I Quit Mixing

I Quit Drinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW



 

It's been one month since everything becomes a mess. I'm neglecting all my responsibilities. I can't function properly; who could? When your girlfriend for six years cheated behind your back. I'm also at fault because I didn't notice that I'm not giving enough attention to her. But I guess it's not a valid reason for her to ask for someone else's attention. I know she's well aware that we always fix our problems before the day ends. But why did she do that?

 

'She's tired of you.'

 

'You're childish.'

 

'She's looking for some excitement.'

 

'She still loves her ex.'

 

'You're not enough, Son Chaeyoung'

 

"Chaeyoung get out of the bed and come downstairs; breakfast is ready!" It's Nayeon unnie who interrupts me from overthinking.

 

I am now living under their roof. I already told her that I could manage to live alone in my old apartment, but she's very adamant and doesn't take No as an answer. So here am I walking to the dining area to be greeted by Jeong and Nayeon unnie together with their one-year-old daughter.

 

"Gshmuning Chae-Chae." I can't understand what she said, but it's Jinsoul who speaks.

 

"It means Good morning Chae-Chae" Jeong says while pinching the chubby cheeks of her daughter.

 

I seated beside Nayeon unnie, and just like the other days, she put pancakes, waffles, bacon, and eggs on my plate. I can't argue with her because it will end up with a 1-hour sermon.

 

"Finish that, or Jinsoul will not play with you. Jinsoul baby, look at your Auntie Chae-Chae; she's not eating her breakfast." Then the next thing I heard is a baby spitting I don't know words from .

 

"Nonono blahltfy jywayb chaebstth." By her eyebrows that are almost meeting at the center and glaring eyes, I can't say that she's threatening me.

 

"Jinnie looks Chae-Chae is eating your favorite." I put a big slice of pancake in my mouth, and I can see the quick change in her mood.

 

"Baby Jinnie will play with Auntie Chae-Chae while eomma's at work." They are teasing me that it's a good thing they will no longer need to hire a babysitter for Jinsoul because I am living with them, but I am aware that they just want me to avert my attention to something for me to clear my mind.

 

________________________________________________

 

I am now lying flat in my bed; I'll overthink until I'm tired, then I will fall asleep without noticing my tears rolling to my ears.

 

'You can't be like this forever.'

 

'You have to do something.'

 

'Think of those people who still care for you.'

 

'Don't throw all the things you work hard for.'

 

'You're better than this Chaeyoung'

 

And the next thing I knew I did was unblocking her number and sending a nine words message.

 

'Let's meet at 9:00 AM Saturday at Feel Special Café.

 

It didn't take long until I heard my phone ring, signaling she replied, but I no longer have the will to respond. I let my exhaustion take my body, and soon I fell asleep.

 

________________________________________________
 

Feel Special Cafe

 

I reserved a VIP place for us in case something unpleasant happens. I don't want to leave a negative impression, I might not acting human for the past few weeks, but I still call myself decent. It's already 8:57 AM; she'll come any minute. And just what I expected, she was escorted by our waiter to lead at our designated table. I don't need to look for her for quite some time to notice changes from her. She's thinner, her c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter