang let's go; this is the way for their chocolate section." Of course, Momo will give chocolates to her girlfriend's birthday. I nod and follow them.

 

"Momo, don't run; the chocolates will not disappear from the shelf!" It's Jihyo who shouts that caught the attention of the crowd.

 

________________________________________________

 

"Are you okay, Minari?" Sana asks while patting my shoulder.

 

Today is Dahyun's 29th birthday, and we are all present at the venue except Chaeyoung. I'm afraid she'll not attend again just like what she did last year. This day is special for both of us; it's the 10th anniversary of our first meeting. I can no longer hide my anxiety; it's now showing in my face not until I heard someone speak near our table.

 

"Nayeon, she's already outside." Words came from Jeongyeon unnie; I avert my gaze to Nayeon unnie while she's whispering something to Jinsoul.

 

But before Nayeon unnie finish what she's saying. Jisoul jumps out of her arms.

 

"Auntie Chae-Chae!"

 

I shift my head to see her figure, my heart suddenly clenched. She looks very different; she cuts her hair short, she looks healthier than the last time I saw her, and tattoos are visible on her hands until her arms.

 

"Jinnie, you gained a lot of inches. I'm afraid you'll be taller than me a few years more." Everyone laughs at what she said. She's indeed everyone's happy pill; her presence makes the whole place livelier. And I can't believe I manage to hurt this precious human being.

 

"Minari here." I didn't understand why Sana hands me a hanky, not until she points at my cheek. That's the only time I noticed my tears.

 

Everything is going well at the celebration. Just like the other years, the food is exceptional, the celebrant also requests an intermission number, and the alcohol that was served is the finest, but I refuse to drink, I'll only drink with Chaeyoung.

 

I found it weird because, unlike the other years, it's the first time I noticed some unfamiliar faces. They are at Nayeon unnie's table laughing together with Chaeyoung. I'm jealous

 

Five hours since the party started, it's time for anyone who wants to leave a message to Dahyun.

 

"Dubu, I want to thank you for treating me like a sister when I always treat you like my dog." We heard Sana threatening her girlfriend speaking in front.

 

"Why? I love dogs; it means I love Dahyun." We laugh at what Tzuyu said.

 

"Tofu, thank you for being a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter