Ephesians 5:25

God Help the Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were in the field for our meditation, we were waiting for our instructor. Jeongyeon told me that the yoga instructor is kind of hot—maybe she’d fit my standards. That night, when Jeongyeon was punished.. she was silent for a while and we gave her time to recover—which happened after an hour or so.

Jeonyeon was laughing again as if she wasn’t punished. She told us that all she needed was a few minutes of silence to regain her composure. It didn’t really affect her that much since she’s used to punishments. She told us that she’s used to her teachers punishing her in any way possible since she used- or still is, a troublemaker. Her parents must’ve thought that church camp is their last resort to straighten Jeongyeon up. When I told her that Jeongyeon laughed—“You can never straighten something that is bent, my dear friend.” I remember her say last night.

But she did start to avoid Nayeon which earned a questioning look from the older woman.

She stared at me while we get into our respective mats. I stared at her back—it was as if she was asking me a question through her round eyes. I shrugged my shoulders at her and she shook her head. I didn’t exactly get what she was trying to imply but I just guess that it’s something about Jeongyeon not bothering her.

Our yoga instructor came and she introduced herself as Kwon Yuri.

She’s pretty, has a nice figure but she’s exactly not my type. Jeongyeon’s eyes were all over her body though, I had to smack her shoulder to stop her from doing that. I know that she doesn’t mind getting punished but I don’t like seeing the Jeongyeon from last night. It was—weird and unsettling.

Yoga was hard.

After that we had our exercise which were led by the church camp facilitators. Jeongyeon and I found it difficult to stop ourselves from laughing when it was Rosé’s turn to lead the exercise.

“Yah, you two!” Rosé pointed at us, “Come in front!” I saw her smirk at us and we were now in front, being the 2nd lead in the exercise. It was embarrasing since I was standing next to Karina who were doing the activities religiously. I silently gaped at her. She’s so pretty—I know that I shouldn’t like her since she’s too uptight but there’s something about her that I’m deeply attracted to. I can’t just point it out but I like being around her. I like the sense of authority that oozes out from her. Why am I like this? this is weird. But I wouldn’t lie though, if I were to be punished I wouldn’t mind it if she were the one who carries it out.

I blinked at the thought. I stopped stretching my limbs like what Rosé is currently telling us to do. Why the hell did I think of that? Am I into ??

“Oy,” Jeongyeon ribbed me. “You okay?” she asked, still stretching. She must’ve noticed that I stopped for a moment.

“Yeah, I just remembered something.” I lied and continued doing the strenous stretching Rosé was making us do.

The exercise ended half an hour earlier since we have to take a bath since we were sweating lots. I called in first in the bathroom. Rosé and Jeongyeon were okay with it and told me that they’d get me breakfast and we’ll just eat in the cabin. Once I was done, I took my share of food and went first to the meeting area, back in the garden where the seats were in circles.

I saw Karina alone, reading the bible. She, too was eating the egg sandwich that were given to us as breakfast.

“Hey,” I called her out, she raised her head at me. “Hello.” She curtly replied. I decided to sit a seat away from her and opened my bible. I laughed slightly at the dust my bible has. I haven’t opened this thing since elementary.

“Um, Minjeong.” She called. I looked at her, raising my eyebrows. “Are you a believer of God?”

I was taken aback at the question. Why would she ask me that? Then I realized that yesterday—she was about to say something when she heard me and Rosé talking.

“Uh, of course.” I smiled, “but not entirely.”

She tilted her head, confused.

I chuckled at how cute she looked. “I believe that there is a God,” I pointed at the sky, “But what I don’t believe is the values that this,” I then pointed at the bible, “teaches us. I mean, yeah, this is made to guide us to become a better person but it’s just—I don’t know, I just don’t understand why they condone a lot of things. If God really loves us then He should just love us for what and for who we are, right? But the people who made the bible doesn’t really support the idea. They were the ones who instilled that this is wrong- you shouldn’t do this—you should do this thing instead since this is acceptable. I mean, who are they to know what’s right and wrong?” I took a deep breath.
Karina was just staring at me. I felt my heart beat faster. Why is she doing that? It’s making me conscious all of the sudden.

“I see.” was all she said but there is something in those lines that tells me that she wanted to say something else. I blinked, shifting uncomfortably.

“Hey, did I say something wrong?” I worriedly asked her.

She turned to look at me again, “Our views and principles just differ but it doesn’t mean that you said something wrong. I respect your opinion and that’s it. No worries.” She smiled at me and oh my god, I felt my insides churn. She’s so nice. It’s so rare for an uptight catholic like her to say something like that to me. Most of the time they’d argue with me until I concede defeat since I’m too lazy to say something anymore.

“Yesterday,” I called her out again, she faced me fully this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter