End of the road

GTOP Break-up One-shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since they've done the interview a few weeks ago, Seunghyun seemed kind of distant towards Jiyong and has been giving him cold shoulders. Jiyong didn't notice at first, thanks to his busy solo activity schedule until one night when he goes to Seunghyun's house to surprise him. He is so excited to finally have some alone time with his boyfriend after weeks of being away from each other. He plans on staying up all night making love to him but what he does not expect is the deadpan expression on Seunghyun's face when he answers the door.

Surprise!

What are you doing here?

I don't have anything on my schedule today, so I'm here to spend the day with you.

Jiyong enters the apartment, removes his shoes, and goes to the living room. He notices the mess, takeout boxes, empty bottles of wines, and blanket on the floor.

Whoa! What happened in here?

When he looks back, Seunghyun just shrugs at him and proceeds to sit on the couch.

I've been gone for 2 weeks and this place is already a mess. What would you do without me?

Jiyong jokingly says as he starts picking up the trash.

Leave it. I'll take care of it later.

We both know that's not gonna happen.

Jiyong chuckles and continues to tidy up the place making Seunghyun a little bit irritated.

I told you to leave it.

Jiyong finally stops to look at Seunghyun.

Why are you being so grumpy?

When Seunghyun doesn't respond, he picks up another trash again.

Stop it!

Jiyong is startled by the tone of his voice. Seunghyun sees the scared expression on Jiyong's face and he immediately regrets what he has done.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you.

What the hell is your problem?

I think we should break up.

Hyung, stop joking around.

It's not a joke.

All the colors on Jiyong's face drain. He stays still in his place like a statue and doesn't know what to do.

Ji...

All the trash Jiyong has been holding falls off from his hands as he breaks down. His face is now wet from the tears that won't stop falling.

Why are you doing this?

Jiyong is now hysterical, crying his heart out. Seunghyun immediately goes by his side and gathers him in his arms. They stay in each other's arms until Jiyong calms down a bit and pulls away from the embrace to look at Seunghyun in the eyes.

Is it because I was away for so long? 

That's not it. 

Then why? 

We both know it's bound to happen. Let's just get it over with and end it now.

Jiyong could not believe what he heard and totally pulled away from Seunghyun and started to pace back and forth in front of him.

Get it over with? Are you hearing yourself right now? Who are you? Why are you saying all of these things? What happened?

Seunghyun just shrugs at him and sits down on the couch. Jiyong steps closer and kneels in front of him.

Hyung, don't do this. Don't do this to us. Please?

Seunghyun bows his head, unable to look at Jiyong and he still doesn't answer.

Hyung, you're hurting me.

I'm sorry, Ji.

No, you're not. If you are, you won't be doing this. Stop it. Don't do this. Please.

I can't give you what you want.

What I want is you. I only want you. You're the one for me.

I'm not the one for you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter